Home
Backbreaker News Post

A major patch for Backbreaker is in the works.

Quote:
"I wanted to share something with you. We’ve had to hold back on discussing this for the past couple of weeks but today I can finally tell you that we have been working on a major patch for Backbreaker.

The patch will address many issues and requests raised by the Backbreaker community, so thank you for your valuable input. Further information will follow in good time, but you should be aware that this is something that we are taking seriously and will not be rushing out."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mestevo @ 06/26/10 05:55 AM
With the UK release behind them, if they don't release any codes in the next week or two then I think that could be as incomplete as the download section on their website.

# 22 videlsports @ 06/26/10 06:12 AM
I hope this will bring more people to appericiae BB football

# 23 stiffarmleft @ 06/26/10 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolish813
Actually I've always thought that there was more on the actual disk that was not activated. I think the patch will unlock and/or activate these additions and finish tweaking them, as well as fix gameplay issues.
I agree, I've always felt the game was incomplete, it was supposed to have customizable soundtracks and a better replay mode from what I remember, where did it go? As far as unlocking stuff, didn't madden have the broadcast cam in the game but had it locked because it did not work correctly. I think this patch will actually be the game NM wanted to release, they just ran out of time, it's obvious they were having trouble finishing the game, they extended the release date about a month before release.

# 24 kehlis @ 06/26/10 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Its pretty comical.
I'm confused as to how?

He quoted two people and you have no idea if the scenerio he described even applies to them. And you are accusing them of having double standards?

I still don't get how Madden is relevant here. Every time there is any criticism brought up that is the defense mechanism used...

# 25 TreFacTor @ 06/26/10 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm confused as to how?

He quoted two people and you have no idea if the scenerio he described even applies to them. And you are accusing them of having double standards?

I still don't get how Madden is relevant here. Every time there is any criticism brought up that is the defense mechanism used...
You can't really blame him. It's hard for people to be critical of the choices they make. It takes a really grounded and logical personality type to stand by their decisions with conviction. Comparisons to Madden's faults is a natural stage in grief:

Denial: "There's nothing wrong with BackBreaker, learn to play, stop whining and get your game up!"

Anger: "So what BackBreaker needs a patch, Madden needs a patch every year"

Bargaining: "If only the devs would release a patch to fix interceptions, offensive line blocking against the blitz, the erratic camera, CPU AI and interceptions, online host advantage, quitters not receiving a loss, then maybe more people will like the game." ->-BackBreaker Support Forum full of complaints <-

Depression: The sales figures alone are enough for fans and the devs to be depressed, I'll forgive this one.

**Acceptance: This is what fans of BackBreaker have to deal with. They have to accept that decisions by the dev team are the reason for the games current state including it's faults, popularity (or lack thereof) and sales.**

# 26 Dramaking @ 06/26/10 12:36 PM
nice to here BB is a good game already, the patch should only make it better hopefully but i like Natural Motion and even if the patch misses some issues i have i pretty BB2 will be only improved. But i dont see how people can be some negative? saming the game sucks is a opinion but its never too late.

# 27 Dramaking @ 06/26/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dramaking
nice to here BB is a good game already, the patch should only make it better hopefully but i like Natural Motion and even if the patch misses some issues i have i pretty BB2 will be only improved. But i dont see how people can be some negative? saming the game sucks is a opinion but its never too late.
hear* saying*

# 28 Kaanyr Vhok @ 06/26/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
You can't really blame him. It's hard for people to be critical of the choices they make. It takes a really grounded and logical personality type to stand by their decisions with conviction. Comparisons to Madden's faults is a natural stage in grief:
What choice are you talking about? You mean buying Backbreaker. I don't even own BB. I rented it borrowed it and based on that experience it was a must buy even without the patch. For a first installment BB is a great sports game. The running game is great and the passing is ok when you have the ball. The real issue is the CPU. Ryan Leaf vs Buddy Ryan's Eagles gets old.

