Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Joystiq has posted their NBA 2K11 preview.

Quote:
"The realism of the presentation was given more weight thanks to the new player models, animations and the completely rewritten dribbling engine that provides 1:1 ball-handling via the right analog stick. This year, players have a more defined look -- smaller guys look the way they should and all of the players don't have the bulky shoulders of previous years' releases. In addition, with the changes to the way the ball is handled, 2K is promising more dynamic action and less in the way of canned animations -- there's even an in-air collision system now."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Phreezy P @ 06/25/10 10:51 PM
Ohno! Right stick controls for handling too? Oh well I guess I will use the Alternate control schemes.

# 22 youvalss @ 06/26/10 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airaron32
Ohno! Right stick controls for handling too? Oh well I guess I will use the Alternate control schemes.
Oh yeah, there'll be alternate controls. That gives me some hope...

# 23 ProtoPunch @ 06/26/10 01:00 AM
Shotstick don't leave me

# 24 stretch45 @ 06/26/10 01:02 AM
rob jones said the shot stick is in the game on that other 1 so.

# 25 NINJAK2 @ 06/26/10 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Boii
its funny i've see alot of talk about live using the right stick to shoot, and how its stolen from 2k even though its no where near the same. but now you can dribble in 2k with the right stick which has been a staple in the live series for idk.....ever
Don't start dude......................Please..

# 26 KDRIZZLE2K4 @ 06/26/10 01:51 AM
Guys trust me, the shot stick and the dribble, both on the right stick is not too complicated and not prone to accidents! How do I know? Because it's already in 2K10 as alternate C(or B I can't quite remember at the moment)! I play with it exclusively and I never make mistakes or forget to hold the trigger when I shoot the ball. Mind you, I mostly only use the shot stick for dunks and lay ups and generally use the buttons for regular shots. I suggest everyone try it out to kind of get a feel of how 2K11 might be. I feel like I have more control with isomotion on the right stick, it does still has its share of problems with control though so I'm glad they are reworking it to give us more control and also making it the default control scheme.

# 27 Shakedowncapo @ 06/26/10 03:16 AM
I can tell you right now the right analog stick wont be mapped for dribbling(by default).. Joystiq got it wrong.

# 28 RipCity71252 @ 06/26/10 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I can tell you right now the right analog stick wont be mapped for dribbling.. Joystiq got it wrong.
Yup, I've heard in other previews and videos about dribbling still being on the left stick. I just expect there to be less use of the triggers to do the moves ala 2k8.

# 29 Jrocc23 @ 06/26/10 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
If you don't use the shot stick you cannot do drifters/leaners/runners/advanced post moves/adjusting shots in mid-air/specific layup packages(like Rondo's).

Although with the button you can do fadeaways. This is why I only use the button for spot up jumpers. Also for pumpfakes in the paint and the lean in the defender to draw a foul animation.

I also noticed using the shot stick in the paint area won't initiate heavy contact as much. Can anyone relate to this?
Exactly. I wished they just kept the controls the same and just let the "newcomers" to just use ALT A like alot of people do.

# 30 NELL86 @ 06/26/10 08:51 AM
They have to get the game to play smooth before changing controls cause the dribbling control on 2k10 was horrible i like 2k9 dribbling control way better. I hope both hoop games this year are great because last year was a embarrissment to the sport

# 31 BroMontana82 @ 06/26/10 09:32 AM
let's see this play out. it's definitely possible you will use the trigger and the right stick for dribbling. mid air collisions? awesome.

# 32 bonannogiovanni @ 06/26/10 10:53 AM
I read somewhere else that half spin will be done with a quick 1/4 roll /rollback of the LEFT stick the joystiq previewer must have made a mistake. However there'll always be alternate control schemes, and right stick ball handling is already in the game.

# 33 ronyell @ 06/26/10 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy703
yea i swear this sounds a lot like nba live, hmmm and they are adding in-air collisions... hmm nba live??? people say live copies 2k... and it is true to a degree but to a large degree 2k copies live, when it came to the dynamic dna , 2k came out with its version, dunk contest, 2k came out with its version, dribble stick was in live, 2k comes out with one now? hmmm
flyboy or "FAN"boy?

# 34 youvalss @ 06/26/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live Boii
its funny i've see alot of talk about live using the right stick to shoot, and how its stolen from 2k even though its no where near the same. but now you can dribble in 2k with the right stick which has been a staple in the live series for idk.....ever
Actually, this feature was also in Inside Drive 2003, which was the same year EA implemented it. And also, if I'm not mistaken, in NBA Shootout 2003.

# 35 youvalss @ 06/26/10 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I can tell you right now the right analog stick wont be mapped for dribbling(by default).. Joystiq got it wrong.
I hope not, because if it is, we may have to push both sticks and pull both triggers for dunking. That's pretty annoying.

# 36 youvalss @ 06/26/10 12:11 PM
Quote:
yea i swear this sounds a lot like nba live, hmmm and they are adding in-air collisions... hmm nba live??? people say live copies 2k... and it is true to a degree but to a large degree 2k copies live, when it came to the dynamic dna , 2k came out with its version, dunk contest, 2k came out with its version, dribble stick was in live, 2k comes out with one now? hmmm
And still people buy 2K more than Live. Life isn't fair, eh?

# 37 theclownprince @ 06/26/10 01:07 PM
i was just reading how elite 11 is introducing a shot stick and think they're so innovative. they showed Carmelo going for a dunk and flick the stick to change it to a layup, um, haven't i seen that before years ago in a 2K game?

# 38 youvalss @ 06/26/10 01:11 PM
Well, at the end, what matters is which game plays better. And if(!) unit sold is an indication, we know the answer.

# 39 wrestlinggod1 @ 06/26/10 02:12 PM
Ok flyboy703. That's fine. But you don't need to post it in this thread. You're starting off really bad..

# 40 youvalss @ 06/26/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
i play both games i just dont like fanboys that say live does nothing right, when a lot of stuff live does 2k copies, and now that nba elite is shaping up to be good a game they want to copy what live did right
That's only an assumption, as most of what we say here, based on the info we have right now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.