Home
Backbreaker News Post

A major patch for Backbreaker is in the works.

Quote:
"I wanted to share something with you. We’ve had to hold back on discussing this for the past couple of weeks but today I can finally tell you that we have been working on a major patch for Backbreaker.

The patch will address many issues and requests raised by the Backbreaker community, so thank you for your valuable input. Further information will follow in good time, but you should be aware that this is something that we are taking seriously and will not be rushing out."

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Tyrant8RDFL @ 07/23/10 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gridironjunky
There's a second camera in the patch???? I had not heard this before. Where was it posted?
Todd the head developer mentioned in a post that they were trying to decide how high and wide they are going to adjust the passing camera.

To me that is not a 2nd camera , but more of a adjustment to the camera we have present.

Which is fine by me , because the other 2 cameras (Running and Defense) are perfect, but you never know it may be a 2nd camera.

Either way we will get a different passing camera.

# 142 bkrich83 @ 07/25/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Todd the head developer mentioned in a post that they were trying to decide how high and wide they are going to adjust the passing camera.

To me that is not a 2nd camera , but more of a adjustment to the camera we have present.

Which is fine by me , because the other 2 cameras (Running and Defense) are perfect, but you never know it may be a 2nd camera.

Either way we will get a different passing camera.
I disagree on the running camera. It's over the wrong shoulder. Don't you think? When running outside, I want to see inside, not the sideline.

# 143 bkrich83 @ 07/25/10 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
Hit the Focus button and you look inside...
Not really though, I mean it does, but it's zoomed more is it not? Doesn't the focus button look more at the closest defender inside? But that's besides the point, it's a bad design decision. Why would you look that direction by default when running the ball?

# 144 Tyrant8RDFL @ 07/25/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I disagree on the running camera. It's over the wrong shoulder. Don't you think? When running outside, I want to see inside, not the sideline.
Yes I do agree with you that it is over the wrong shoulder. I said that the very 1st time I broke a run down the sideline.

In a short time I got use to looking for the shadows of the players to anticipate contact, but your right it should go over the other shoulder.

I feel at this time only so much can be patched, and the passing camera is the biggest gripe as to why gamers do not want to play this game. I want BB to succeed so that is why I'm mentioning the passing camera as the only one that needs fixing right now.

# 145 bkrich83 @ 07/25/10 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Yes I do agree with you that it is over the wrong shoulder. I said that the very 1st time I broke a run down the sideline.

In a short time I got use to looking for the shadows of the players to anticipate contact, but your right it should go over the other shoulder.

I feel at this time only so much can be patched, and the passing camera is the biggest gripe as to why gamers do not want to play this game. I want BB to succeed so that is why I'm mentioning the passing camera as the only one that needs fixing right now.
You actually said the running cam was perfect. Which is why I brought it up. Defense cam imo, is perfect. Both the running cam (due to the shoulder) and the passing cam (due to lack of depth perception) take away from the game imo. The passing cam, as you said obviously needs more work, and I can live with the run cam as it stands now, but ideally it would be over the other shoulder.

# 146 mestevo @ 07/27/10 11:31 AM
Quote:
Hi Guys,

We have made the patch available to a few guys early (we are allowed to do this with the console manufacturers) to give them time to create review videos, this is ultimately to help the Backbreaker patch make the biggest splash possible. It isn't favouritism, its just sensible marketing and pretty standard practice.

Hope that makes sense - we do appreciate all the hard work that goes into your YouTube videos so please keep making them - it'll be even easier soon!

Todd.
Going out to some of the video fanatics.

# 147 mestevo @ 07/27/10 07:23 PM
They've just about lost their minds on the BB forums over Youtube talking heads getting the patch before people who paid for the game (the Youtube guys were given the game for free).

Ryan Moody on Youtube said he's expecting the patch as early as next week... so it's probably still 3-4 weeks out for everyone else, will be surprised if it's here before September.

# 148 LingeringRegime @ 07/27/10 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
They've just about lost their minds on the BB forums over Youtube talking heads getting the patch before people who paid for the game (the Youtube guys were given the game for free).

