Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Gamespot has posted a 7 minute NBA Elite 11 video, featuring Associate Producer Connor Dougan.

NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 221 OGKing @ 07/06/10 02:30 AM
Yes, this is looking very promising.

I have a question though, will you guys give us more of a deeper association with more features, like a whole lot of features?

Can you guys tell us some of the new features in Elite 11, like maybe a my player mode of Elite 11?

# 222 rEAnimator @ 07/06/10 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Yes, this is looking very promising.

I have a question though, will you guys give us more of a deeper association with more features, like a whole lot of features?

Can you guys tell us some of the new features in Elite 11, like maybe a my player mode of Elite 11?
I cannot answer any questions about game modes at this time. Sorry.

More information will be released in the near future.

# 223 ParisB @ 07/23/10 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navi24
hi rEAnimator

i am a little concern with the clear path fouls e.g i dont want to have a game were i have 15 fastbreak opportunities and i never get to finish none of them because they will abuse the clear path fouls, please limit the clear path fouls to like 3 a game because if u dont trust me we will never see fastbreaks get finished with a nice dunk,

another thing can u guys change the online to 6 minutes per quarter, because it will give it a more realistic score specialy with these new controls
the rules are rules, man

cheesers will always exist...i don't want the devs artificially trying to change that by affecting gameplay or the rules of basketball.

# 224 rEAnimator @ 07/23/10 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
the rules are rules, man

cheesers will always exist...i don't want the devs artificially trying to change that by affecting gameplay or the rules of basketball.
We didn't change anything about how easy it is to commit the foul, we simply added the rule to discourage people from doing it.

So this change should only make things better.

# 225 amedawg00 @ 07/23/10 02:32 PM
not even going to front as I am a 2K head, but this video looked amazing with the crispness of the controls. I was intensely looking for any suction, or two player anims, but alas, they were true to their word and in actions. Looking forward to the demo with great interest. Competition is the mother of all inventions and innovations.

# 226 rEAnimator @ 07/23/10 02:50 PM
I'm really glad to hear that you like what you saw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Competition is the mother of all inventions and innovations.
Couldn't agree more. I think this year will be the best year in a long time to be a basketball video game fan.

# 227 RxB @ 07/23/10 04:21 PM
Love the video demo!!

One concern of mine is, will fatigue and player and team momentum (hot streaks) also affect sweet spot/release points? same goes for defense.

I already envisioned cheesers iso all day with Lebron/Kobe/Wade crossover and spin moving to death. So if one uses that player all the time in real life that player has to tire out soon enough and should affect his shooting and defense overall. Also, say someone has nailed down the shot release point of a player (Mo Williams, Nash) on a certain spot/angle in the court (common cheeser tactic finding a glitch where shots drop all the time) doesn't mean he'll make the shot all the time, so if he's been shooting 50 times already with the same player that player should tire out and affect his shooting aspects.

Again if a team is on a roll and hot from good plays or after a good defense, transition baskets (used to call it momentum on! back in the NBA Live days) it should affect also there shooting, also good ball movement finding the open man rewards that player (SIM Player!!) a nice sweet spot for the open man.

I would love to have FATIGUE/MOMENTUM (Team/Player) in there implemented as well not just in the shot control but in whole gameplay. Or at least assign SUPERSTAR level where fatigue is a factor which would cater to hard core SIM PLAYERS. Or bring back the Simulation / Arcade gameplay options on the main menu which applies to both offline/online games.

# 228 rEAnimator @ 07/23/10 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxB
Love the video demo!!

One concern of mine is, will fatigue and player and team momentum (hot streaks) also affect sweet spot/release points? same goes for defense.

I already envisioned cheesers iso all day with Lebron/Kobe/Wade crossover and spin moving to death. So if one uses that player all the time in real life that player has to tire out soon enough and should affect his shooting and defense overall. Also, say someone has nailed down the shot release point of a player (Mo Williams, Nash) on a certain spot/angle in the court (common cheeser tactic finding a glitch where shots drop all the time) doesn't mean he'll make the shot all the time, so if he's been shooting 50 times already with the same player that player should tire out and affect his shooting aspects.

Again if a team is on a roll and hot from good plays or after a good defense, transition baskets (used to call it momentum on! back in the NBA Live days) it should affect also there shooting, also good ball movement finding the open man rewards that player (SIM Player!!) a nice sweet spot for the open man.

