Home
UFC Undisputed 2010 News Post

Hey guys,

Most of you are well aware our UFC patch is out, I won't just simply copy-paste my message here, hit the link for the full change list if you need:

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/forums/topic/245220

On a different note, my apologies if my absence and/or lack of posting sent some unfortunate signals. The honest truth is i've been swamped with WWE and UFC meetings, and am trying to find the right balance of time, i'm pretty sure a lot of the planning meetings will die down so I can actually get down to business. That and handling both communities, both websites, and about 30 people on each end of me, i'm not gonna lie, its definitely a challenge I am adjusting to. My C&C days prepared me well though!

I realize that's not what you want to hear, but just working on getting my bearings. Our official forums need A LOT of work, we're improving them, and though I am becoming passionately tied to OS, UOC, and the rest, getting our official forums to be more like it is HERE, is one of my top goals.

I am going to start doing a lot of UFC research this summer, the goal being to get this community way more involved at an extremely early stage in our process, and building support for the UFC community in general. Told Steve i'd like to get some cool prizes here (how about a Brock Lesnar signed copy up for grabs) to give OS some fun contests.

The patch may have some associated issues, I am looking in to that with the dev team so I don't bring any exact update tonight. The stat screen prior to a match I nor the dev team have given up on, its still something I will pursue very hard.

And in general, really appreciate your guys dedication to the sport and our game in general. I hope to prove my worth as your dedicated Community Manager.

Thanks for the ***-kick Steve

For those who have downloaded the patch, how is it shaping up for you this far? What system are you on? I'm trying to isolate any issues we may still have with connections or Super CAF's.

Cheers guys,
Tank

~ Brendan Schaub wants to take some of you down, he is hardcore, met him in Vegas last weekend at TUF finale, dude can play!

Game: UFC Undisputed 2010Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 17 - View All
UFC Undisputed 2010 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 redsrule @ 07/19/10 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
So sad that this game got great review scores across the board, yet gameplay wise it doesn't come close to UFC 2009. The game modes are awesome, what a travesty that KO's happen in almost every fight. I am seriously thinking about trading this one in, if there is no confirmation of a patch that fixes the KO/TKO issues.
Yea it is annoying, and i refuse to download patch because of ruined career mode.

# 82 sb24 @ 07/20/10 01:53 PM
Ok I hope guys are still checking out this thread. I have an idea I would like some feedback on.

Fighter Ratings.

As it stands now they are pretty pointless. I can barely tell the difference between a guy with 75 striking and a guy with 60 striking. On top of that UFC has "updated" fighter ratings; they increased or decreased a point or 2. Nothing at all that makes a difference. This got me thinking. We should just simlify the ratings and get away from this 1-100 crap (not that anyone ever has below a 50).

Heres what I am thinking, give each fighters talents a grade. Either 3 or 5 categories.

World class
Above average
Average
Below average
Poor

It will really allow you to see whos good at what and how they compare. Rather than go on when Im not sure anyone cares, I would just like some opinions on whether this could be a better system than just saying "Anderson Silva has 85* striking offense." (*Just a number off the top of my head)

# 83 redsrule @ 07/20/10 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb24
Ok I hope guys are still checking out this thread. I have an idea I would like some feedback on.

Fighter Ratings.

As it stands now they are pretty pointless. I can barely tell the difference between a guy with 75 striking and a guy with 60 striking. On top of that UFC has "updated" fighter ratings; they increased or decreased a point or 2. Nothing at all that makes a difference. This got me thinking. We should just simlify the ratings and get away from this 1-100 crap (not that anyone ever has below a 50).

Heres what I am thinking, give each fighters talents a grade. Either 3 or 5 categories.

World class
Above average
Average
Below average
Poor

It will really allow you to see whos good at what and how they compare. Rather than go on when Im not sure anyone cares, I would just like some opinions on whether this could be a better system than just saying "Anderson Silva has 85* striking offense." (*Just a number off the top of my head)
I like the ratings, but they should actually mean something. When you sim the game Drew Mcfedries has as much as a chance to beat anderson as Chael.
If it comes to stats it should be:
Anderson Silva: 100

# 84 TheShizNo1 @ 07/25/10 01:32 PM
How would i go about deleting the patch from 09, to create some more RL MMA guys?

# 85 sb24 @ 07/25/10 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
How would i go about deleting the patch from 09, to create some more RL MMA guys?
From the dashboard, go to memory and hit Y on your hard drive. It should bring up an option to clear cashe. Thats off the top of my head so specifics may be a little off.

# 86 Nicolas024 @ 07/25/10 08:24 PM
I think the big issue is the omoplata submission puts you on top of opponent and with this patch they put opponent in side control.. This is a special move that not everyone has and is great for people who want to get off the ground or do not like the ground game and for best for takedown spammers. Leave the move as is so you should put it baq to original. Let caf learn sub switch and when max it becomes triple sub switch. Let caf get more level 3 moves and make it less difficult to accomplish. Worry about connection problems and super caf not be able to play online. Make online tournment and career mode ie madden with online franchise... Make a new patch and address these issues asap.. Stop worrying so much about moves and worry about CPU having lower sub and being weaker so when we sub them.. It like every career from 09 I had to get all my wins by ko because if they sub you it is over...Address our issues & concerns rather than what you want because we are ultimately paying and buying the game because you will hurt if we boycott buying ufc game. Let us max our caf how high we want but leave for offline or do overall max for using them online. All you get when you do not give people what they want is them to hack the game or find glitches around things which is worst. Make a move for caf like powerbomb rampage had in 09 when he was in triangle.. Bring that move baq And bring out patch 2 and leave omoplata as it was before Patch, powerbomb move, and leave super caf just make it easier to make match filter so you can stop high caf etc, online tournament And career mode, make move for sub switch and If u max level it become triple sub switch.. Anybody else agree????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.