Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

Gamespot has posted a 7 minute NBA Elite 11 video, featuring Associate Producer Connor Dougan.

NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Elite 11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Pared @ 06/25/10 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Very impressive demonstration. I was hoping to see some more defense of the offensive player penetrating. Reason is last year if the dribbler got ahead of you it was a done deal usually. You had no chance at recovery as even if you caught up, you would just swat aimlessly. This year with the new physics, will we be able to recover and properly go for the shot block? If yes, will there also be a risk factor such as committing to a bad shot block and knocking the other player to the ground for a hard foul.
Yes... you can swat from behind.

# 142 rEAnimator @ 06/25/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blingballa333
With how big the green sweet spot will be near the hoop I find it hard to believe somebody will miss-aim.
You'd be surprised what happens to some people's thumb control when they're under a lot of pressure and/or get way too excited.

Buy yeah, I agree with you for the most part. If you keep your composure you'll probably never miss.

# 143 natedZA @ 06/25/10 02:26 PM
@Reanimator : I know that in the one interview someone mentioned how the game's default camera will be north-south to a camera like the side on perspective , will we be able to change that? I know it might seem like an obvious question but I remember the one NBA live title that had this camera and couldn't be changed (think it was live '07?) . Thanks

# 144 gmac0322 @ 06/25/10 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
You'd be surprised what happens to some people's thumb control when they're under a lot of pressure and/or get way too excited.

Buy yeah, I agree with you for the most part. If you keep your composure you'll probably never miss.
Welcome, I was just wondering. I saw that the passing is now going to be the right trigger now so does that mean that it is a tapping of the right trigger or do you have to press it all the way down? Sorry if my question isn't coming across clear.

# 145 dexvex @ 06/25/10 02:46 PM
Quote:

I absolutely love what im hearing about the controls but I will suggest you make sure that users know that thy can change to a classic layout. there are alot of users who don't know how to go into the menus and look at layouts so if they don't like the stick controls and think they are forced to play like that they won't want to play the game and they will tell their friends....

# 146 ctindal21 @ 06/25/10 03:30 PM
just absolutely loving the new gameplay that im seeing right now...hopefully next year EA will finally be back on top of NBA basketball gaming, but its been a wait and see before i judge affair for them since NexGen...

# 147 blues rocker @ 06/25/10 03:54 PM
hello rEAnimator - i have a question about the passing animations and passing AI. One of the biggest problems in Live 10 was that players would throw the wrong type of pass based on the location of defenders. For example - rather than throw overhead passes to get the ball over defenders, the players would often throw an ill-advised bounce pass or chest pass that would go right into the defender and get deflected. Are there more overhead passes, and has the passing AI been improved to ensure that the proper type of pass is executed to avoid deflection?

Also, do players make quicker passes on the move, rather than stopping every time to make a pass. Passing last year just felt slow and clunky, because the ball itself traveled too slowly, and the player would always stop running to make passes and rarely "passed while moving."

Quick, responsive, smart passing is something the competition does very well, and it's something Live 10 needed a lot of work on. Has it been addressed in Elite?

# 148 Vast @ 06/25/10 04:08 PM
Quote:

But people miss layups all the time. Rondo in the finals missed a TON of layups.

Are you saying this can't happen in your game??

# 149 kumamae_33 @ 06/25/10 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
hello rEAnimator - i have a question about the passing animations and passing AI. One of the biggest problems in Live 10 was that players would throw the wrong type of pass based on the location of defenders. For example - rather than throw overhead passes to get the ball over defenders, the players would often throw an ill-advised bounce pass or chest pass that would go right into the defender and get deflected. Are there more overhead passes, and has the passing AI been improved to ensure that the proper type of pass is executed to avoid deflection?

Also, do players make quicker passes on the move, rather than stopping every time to make a pass. Passing last year just felt slow and clunky, because the ball itself traveled too slowly, and the player would always stop running to make passes and rarely "passed while moving."

Quick, responsive, smart passing is something the competition does very well, and it's something Live 10 needed a lot of work on. Has it been addressed in Elite?
This^^^ is my biggest concern in Live 10. What can you say about this reanimator? Did you guys overhaul the passing in Elite 11?

# 150 rEAnimator @ 06/25/10 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kumamae_33
This^^^ is my biggest concern in Live 10. What can you say about this reanimator? Did you guys overhaul the passing in Elite 11?
Yes, passing has been completely overhauled. It's not done yet, but we're trying to address all concerns mentioned in the post.

The main motivation behind revamping the passing system is to make the whole thing more reactive to physics so you can see more tips, deflections, stuff like that.

As a result we've needed to make passing "smarter" since the ball can't just pass through an opponent.

Responsiveness, momentum and pass type selection are all being worked on as a result.