I would love to have FATIGUE/MOMENTUM (Team/Player) in there implemented as well not just in the shot control but in whole gameplay. Or at least assign SUPERSTAR level where fatigue is a factor which would cater to hard core SIM PLAYERS. Or bring back the Simulation / Arcade gameplay options on the main menu which applies to both offline/online games.
Fatigue will definitely play a role. As you get more fatigued the sweet spot for your shot will get smaller.

The momentum thing happens naturally. We haven't programmed it in, but people get into a groove and start hitting shots. You can also get into a funk. It seems to just happen with the skill based shooting.

I think it feel better that it's real and not artificial.

# 229 RxB @ 07/23/10 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Fatigue will definitely play a role. As you get more fatigued the sweet spot for your shot will get smaller.

The momentum thing happens naturally. We haven't programmed it in, but people get into a groove and start hitting shots. You can also get into a funk. It seems to just happen with the skill based shooting.

I think it feel better that it's real and not artificial.
That is great!! This will surely improve gameplay!

# 230 Jonesy @ 07/26/10 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Wasn't this the EXACT problem we all saw in the Live 10 DEMO? When Fisher wasn't closed in on, he shot it.

To me that's a problem.

And it's the same kind of logic that causes the "Mo Williamses" to go nuts in Live's past 2 games or so.

Live needs player tendencies for every player in the league.

I don't know if they already have it but if they do, it doesn't play like it.

Derek Fisher should not shoot the ball 15+ times in a game. He's in an offense where he's rarely closed in on, so technically he's "open". Doesn't mean he should shoot it if he's not closed in on.

Elite needs to find a balance for this.
that last bit is the key right there. If you the user leave a good outside shooter like Fish wide open you should be punished. It's a tough one because if it's done one way you end up with guys like Fisher shooting too much but if you go to far the other way you end up with guys not taking wide open shots which looks even worse imo.

If Derek Fisher was left wide open in real life i think he would shoot 15 times. He is paid to keep defenses honest by knocking down open shots. They'd (the Lakers) be crazy to turn down uncontested shots from such a great shooter unless he was a in a complete shooting funk or something.

They should have 2 separate sliders imo (if they don't already): one for uncontested jump shots and one for contested jump shots.

# 231 NoTiCe_O @ 07/27/10 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy
that last bit is the key right there. If you the user leave a good outside shooter like Fish wide open you should be punished. It's a tough one because if it's done one way you end up with guys like Fisher shooting too much but if you go to far the other way you end up with guys not taking wide open shots which looks even worse imo.

If Derek Fisher was left wide open in real life i think he would shoot 15 times. He is paid to keep defenses honest by knocking down open shots. They'd (the Lakers) be crazy to turn down uncontested shots from such a great shooter unless he was a in a complete shooting funk or something.

They should have 2 separate sliders imo (if they don't already): one for uncontested jump shots and one for contested jump shots.
I think the way that they are doing Jumpshots is a pretty good formula. Every type of shot has a sweet spot; in which you have to match with good timing and precision on the stick. Then defense plays a role by making the sweet spot smaller based on the contest of the shot and the shooter thats taking the shot.

Fatigue also plays a role in the sweet spot, the more tired your player gets the smaller his sweet spot becomes which makes it more difficult to run around a chuck up shots with one player all game. Also the difficulty of the shot effects the sweet spot too, with open shots having a bigger sweet spot then leaning fade-a-ways for example. Not to mention distance from the hoop effects it too.

We've yet to find out what other factors play a role in shot success but this seems like the right way to go in my opinion. Hopefully some other factors like the height of the player make an impact on the sweet spot. With it being easier to shoot over a shorter player and harder over a taller player.

There's my 2 cents on the situation

# 232 Jonesy @ 07/27/10 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
I think the way that they are doing Jumpshots is a pretty good formula. Every type of shot has a sweet spot; in which you have to match with good timing and precision on the stick. Then defense plays a role by making the sweet spot smaller based on the contest of the shot and the shooter thats taking the shot.
Yeah that does sound pretty sweet. With so many variable's it going to be hard to get it right so i hope they are putting it through some seriously in depth Q and A this year to iron out the kinks.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.