Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

ESPN Videogames have just posted the full Madden NFL 11 player ratings for the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins.

Quote:
"Welcome to the official "Madden NFL 11" player ratings reveal where everyday, Monday through Thursday, ESPN's Gamer blog will deliver the rosters and ratings for two teams, starting with the AFC East and ending with the defending Super Bowl champs and the NFC South."

Don't forget we have the Top Players at Each Position, right here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/28/10 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Same goes for very young players (1-3 yrs in the league). When you have young players who are still fulfilling their potential, you have to envision what they should be going a year forward. You admitted yourself that he played well in the playoffs. Well the playoffs are the biggest stage. Also, they were his most recent body of work. So that is what EA is going by.
In that case, Matt Moore should be rated 85 or so...he was lights out during his starts last year.

Quote:
Not to mention, lets not forget we get weekly roster updates, so if a player isn't playing well, or playing better, their ratings will change. Thats why it doesn't matter that much what they initially rate players, becuase they change throughout the year on the game of Madden.
This is probably going to sound confrontational (not the intent here) but then why are you up here arguing for 4 pages that Sanchez isn't overrated?

# 42 Marino @ 06/28/10 11:09 PM
Where do I begin?

Henne is better than Sanchez. Sanchez was fortunate to have such a great defense and running game that he didnt need to do much. Especially with him throwing 20 INTs last year.

Bess at a 74? Really? He was Miami's best WR last year, should be at least 3-4 points higher if not more.

I'm sorry but Yeremiah Bell was in the Pro Bowl last year, an 82 is pretty low for a pro bowler.

I do like the love shown towards Starks, guy is a monster.

# 43 krc1130 @ 06/28/10 11:27 PM
Let's just all agree that Matt Cassel is the worst starting QB in the league.

# 44 angels eclipse7 @ 06/28/10 11:31 PM
Who gives a crap if Sanchez was a rookie? If he is going to struggle like a rookie, should he not be rated like a guy who is going to struggle? You basically say "he was a rookie" like he is going to be good although he is not there yet. That is why he should have high potential, but until he starts playing like a starter, he should not be rated like one. I'd rate him a 71 (although I think everyone should be lower than what they are so take that with a grain of salt. I rate Matt Ryan 79.) Oh, and that whole "there hasn't been a quarterback with this kind of potential crap is stupid. Flacco and Ryan who were drafted just one year before both had much more promising rookie years.

# 45 angels eclipse7 @ 06/28/10 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
Let's just all agree that Matt Cassel is the worst starting QB in the league.
I would say as of right now, Josh Freeman is the worst starter in the league, although he has huge upside.

# 46 PlayaHataSupreme @ 06/28/10 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
I see everyone else noticed Henne 79 vs Sanchez 82. I was like WTF????????
Do they watch the Nfl??? Gholston at 75 doesn't make sense. What's he done to get that rating. Ratings really need to be scaled back.
I agree on the Gholston deal.

Something tells me he was one of the players used to bump up the Jets' overall rating to get it to where they wanted it to be. He shouldn't be higher than a 69, if you ask me.

# 47 warrior7807 @ 06/28/10 11:43 PM
Quote:
Not every single player can be based off last years stats, especially when last year could have been an injury plagued season which then that players stats didn't match his true potential, or lifetime stats.

Same goes for very young players (1-3 yrs in the league). When you have young players who are still fulfilling their potential, you have to envision what they should be going a year forward. You admitted yourself that he played well in the playoffs. Well the playoffs are the biggest stage. Also, they were his most recent body of work. So that is what EA is going by.

Not to mention, lets not forget we get weekly roster updates, so if a player isn't playing well, or playing better, their ratings will change. Thats why it doesn't matter that much what they initially rate players, becuase they change throughout the year on the game of Madden.
Again,there should be no crystal ball ratings in madden. You even mentioned the supposed weekly updates, so there is no reason to compensate him for hidden potential until he shows it on the field. no one knows if Sanchez will even be in the league in 2 years (far fetched). fact is, if last season, NY doesnt make the playoffs due to their outstanding D and solid Rush O, Sanchez would be no higher than a 78. He is a product of the ever famous Donny Moore playoff rating boosts. he played will in the playoffs compared to the reg season, but the O was simplified for him and even the jets FO recognized his misfortunes by rarely allowing him to throw over 20 times from roughly mid-season on unless desperation was needed. they did a good job limiting the amount of reads he needed to make as they cut down the field for him to make quicker decisions. if donny moore is rating NFL players, it should be based on their NFL experience(if they have any). Sanchez has a year under his belt, and individually, he struggled. If he put those same exact numbers up as the Browns, Raiders, or even Dolphins QB, he would be in the 70s. Your point about him being a rookie and performing decent and looking into the future doesnt hold much water if compared to other 2nd year QB's initial ratings.

