Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Joystiq has posted their NBA 2K11 preview.

Quote:
"The realism of the presentation was given more weight thanks to the new player models, animations and the completely rewritten dribbling engine that provides 1:1 ball-handling via the right analog stick. This year, players have a more defined look -- smaller guys look the way they should and all of the players don't have the bulky shoulders of previous years' releases. In addition, with the changes to the way the ball is handled, 2K is promising more dynamic action and less in the way of canned animations -- there's even an in-air collision system now."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 WTF @ 06/29/10 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomojo
So Mike left EA because he disagreed about the new right analog controls and 2k copies what Elite is doing ...lol ... Ain't that funny?
What makes you think that 2k is copying EA's controls? It's already been said by Mike in this thread, that the "previewer's" comments are "inaccurate".

# 82 Beluba @ 06/29/10 10:22 PM
By the way, I never said anything about controls as being something I disagreed with. Although, I have a different opinion about what/how controls should be implemented in a basketball game compared to what Elite's trying to do this year. What I said was that I have a different vision for how a sim basketball game should be played and the direction that Elite is taking is different from where I wanted to go. Doesn't mean I completely disagree with everything they're doing. But when the 2 games are released this year, you'll see how the different philosophies of our companies yield a very different product.

# 83 turftickler @ 06/29/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
By the way, I never said anything about controls as being something I disagreed with. Although, I have a different opinion about what/how controls should be implemented in a basketball game compared to what Elite's trying to do this year. What I said was that I have a different vision for how a sim basketball game should be played and the direction that Elite is taking is different from where I wanted to go. Doesn't mean I completely disagree with everything they're doing. But when the 2 games are released this year, you'll see how the different philosophies of our companies yield a very different product.
Get 'em Mike!

Can't wait for NBA 2k11!

# 84 ParisB @ 06/29/10 10:51 PM
Quote:
What's your vision?

Is there any bad blood?

Are there disclosure agreements when transferring companies like that? Just curious

# 85 youvalss @ 06/29/10 11:00 PM
You guys could be politicians - saying it all and not saying anything

Oh well, at least in this case we'll get the info soon, while in politics...you know (don't wanna get this one locked).

# 86 mojomojo @ 07/01/10 08:34 PM
Quote:
Didn't mean to disrecpect. What's your vision on the controls?

# 87 youvalss @ 07/01/10 08:51 PM
Quote:
Didn't mean to disrecpect. What's your vision on the controls?
Nice try, but we're not getting anything before the 15th or later. I hope I'm wrong, though.

# 88 Goffs @ 07/01/10 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Nice try, but we're not getting anything before the 15th or later. I hope I'm wrong, though.
15th of this month or next month?

# 89 youvalss @ 07/01/10 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
15th of this month or next month?
I remember reading at Ronnie2K's twitter something about the first insight in 2 or 3 weeks. Not sure if it's gonna be about the controls, but that's the first major info we'll probably get.

Here's the qute:

Quote:
RT @ jagun@Ronnie2K when can we expect the first nba insight->Mid to late July. Last year's was in August so earlier either way.

# 90 TUSS11 @ 07/01/10 09:17 PM
You guys are funny. There are a lot of things that go into the decision to move to another company. He was living in a different country, had to find a new home, school for the kids, make new friends. And that's just the personal aspect one has to think about when switching companies. It's more than just "I had to move back because I didn't like right stick controls."

# 91 Kaanyr Vhok @ 07/02/10 12:06 AM
Quote:
Belb ah remember your 2k8 shot percentage poll vote so that statement gets two and a

# 92 Beluba @ 07/02/10 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Belb ah remember your 2k8 shot percentage poll vote so that statement gets two and a
That patch still gives me nightmares. Lol

# 93 mojomojo @ 07/02/10 03:39 PM
My 2 cents:
I would like to see 2k and EA giving us different games, different approaches and not trying to mimic each other all the time.

# 94 youvalss @ 07/02/10 04:37 PM
Quote:
My 2 cents:
I would like to see 2k and EA giving us different games, different approaches and not trying to mimic each other all the time.
When did that happen???

# 95 mojomojo @ 07/30/10 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
When did that happen???
lololol very funny

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.