Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

IGN has posted their preview of NBA Elite 11.

Quote:
"An aspect that I particularly enjoyed was the fact that the ball should no longer warp in and out of being a part of the in-game physical world. No idea what I'm talking about? Well, back in the old NBA Live days, some passes simply could not be intercepted. It didn't matter if your player read the pass properly; if the "steal ball" animation didn't play out, the ball was going to pass right through you. Now if your hand is there, you're going to make contact. Same goes for swiping at the ball as the other player is dribbling it, which is now handled entirely with the right stick. If you're positioned correctly and you see your hand hit the ball, chances are you're going to knock it loose.

Likewise, when you have the ball it's up to you to avoid the defense however possible. Much like the NHL series before it, NBA Elite's right trigger has assumed the former responsibilities of the A button (or X on PS3) meaning that you'll use it to pass the ball and switch players. The rest of the face buttons are now used for things like telling members of your squad to make different cuts on the court. You can tell them to make a run for an alley oop, make a v-cut or set a screen for you. The shooting and all your dribbling moves, as I've said, are completely tied to the right analog stick."

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rEAnimator @ 09/13/10 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babythug23
So if i have someone open i have to wait till it powers up to go to that person if he is not close to me? By that time they might not be open? Is there any ICON passing? I think this is one of them games you got to play to understand some of the controls
Yes, icon passing works the same as last year and is still available.

The power up on the pass happens pretty quick so the delay thing you're worried about shouldn't be an issue, other than the learning curve I guess.

# 22 rEAnimator @ 09/14/10 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgthem
Why'd you guys put that whole charge pass meter in the game..whats the point of that...no bashing or anything i mean like whats the reason behind it..does it make it more simulation or somethin?
Just to give you more control over who you want to pass to.

So if you're on the wing and the post entry pass is at roughly the same angle as a cross court pass, you can now select who you want to pass to without having to use icon passing.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.