He is not the only Jet that shows an inflated rating due to their success. Gholston is a 75 ovr, Cotchery, B. Smith, Leonard, Jenkins all have laughable overalls and need to be lowered. Why are they rated on a much more biased scale when compared with Langford, Wake, R. Brown, Bess, Hartline and Bell?

It only makes sense that individual ratings are measured on individual success/failures. Even though i dont like him(M.Sanchez) as a player, i agree he has the IT factor, but there is not IT factor rating, He did nothing last season to merit the high rating he recieved.

# 48 Ronnie brown23 @ 06/29/10 12:07 AM
henne is clearly better than sanchez and i have no clue how a guy who can't even see the field is rated above a 50. vernon gholston, a 75?. LOL what a joke the guys who do these ratings are,

# 49 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 12:36 AM
keep in mind that the ratings are not only based on the prior season, but what is projected for this one.

# 50 Equinox831 @ 06/29/10 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salbowski
HAHA... Mark Sanchez is rated higher than Chad Henne.
That seems accurate to me...

# 51 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
keep in mind that the ratings are not only based on the prior season, but what is projected for this one.
so brad smith's69 must be based on what he will do this upcomming season.. i must have missed where donny looked into his crystal ball for that one. i guess MIA fans can expect a 12 TD 14 INT year out of henne again if thats the case.

# 52 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
so brad smith's69 must be based on what he will do this upcomming season.. i must have missed where donny looked into his crystal ball for that one. i guess MIA fans can expect a 12 TD 14 INT year out of henne again if thats the case.
79 isn't all that low in the game anyway. miami fans can expect him, in donny m's opinion to perform closely, but below, Orton, Campbell, Sanchez and Cutler.

brad smith's rating is probably that he physically has the tools, but is just behind better players, or it's too high. can definitively tell.

# 53 Cobra84 @ 06/29/10 12:47 AM
I don't know if Thigpen vs Sanchez is funny or sad.

If they need to overrate player to sim games, then why not give a boost to players that at least somewhat deserve it? Why not drop Sanchez and boost run blocking and Shonn Greene?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
That seems accurate to me...
As accurate as Sanchez.

# 54 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 12:54 AM
Quote:
79 isn't all that low in the game anyway. miami fans can expect him, in donny m's opinion to perform closely, but below, Orton, Campbell, Sanchez and Cutler.

brad smith's rating is probably that he physically has the tools, but is just behind better players, or it's too high. can definitively tell.
so you can explain away MAJOR rating differences on physical tools and how players are going to play in the upcoming season.
so where does last season's stats fall into the ratings decisions? we have roster updates for a reason. it must be a HUGE part of the ratings that goes into what they are expected to do if sanchez puts up his stats and still gets an 82. Henne puts up better stats, and, based on your logic, will put up almost identical numbers even with an improved offense. id like to think that what you say has some bearing on the ratings, but based off of what has been released on both teams, its hard to believe

# 55 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny "Too Tall"
Huh?

How do project what someones accuracy is going to be the next season? Their awareness? That's ridiculous. Greg Camarillo didn't drop a pass last year but we predict his hands will not be as good this season..oh really, based off what?

I love how in life people will say hes talented, hes got great potential, and everyone says "oh yea, prove it". So these guys prove that they can do it and they still get no respect. Gimme a break. This is what we ask out of people. To prove what they say, back up their talk.

What else do you have to back up someones claim to what they say besides what they have done?
umm accuracy, that sounds like completion pct to me but ookay, awr? sounds like progression in the system and knowledge of the game. as far as greg camarillo goes, should he have 99 cth b/c he didn't drop a pass? i would say he didn't really impact a game with those catches since he's a short range possession receiver. i get it though, you maaad.

