Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

******** src="http://player.ooyala.com/player.js?hide=sharing%2Cendscreen&embedCode=libDRoMTpqVx1Tif18XW_sCK_7VO_3w-&deepLinkEmbedCode=libDRoMTpqVx1Tif18XW_sCK_7VO_3w-&autoplay=0">

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Dame @ 06/24/10 11:58 AM
cool I wanted to see this in action

# 2 TheGamingChef @ 06/24/10 12:29 PM
Very cool. Much, much improved over the previous system. Recruiting is actually gonna be enjoyable this time around.

I am so excited for NCAA 11!

# 3 Sublime12089 @ 06/24/10 12:46 PM
I have no idea why but I always react negatively to Ben. Hasnt ever done anything to me, just seems like someone I wouldnt get along with IRL Also notice he didn't say anything about FSU's academics! lol

OT: looks cool. It will probably get old at some point but is def an improvement.

# 4 NYYankees42 @ 06/24/10 01:37 PM
the recruiting looks alot better in action, looks like this year it will actually be fun to recruit

# 5 dan_457 @ 06/24/10 01:38 PM
This looks good so far, I like how the point system is visible, so you can pinpoint where you stack up against competing schools.

# 6 da ThRONe @ 06/24/10 02:25 PM
The point system sounds cheesy. I was hoping it tied into Coaching Carousel. As is it just not realistic ,but everything else is better.

# 7 Deegeezy @ 06/24/10 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The point system sounds cheesy. I was hoping it tied into Coaching Carousel. As is it just not realistic ,but everything else is better.
Yeah I could do without the points being visible...the vague meter got the job done and left some sense of realism still there. Recruiting should not be presented as a mathematical equation to the user (even though I know it is a math equation on the back-end of the game).

# 8 tylerd02 @ 06/24/10 02:32 PM
Interesting. They took alot of control away from the user with this system. Topics are now chosen at random which seems weird. I liked the idea that i could dictate the conversation. I'm warming up to the points system. Gives you a better idea about how hard other schools are recruiting that same kid, just not sure how realistic that is.

# 9 jolson88 @ 06/24/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Yeah I could do without the points being visible...the vague meter got the job done and left some sense of realism still there. Recruiting should not be presented as a mathematical equation to the user (even though I know it is a math equation on the back-end of the game).
I don't think having points is that stark. At the end of the day, I can't use the points to know exactly what I need to do. After all, not only am I gaining points, but but the CPU can recruit against me (even stealing points away from me). So even if I gain 200 points, if three CPU opponents all recruited against me and each got 75 points, I would be down 25 points in total. So while you see the points gained, they still don't present a "mathematical view" of exactly how I'm doing in recruiting.

# 10 Deegeezy @ 06/24/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson88
I don't think having points is that stark. At the end of the day, I can't use the points to know exactly what I need to do. After all, not only am I gaining points, but but the CPU can recruit against me (even stealing points away from me). So even if I gain 200 points, if three CPU opponents all recruited against me and each got 75 points, I would be down 25 points in total. So while you see the points gained, they still don't present a "mathematical view" of exactly how I'm doing in recruiting.
True, this is a good way to look at it. In the end, I won't know how I feel about it until I actually get into it myself, so we'll see.

# 11 Maniac-64- @ 06/24/10 03:55 PM
I like it. It should a lot of fun stealing recruits from other schools.

# 12 headsteez @ 06/24/10 05:09 PM
It looks cool but... it seems that they just rearrange the screens and recruiting ideas from the last 3 or 4 years. Its really never anything new to make the off-season exciting. At the end of the day I know Ill just end up simulating the whole off-season.

# 13 BraveHeart @ 06/24/10 06:02 PM
I think schools need to be knocked down in ratings. Only schools that should be A or A+ in academics should be schools like...

Stanford
Notre Dame
Northwestern
Cal
Vanderbilt
UCLA
Virginia
Michigan
USC
Ga Tech
Baylor
UNC

etc....

# 14 Sublime12089 @ 06/24/10 06:49 PM
I dont know if USC belongs on that list. The other Cali universities you mentioned are FAR better, esp Cal and Stanford.

# 15 jolson88 @ 06/24/10 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerd02
Interesting. They took alot of control away from the user with this system. Topics are now chosen at random which seems weird. I liked the idea that i could dictate the conversation. I'm warming up to the points system. Gives you a better idea about how hard other schools are recruiting that same kid, just not sure how realistic that is.
The "recruiting cheeser" in me (okay, I admit it) is sad that I can't have direct control on the flow of the conversation like I did last year. However, I'm also incredibly excited because of how much more of a challenge this is going to make building up a 1* school.

Though I admit I used it last year in my offline dynasty (yes, I regret it ), it does suck that you could spam two-three good recruit patches for 3 hrs (or more sometimes) to land recruits in the matter of a couple of weeks. With a 60 minute limit and not having choice over every single pitch, this should be lots of fun .

# 16 The GIGGAS @ 06/24/10 06:58 PM
He took points from VT! Anger.

Seriously, though, that system looks great.

# 17 auburntigersfan @ 06/24/10 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
I dont know if USC belongs on that list. The other Cali universities you mentioned are FAR better, esp Cal and Stanford.
Cal isn't really far superior to USC. Of course Stanford is superior, and the argument could be made that Cal is better. The only school that clearly doesn't belong on that list is Baylor. I would also include Duke, Boston College, Rice, and Wake Forest.

It astonishes me sometimes how people underestimate the academics at USC, you'd think half of the people from around where I live think it's just some state university about like Oklahoma.

# 18 Deegeezy @ 06/25/10 08:07 AM
Yeah I like the conversation being random too...It's like the recruit is leading the call/asking the questions instead of the other way around and it puts more difficulty on the user.

# 19 Roggie @ 06/25/10 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolson88
The "recruiting cheeser" in me (okay, I admit it) is sad that I can't have direct control on the flow of the conversation like I did last year. However, I'm also incredibly excited because of how much more of a challenge this is going to make building up a 1* school.

Though I admit I used it last year in my offline dynasty (yes, I regret it ), it does suck that you could spam two-three good recruit patches for 3 hrs (or more sometimes) to land recruits in the matter of a couple of weeks. With a 60 minute limit and not having choice over every single pitch, this should be lots of fun .
Totally with you on this one. It was FAR too easy getting the top recruiting class every year. Even did it in ODs spamming hard sells to their very high my A/A+. So many points doing that. So easy.

I'm liking everything but the visible points. You shouldn't know exactly how many points you got. I didn't know recruits said "Hey coach, you just gained 93 interest points from me, bring you up to 1248. You're 57 behind some other school!" I find that just stupid.

# 20 arobbi3 @ 06/25/10 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
"Hey coach, you just gained 93 interest points from me, bring you up to 1248. You're 57 behind some other school!" I find that just stupid.
This. Only issue I have with this new system. I love the random topics, but the points just seem stupid to me. I hope theres an option to hide them. If there's not I'll eventually get used to it. It's just frustrating that they brought a little realism away from recruiting.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.