Ryan Moody on Youtube said he's expecting the patch as early as next week... so it's probably still 3-4 weeks out for everyone else, will be surprised if it's here before September.
Yeah, some of the people over there are going nuts about it. I wish that they would just drop a bone, but I agree it will probably be 2 weeks minimum before the patch is available for everyone.

# 149 jyoung @ 07/28/10 08:50 AM
Patches have to be certified and approved by Microsoft, so it will be a while before we actually see it appear for public download.

Sucks, but that's just the way it is for 360 gamers.

PS3 folks might see it earlier.

# 150 farnzworth @ 07/28/10 12:18 PM
I don't own the game... but most of the time, MAJOR patches come with major unforeseen problems. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you guys. But honestly, you all should be expecting some decent issues post patch.

# 151 Darkeus @ 07/28/10 06:40 PM
Hope this patch fixes the problem. Madden needs serious competition and in its current form, Backbreaker is not even close.

# 152 TIm @ 07/29/10 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston_Tiger
Depends on what aspect of the game you are comparing. Player interactions, AI, Franchise Depth, or Gameplay.

I think BB wins the first and loses the rest but the overall gap isn't that big.
Can we get some info on this patch soon?? I would like to hear something because backbreaker has potential.. I would like to Rent Madden and then Backbreaker and make a choice... I

# 153 mestevo @ 07/29/10 11:15 AM
It looks like they're not even going to give even high level information about the patch until it's in the hands of people that can make videos hyping it.

If they're distributing it to people during certification, I don't see why we couldn't get some patch notes. It's a marketing thing I think.

People are speculating that we might have something soon per Todd's 'tick tock' twitter post - http://twitter.com/toddgibbs but the community is quick to jump on every little thing as a sign or indication of something.

Apparently there's an embargo on the people who are getting it early, because that apexisfree guy on youtube posted a video of some new stuff and it's been removed. Reading that it included new replay camera angles and an improved throwing motion.

# 154 Tyrant8RDFL @ 07/29/10 01:13 PM
Quote:
It looks like they're not even going to give even high level information about the patch until it's in the hands of people that can make videos hyping it.

If they're distributing it to people during certification, I don't see why we couldn't get some patch notes. It's a marketing thing I think.

People are speculating that we might have something soon per Todd's 'tick tock' twitter post - http://twitter.com/toddgibbs but the community is quick to jump on every little thing as a sign or indication of something.

Apparently there's an embargo on the people who are getting it early, because that apexisfree guy on youtube posted a video of some new stuff and it's been removed. Reading that it included new replay camera angles and an improved throwing motion.
Well if it's true about the imporve throwing motion that is great news!!!

# 155 mestevo @ 07/30/10 12:53 PM
Looks like they're trying to create buzz by doing a lot of nonsensical stuff and just pissing off half their official forum guys.

# 156 ezio @ 07/30/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Looks like they're trying to create buzz by doing a lot of nonsensical stuff and just pissing off half their official forum guys.
Which is a bad move IMO.

# 157 TIm @ 07/30/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Which is a bad move IMO.

Agreed,
Whatever fans they have left or whatever few fans are waiting on a patch to buy the game are probably dwindling down.. I for one was going to get backbreaker in hopes of a good patch but last night I put in 2k5 360 and am perfectly content with that game.. I just of very stupid when it comes to Rosters and pulling out my 360 S hard Drive and what programs/cables I need to Download the latest Rosters and Schedules

# 158 LingeringRegime @ 07/30/10 01:59 PM
That forum has some serious issues man. It is so unprofessional. The mods are making idiotic subforums and adding fuel to the fire. I really love the game, but most of the community over there are just like a bunch of silly little girls. Case in point: http://forum.backbreakergame.com/sho...072#post324072 I guess they ran out of things to do waiting for the patch.

It really makes me appreciate OS more.

# 159 plasticbeast @ 07/30/10 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
most of the community over there are just like a bunch of silly little girls.
How weird...that is exactly what I think about OS most of the time (especially in the last 2 years or so).

# 160 bkrich83 @ 07/30/10 02:38 PM
I don't go over to their forums. Is there any solid information about what the patch includes? I'd like to give the game another try post-patch, just curious as to what it includes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.