# 29 Pared @ 06/26/10 02:27 PM
Guys enough with the comparisons. Really tired of reading about Madden's expectations in this forum.

Stay on topic.

# 30 JayBee74 @ 06/26/10 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
What choice are you talking about? You mean buying Backbreaker. I don't even own BB. I rented it borrowed it and based on that experience it was a must buy even without the patch. For a first installment BB is a great sports game. The running game is great and the passing is ok when you have the ball. The real issue is the CPU. Ryan Leaf vs Buddy Ryan's Eagles gets old.
Sometimes it seems like Leaf versus Buddy Ryan's Chicago Bears. If the patch is to be a success it must make the CPU offense a real force to contend with, both running and passing.

# 31 bkrich83 @ 06/26/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Sometimes it seems like Leaf versus Buddy Ryan's Chicago Bears. If the patch is to be a success it must make the CPU offense a real force to contend with, both running and passing.
This would go a long way in holding my attention. The game simply got boring because the CPU offered no threat on offense.

Just making the CPU offense play smarter and be a threat would be a HUGE upgrade

# 32 DJ @ 06/26/10 04:12 PM
I will probably wait until the patch is released before I buy the game. Definitely excited to hear the news about a patch though.

# 33 Steve_OS @ 06/30/10 09:33 AM
Reopened.

I have deleted all Madden talk in this thread.

Anyone comparing or disussing Madden in this thread will be banned.

It's getting old.

# 34 turftickler @ 06/30/10 09:50 AM
I'm positive that interceptions will be addressed. Also, if the camera behind the RB was raised a little bit, not much, that would give us a greater advantage. Maybe we would run into our blockers as much.

I can't believe how many people think this game is bad because of a few problems that will be fixed. Give the game a chance. I can guarantee that the 2 other football games that release this year will be the same animations over and over and over again.

# 35 spankdatazz22 @ 06/30/10 09:54 AM
Good to hear the game is getting a patch. I was leaning towards trading it in but will wait until I hear about the patch improvements/the patch releases. From a technology standpoint the game is pretty impressive, with player interaction and programmed actions on a level way beyond anything we've seen in a football game to date. Particularly with the added caveats of this being a first year/non-licensed/non-patched game without the benefit of years of user feedback. Hoping the devs can make the cpu offenses a lot more formidable at the very least, and perhaps patch in a camera angle/improved camera angle for those that want the option to change the view

# 36 Skyboxer @ 06/30/10 10:57 AM
Great news! Keep making it better and better!

# 37 rooney8 @ 06/30/10 12:00 PM
I know he said it won't be rushed but I just can't see how they can fix some of the major problems in a month or two when the game took 3 years to make. If they can that would be great.

# 38 Pared @ 06/30/10 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I know he said it won't be rushed but I just can't see how they can fix some of the major problems in a month or two when the game took 3 years to make. If they can that would be great.
While I understand the skepticism, they had to create a game literally from nothing. If any sports game were to try that today, they would not be able to do it in the yearly release window most games abide by.

Depending on how they setup the game and code, it is quite possible they can have a drastic change via the patch. Maybe not things like camera angles but AI aggression and so forth are quite addressable, typically.

# 39 Blitzburgh @ 06/30/10 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
While I understand the skepticism, they had to create a game literally from nothing. If any sports game were to try that today, they would not be able to do it in the yearly release window most games abide by.

Depending on how they setup the game and code, it is quite possible they can have a drastic change via the patch. Maybe not things like camera angles but AI aggression and so forth are quite addressable, typically.
Camera angles can certainly be patched (Madden Broadcast Cam) and I am going to predict that they will include a more over th shoulder type can so that we can see the rush better when passing. If they do that then I will give that a bit more playing time.

# 40 Pared @ 06/30/10 12:39 PM
No, they can't. Madden's angle was already in the game, just invisible to you.

If the BB team didn't plan and already include it, it would be too big to fit the patch requirements set forth by MS and Sony.

I know this for a fact.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.