# 151 rEAnimator @ 06/25/10 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomonkey
reanimator, could you answer these questions for me? thanks

in a post up situation, will the aiming sweet spot and power meter be more forgiving when a center is being gaurded by a shorter person rather than a taller person? because in the nba when gasol takes a hook shot over rondo its almost as if he isn't there. if gasol takes a hook shot over dwight howard that is a different story.

one more question:
when going up for a layup, if you are contested will the aiming sweet spot be smaller to account for it being a contested layup?

thanks so much for answering my questions

We haven't finished tuning sweet spots for different situations yet (we're still tuning uncontested shots) so I'll be sure to bring these ideas to the table when the work begins.

I agree that these factors should come into play, and I would expect the guy on the team doing that work would feel the same way.

# 152 Vast @ 06/25/10 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomonkey
reanimator, could you answer these questions for me? thanks

in a post up situation, will the aiming sweet spot and power meter be more forgiving when a center is being gaurded by a shorter person rather than a taller person? because in the nba when gasol takes a hook shot over rondo its almost as if he isn't there. if gasol takes a hook shot over dwight howard that is a different story.

one more question:
when going up for a layup, if you are contested will the aiming sweet spot be smaller to account for it being a contested layup?

thanks so much for answering my questions
This is what i wanna know, cuz people miss layups all the time. Rondo in the finals missed a TON of layups.

# 153 rEAnimator @ 06/25/10 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
But people miss layups all the time. Rondo in the finals missed a TON of layups.

It could happen, but like I said it's not likely.

Perhaps difficulty of layup timing should be influenced by where/when you take off, and how fast you're running at the time.

We want to avoid anything that introduces random error that isn't a result of something the user did. But basing it on the takeoff is something you control as a user so that wouldn't break the rule.

When you mentioned Rondo it's the first thing that popped into my head because he seemed a little out of control on some of the layup misses if I remember correctly.

Anyway, this is certainly an option. I'll keep it in mind when we get to discussion what influences shot difficulty.

Thanks.

# 154 kumamae_33 @ 06/25/10 04:59 PM
Thanks for answering my question reanimator. How about the timeouts? Is it now possible in Elite 11 to choose what kind of timeout we want to call? Like 20 or full TO coz in Live 10 you can't and it's random.

And is the AI now smarter when it comes to inbounding the ball in halfcourt? What I mean with this is that will they set screens to free the ball receiver or move around to get an open look instead of standing and waiting for the inbounder to throw the ball at them. Coz in Live 10 they just stand and do nothing w/c is very disappointing especially when the shot clock is below 3 secs.

# 155 ctindal21 @ 06/25/10 05:04 PM
rEAnimator,

a few questions...thanks in advance

will adjusting shots in midair actually be relevant in the game this year?

and can we expect to see lebron james/dwight howard like shot blocks? and shots pinned on the backboard?

and have the alley-oops changed? are will we still have slow motion alley oops?

# 156 blues rocker @ 06/25/10 05:23 PM
Quote:
Yes, passing has been completely overhauled. It's not done yet, but we're trying to address all concerns mentioned in the post.

The main motivation behind revamping the passing system is to make the whole thing more reactive to physics so you can see more tips, deflections, stuff like that.

As a result we've needed to make passing "smarter" since the ball can't just pass through an opponent.

Responsiveness, momentum and pass type selection are all being worked on as a result.
good. one thing that is essential is there needs to be more pass animations and a wider variety of types of passes in order to ensure there is a proper pass for any type of situation.

Also, as I mentioned, it is essential that players can pass while running. This is probably the most important part to making the passing more responsive.

# 157 Vast @ 06/25/10 05:39 PM
Quote:
It could happen, but like I said it's not likely.

Perhaps difficulty of layup timing should be influenced by where/when you take off, and how fast you're running at the time.

We want to avoid anything that introduces random error that isn't a result of something the user did. But basing it on the takeoff is something you control as a user so that wouldn't break the rule.

When you mentioned Rondo it's the first thing that popped into my head because he seemed a little out of control on some of the layup misses if I remember correctly.

Anyway, this is certainly an option. I'll keep it in mind when we get to discussion what influences shot difficulty.

Thanks.
Thats a great idea, also make sure that layups in traffic are more difficult to finish.

# 158 jrich730 @ 06/25/10 06:06 PM
Yes or no question

Was Dynasty mode put on the backburner again?

See my sig thanks

# 159 Playmakers @ 06/25/10 06:26 PM
maybe i missed something but i only saw a dude talking for 7 minutes and showing how to the use the controls.....

I didn't see anything incredible unless there was another video or something showing game play

# 160 dopeismarcus @ 06/25/10 06:39 PM
please copy nhl 10 be a pro mode and this game will be amazing.

will you guys have monthly basketball tournaments like in ea sports hockey league?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.