Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Sportsgrid has posted a Madden NFL 11 Who’s Overrated And Who’s Undervalued article.

Quote:
"The first three numbers that jump out to us are the 99s (the highest rating that can bestowed on a player in Madden), and this year there are three: Super Bowl quarterbacks Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, along with currently-disgruntled Titans RB Chris Johnson.

Johnson is a no-brainer. He’s the most valuable fantasy player in the NFL, according to our PVR, and easily deserves the 99. And while Brees and Manning have the 15th and 22nd-highest PVR’s, respectively, our numbers tend to favor running backs, since they tend to be more valuable in fantasy football. We’re cool with these as well.

We think Ray Rice is slightly undervalued by the programmers, and could easily be bumped up to a 92 or 93. The 90 is most likely due to the fact that he’s only one year into the league, but we have him pegged as the 4th most valuable fantasy player in the NFL. And where’s Miles Austin? His performance last year easily makes him a top-flight wide receiver.

In terms of overvalued players, there aren’t too many glaring cases. While rec-league all-star Steve Smith had a woefully low fantasy output last year, and may no longer be a “92,” the Madden programmers seem to believe his numbers were due to an unstable QB situation. We’re fine with that."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DaSmerg @ 08/17/10 01:44 AM
I would have to agree (and just got done saying in another thread) that the way players are rated in this game doesn't make sense anymore. Play with CJ Spiller in 11 and tell me he plays like a 79 ovr?!?! Totally agree with everyone that said that pretty much the entire top half of madden players are just plain old over stated.

There truly is only a few elite players. Then there's guys having just amazing seasons. Then there's the rest of the league. Mix in there, somehow, the playing legends.

In my 24 years of following the NFL, the difference between an elite player and the rest of the league is pretty slim. A bit of physical gifts, a bit of luck and a whole lot of situation and circumstances.

What the frick do I mean? The best and most commonly recognizable name that comes to everybody's mind is Peyton Manning. Guy is gonna be a first ballot hall of famer, even if he didn't play another game. He's a playing legend. Next let's go to an elite player. Tom Brady, elite player, most likely first ballot hall of famer. Border line playing legend. Somebody mentioned the mullet in Minnesota. Best example of demonstrating what I'm talking about. Guy was a bum in KC. Didn't produce at the level he is now and off field issues. Goes to a new situation that allows him to take advantage of his physical gifts and a new set of circumstances...voila, great season and now arguably one of the elite pass rushers in the league.

Thank for reading.

# 62 Jshson14 @ 08/17/10 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSmerg
I would have to agree (and just got done saying in another thread) that the way players are rated in this game doesn't make sense anymore. Play with CJ Spiller in 11 and tell me he plays like a 79 ovr?!?! Totally agree with everyone that said that pretty much the entire top half of madden players are just plain old over stated.

There truly is only a few elite players. Then there's guys having just amazing seasons. Then there's the rest of the league. Mix in there, somehow, the playing legends.

In my 24 years of following the NFL, the difference between an elite player and the rest of the league is pretty slim. A bit of physical gifts, a bit of luck and a whole lot of situation and circumstances.

What the frick do I mean? The best and most commonly recognizable name that comes to everybody's mind is Peyton Manning. Guy is gonna be a first ballot hall of famer, even if he didn't play another game. He's a playing legend. Next let's go to an elite player. Tom Brady, elite player, most likely first ballot hall of famer. Border line playing legend. Somebody mentioned the mullet in Minnesota. Best example of demonstrating what I'm talking about. Guy was a bum in KC. Didn't produce at the level he is now and off field issues. Goes to a new situation that allows him to take advantage of his physical gifts and a new set of circumstances...voila, great season and now arguably one of the elite pass rushers in the league.

Thank for reading.
IMO, the average Pro-bowler is anywhere from an 83-87. Which would make MAYBE 9 or 10 guys more than a 91, 92 if i was doing ratings.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.