# 56 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 01:00 AM
Quote:
so you can explain away MAJOR rating differences on physical tools and how players are going to play in the upcoming season.
so where does last season's stats fall into the ratings decisions? we have roster updates for a reason. it must be a HUGE part of the ratings that goes into what they are expected to do if sanchez puts up his stats and still gets an 82. Henne puts up better stats, and, based on your logic, will put up almost identical numbers even with an improved offense. id like to think that what you say has some bearing on the ratings, but based off of what has been released on both teams, its hard to believe
haha alright man. mark sanchez won't be more successful than henne? is that what you want to hear? objectivity is obviously not a strong suit of yours. Donny M thinks Sanchez will be more successful win wise and they'll have similar statistics passing-wise. i don't understand your problem with this.

# 57 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 01:08 AM
Quote:
haha alright man. mark sanchez won't be more successful than henne? is that what you want to hear? objectivity is obviously not a strong suit of yours. Donny M thinks Sanchez will be more successful win wise and they'll have similar statistics passing-wise. i don't understand your problem with this.
read the entire thread and tell me i havent been objective. Im not asking for a boost of Henne, im trying to figure out how many jets players are boosted based on their stats compared to MIA stats (which is what this thread is about). your logic shows that Leonhard will be better than Bell, Hartline and Smith will be similar,and Cotchery will make Bess look like a HS JV WR.
Based on Last season, Henne was better than Sanchez. If you taken the time to read the thread, i said earlier that the best teams should not always have the best overalls. Henne and Sanchez are a prime example. Just because sanchez was on the better team does not mean that he should be rated higher than Henne.

Madden does a piss poor job differentiating TEAM overalls from PLAYER overalls. player overalls should be based on what that player has done individually. It seems like the bearing of the player overalls this year are based on who made the playoffs. the madden team needs to implement a team based rating such as chemistry(stated before) rather than boost individual players who didnt deserve it.

# 58 Cobra84 @ 06/29/10 01:15 AM
Quote:
umm accuracy, that sounds like completion pct to me but ookay, awr? sounds like progression in the system and knowledge of the game. as far as greg camarillo goes, should he have 99 cth b/c he didn't drop a pass? i would say he didn't really impact a game with those catches since he's a short range possession receiver. i get it though, you maaad.
Progression? Henne was the one who looked better at the end of the season without a great defense and running game to prop him up.

Camarillo is medium range. Why not give a player who catches the ball a good catch rating? I expect a LB that didn't miss a tackle to have a high tackle rating.

# 59 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 01:28 AM
Quote:
read the entire thread and tell me i havent been objective. Im not asking for a boost of Henne, im trying to figure out how many jets players are boosted based on their stats compared to MIA stats (which is what this thread is about). your logic shows that Leonhard will be better than Bell, Hartline and Smith will be similar,and Cotchery will make Bess look like a HS JV WR.
Based on Last season, Henne was better than Sanchez. If you taken the time to read the thread, i said earlier that the best teams should not always have the best overalls. Henne and Sanchez are a prime example. Just because sanchez was on the better team does not mean that he should be rated higher than Henne.

Madden does a piss poor job differentiating TEAM overalls from PLAYER overalls. player overalls should be based on what that player has done individually. It seems like the bearing of the player overalls this year are based on who made the playoffs. the madden team needs to implement a team based rating such as chemistry(stated before) rather than boost individual players who didnt deserve it.
cotchery has had 1000 yd seasons. that answers that. leonhard will probably be better than bell, he's on the better D and will perform like the better player, whether or not you think that is true is irrelevant as the production is what madden is attempting to reproduce. if leonhard plays like an 85 because darrelle revis is a 99, then why would he not get an 85 if all the individual ratings are correct? some would argue that a team that wins has talented players. but you're right, i didn't read the whole thread, it's 9 pages! i skimmed the latest. so my b. oh and smith probably should be lower.

# 60 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra84
Progression? Henne was the one who looked better at the end of the season without a great defense and running game to prop him up.

Camarillo is medium range. Why not give a player who catches the ball a good catch rating? I expect a LB that didn't miss a tackle to have a high tackle rating.
a whole offseason, with braylon, jerricho and santonio, combined with their run game... and dustin keller? i think sanchez being higher is fair since he will have the more successful season even if his weapons are stellar. should P. manning have been lowered when he had all those stars on his offensive team?

camarillo made 50 catches for 500 yds. i don't think that warrants any high ratings in any area.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.