Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Joystiq has posted their NBA 2K11 preview.

Quote:
"The realism of the presentation was given more weight thanks to the new player models, animations and the completely rewritten dribbling engine that provides 1:1 ball-handling via the right analog stick. This year, players have a more defined look -- smaller guys look the way they should and all of the players don't have the bulky shoulders of previous years' releases. In addition, with the changes to the way the ball is handled, 2K is promising more dynamic action and less in the way of canned animations -- there's even an in-air collision system now."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jfsolo @ 06/27/10 02:34 PM
Hopefully the inaccurate part is about dribbling being on the right stick.

# 62 WTF @ 06/27/10 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo

# 63 youvalss @ 06/27/10 04:35 PM
I don't understand something. Don't these previews claim to see the game in action? Because they all talk about the player models, lighting, presentation, etc. So assuming it's not screenshots that they saw, if you see the game in action you can pretty much see the way the person playing is controlling the action. Or maybe I'm missing something here?

** EDIT **

Unless, of course, they only saw a gameplay video...

# 64 jmood88 @ 06/27/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I don't understand something. Don't these previews claim to see the game in action? Because they all talk about the player models, lighting, presentation, etc. So assuming it's not screenshots that they saw, if you see the game in action you can pretty much see the way the person playing is controlling the action. Or maybe I'm missing something here?

** EDIT **

Unless, of course, they only saw a gameplay video...
I'm sure they are paying more attention to what's on the tv than a person's hand, and even if they just stared at what someone was doing it's not always apparent exactly what each thumbstick is doing.

# 65 Hassan Darkside @ 06/27/10 07:39 PM
Or there's an embargo...

# 66 jmood88 @ 06/27/10 07:41 PM
An embargo wouldn't keep them from being able to see how a person is controlling the game. They released a preview talking about the controls so it's clear that there isn't an embargo on that information, they just saw it wrong or whoever they talked to made a mistake.

# 67 23 @ 06/28/10 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustahymes
this site has a lot of bs going on i said the same thing about mr.wang not too long ago and got a slap on the wrist. some nonsense about bad language like this is a catholic school. just because someone makes a point that is in some regards true. i cant knock mr.wangs hustle you gotta make ur money somehow in this recession, hopefully there will be better basketball games because of it.
I dont know what you said but if you come on the site insulting devs, then you're gone. Check the TOS...call it what you want but its the fastest way to get banned.

# 68 youvalss @ 06/28/10 10:45 AM
Isomotion was limited? Why? You could perform tons of moves.

# 69 Rawdeal28 @ 06/28/10 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
This article is inaccurate.
Yes! thank you. dont mess with the shotstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
i think that is exactly what Beluba is saying

# 70 Thielkesp18 @ 06/28/10 04:35 PM
Im sure they will just tweek the shot stick, probably add dribbling to the right and left side of the shot stick. theres nothing more aggrovating then trying to do a pick and roll only to have the ball in the wrong hand and having to go back and forth with the stick to get the ball in the right hand.

# 71 WTF @ 06/28/10 04:38 PM
I highly doubt it. You'll just have to do a simple cross to get it in the right hand before you do your pick and roll. Just my .02, I think all dribbling should and will stay on the left stick.

# 72 Rocboyz101 @ 06/28/10 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Or there's an embargo...
I doubt it, I think they'd tell us.

# 73 youvalss @ 06/28/10 08:53 PM
According to Ronnie2K, We'll have to wait for the first insight until...

Quote:
Mid to late July. Last year's was in August so earlier either way.

# 74 smlmeyer @ 06/29/10 10:02 AM
Here's my question for the 2K11 scheme - if shot stick is right stick, the new ball-handling moves are right stick+LT, dunks are right stick+RT, that's all fine and good. Where's post up now though? Maybe pull and hold LT and hold up on the right to start your post up and then do like quarter circles or half circles and combos of that sort from the 12 o'clock position to do post moves? That might be hard to do the right move haha It's like when you first learn Skate and you WANT to kickflick but you just keep doing an Ollie and turning the board 90 degrees or so frontside.

# 75 bonbonan @ 06/29/10 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smlmeyer
Here's my question for the 2K11 scheme - if shot stick is right stick, the new ball-handling moves are right stick+LT, dunks are right stick+RT, that's all fine and good. Where's post up now though? Maybe pull and hold LT and hold up on the right to start your post up and then do like quarter circles or half circles and combos of that sort from the 12 o'clock position to do post moves? That might be hard to do the right move haha It's like when you first learn Skate and you WANT to kickflick but you just keep doing an Ollie and turning the board 90 degrees or so frontside.
i feel that it is very hard for us to use joystick for the game. Quite hard to manage the games with joystick.

# 76 WTF @ 06/29/10 12:42 PM
Ball handling is not right stick and LT. Ball handling is still on the left stick.

# 77 Pared @ 06/29/10 12:43 PM
This article isn't 100% accurate. Everyone should just hold out for more information.

# 78 mojomojo @ 06/29/10 07:19 PM
So Mike left EA because he disagreed about the new right analog controls and 2k copies what Elite is doing ...lol ... Ain't that funny?

# 79 cam21224 @ 06/29/10 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomojo
So Mike left EA because he disagreed about the new right analog controls and 2k copies what Elite is doing ...lol ... Ain't that funny?

Operation Sports: Obviously, the first question is what made you leave the NBA Live team Mike?

Mike Wang: My main goal ever since I got into this industry has been to help create the ultimate NBA hoops sim. After spending time with both Visual Concepts, working on NBA 2K6-2K8, and then with EA the past couple years, I realized that if I wanted to achieve my goal, returning to Visual Concepts was the right move to make. I met some great people in Canada (both inside and outside of EA), but it is definitely great to be back home.

OS: When did you leave or decide to leave the NBA Live team, and when did you return to the NBA 2K team?

Mike: After NBA Live 10 wrapped up and we started going through the pre-production planning phase for '11, we held several meetings to discuss the future of the franchise. After going through those meetings, it became very clear that the vision I had for the game was different from where the leadership wanted to take it. I parted ways with EA shortly after and came back on-board with the NBA 2K team last November.

# 80 youvalss @ 06/29/10 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomojo
I think Mike left EA not only because of the product, but also because of the consumers...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.