Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

ESPN Videogames have just posted the full Madden NFL 11 player ratings for the New York Jets and Miami Dolphins.

Quote:
"Welcome to the official "Madden NFL 11" player ratings reveal where everyday, Monday through Thursday, ESPN's Gamer blog will deliver the rosters and ratings for two teams, starting with the AFC East and ending with the defending Super Bowl champs and the NFC South."

Don't forget we have the Top Players at Each Position, right here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlievN5
cotchery has had 1000 yd seasons. that answers that. leonhard will probably be better than bell, he's on the better D and will perform like the better player, whether or not you think that is true is irrelevant as the production is what madden is attempting to reproduce. if leonhard plays like an 85 because darrelle revis is a 99, then why would he not get an 85 if all the individual ratings are correct? some would argue that a team that wins has talented players. but you're right, i didn't read the whole thread, it's 9 pages! i skimmed the latest. so my b. oh and smith probably should be lower.
Cotchery had that season 3 seasons ago lol. there is no way to argue the fact that 60 yards and 1 TD does not constitute an 11 point difference between the players. the NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately" league. Leonhard may play better than bell, or he may not. Last season he didnt, and the season before as well. In fact, if you researched anything before you respond, youd see that bell has only 8 more games played and 140 more tackles than Leonhard. so who is to assume that Leonhard will be better this season? your revis statement has little to do with anything. he is an amazing player,one of the best, but what does he have to do with leonhards 85 overall? Are you trying to say that because Revis is so good, why not boost leonhard's rating because he doesnt have to do as much to look good in the secondary? that would only be true if there were a true chemistry system madden implements, but they dont. that is madden's problem. i do believe a team that wins has talented players, but not always the most talented, and those talented players shouldn't raise other players individual ratings in Madden.

# 62 Unforgiven @ 06/29/10 02:14 AM
Look guys, I don't agree with the ratings either. Actually, I highly disagree with them. But the debates won't do anything. Let's just let our boys get their deserved rating when they start doing weekly (or monthly..?) ratings. If Henne lights it up, like he should, he'll be up there.

I'm not really concerned with the overall #, I'm more concerned with the attributes that are too high/low.

For instance, Ronnie is slow. He should be 84-85 speed at this point. BUT, he can truck like a mofo, and can stiff arm like anyone out there.

Another example is Vontae's hitting power. Absolutely no way Sean Smith is a harder hitter than Vontae. Vontae is probably up there with Sheldon Brown as far as hitting goes.

Just stuff like that. I know Donny can't get all of those right. Would be tough. That's why I think we should have more than one ratings guy, just so each player has more accurate ratings.

# 63 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDRZA
Oh stop it already. Obviously D. Moore thinks Sanchez is 4 pts. higher than Henne. BIG DEAL. You can cut and slice it any way you want to. It is what it is. You havent given Sanchez one thing i mentioned. You are blinded by stats alone. Well obviously, more than just stats go into a player rating.

Take Gholston as an example. So far, hes done NOTHING on the field. So EA is in a tough spot in regards to rating him because his physical talent is still there. Hes still fast, and very strong. So how do you rate him? You going to lower his overall speed? Agilty? Strength? His physical ratings are very high, but they lowered what they could like awareness etc. His physical ratings are so high that they effect the overall, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

I have been disgusted with him so far, but this year the Jets are moving him from OLB to DE and so far, the reports from camp have been more positive. I'm willing to give him a chance because he's only been here a couple years, and was drafted very high, so i'd like to see what he can do. He's a perfect example of why ratings are tough. Statistically, he's done nothing yet, but is still young and very much a physical specimen.

You keep bringing up the Jets #1 defense and ground game and thats very much true. BUT what is also very much true is Sanchez was not only learning on the fly as a very green rookie, but the Jets didnt exactly have alot of options for him to throw to either. I Love Cotchery, but he is NOT a #1 WR. He was with the Jets. Hes a great possession receiver, but not a #1 wideout. This year, he will have more options with Holmes, LT, and the old cast. Plus he will have a full year AND playoff experience behind him. THAT is what EA rates him on. Get over this already.
Stats are what players are judged on individually. ive said in other posts here that sanchez has what it takes, and i know what you mean about Gholston, he is a rare specimen. Facts are Facts. the only thing we have to base the players off are what they did last season (henne and sanchez) Henne performed better with less, had as bad WRs as the jets, had a top 5 running game, and had a piss poor D. He also had control of more of the playbook, even though it wasn't scripted for his talents(rather Pennington's). Sanchez was green, and limited in the playbook and Rex did a good job giving him one side of the field to work with to make it easier for him. Sanchez had a poor season for a starter. If your going to defend him by continuing to say he was a rookie, then they should rate him as that. If you want to continue to be ignorant to the fact that Henne was better in every way possible that a QB can be measured in, be my guest.

# 64 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 02:26 AM
Quote:
a whole offseason, with braylon, jerricho and santonio, combined with their run game... and dustin keller? i think sanchez being higher is fair since he will have the more successful season even if his weapons are stellar. should P. manning have been lowered when he had all those stars on his offensive team?

camarillo made 50 catches for 500 yds. i don't think that warrants any high ratings in any area.
im sorry but you lose all credibility to your post when you compare Sanchez with a QB who will retire with most, if not all, of the passing records under his name. i agree Sanchez will be better with an offseason with them, he cant get much worse. if that statement is to be said about NY, than a similar one should be said with MIA with the addition of Marshall and the health of Ronnie/Ricky.

Quote:
We get it. You are a Miami fan, and you are mad. You also hate the Jets. Well get used to the fact that the Jets are a very good team, and will be around for awhile. They will be good on Sundays (and monday nights), and be good in Madden too.
i am a mia fan and i stated openly that the jets were the better team and showed it. MIA matches up well with them as shown. Both teams are young and loaded with potential.

# 65 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 02:49 AM
Quote:
Also, based on your ststa from last year only analogy, why should R. Brown be an 89 OVR? Didn't he only rush for 600 and change yds?
i may be wrong, but i dont believe stamina and injury play any role in overall.

Yeah, Gholstons speed alone will inflate his Rating, your right on that. Ronnie was on pace for 1140 yards and 11-13 TD. He was also injured and his overall did go down from last season 3 points i believe from the last update which is what is to be expected with injured players. I am not sure what Jenkin's overall was at the last update, 95 if im not mistaken(not sure)? his ovr in M11 is 94. if he comes back 100% healthy and is effective, than fine, but if his ACL knee isnt the same, i expect him to drop 2 or so points also. Both have low inj ratings.

# 66 rooney8 @ 06/29/10 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
The thing that people forget is that the 2010 season forecast is also factored in to how these ratings are determined. People think that the Jets are gonna be good this year and that in particular Sanchez is going to improve his play, so naturally he might be rated a tad bit higher than if one was doing ratings purely off of last season's performance.
But the Phins got Marshall. One of the best WR in the league. So that just adds to my confusion.

# 67 Fresh Prince @ 06/29/10 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
Vontae Davis is a major snub at 82, I would make him like a 85 bc the kid has major upside. Your off on Allen n Smith. One was a rookie so I give him a pass but they both got burned a ton last year. Cromartie and Leonhard is better then both. Sanchez is higher then Henne bc he was playing very good in the playoffs and playoffs>reg season
You've got to watch more games rather than highlights. Davis was torched far more than Smith. David just made more plays on the ball.

Smith was on lock down mode for a pretty large portion of his rookie season, although he did have a couple of horrible "rookie" performances. He was pretty consistent though, MORE consistent than Davis actually.

# 68 Fresh Prince @ 06/29/10 05:44 AM
Also, the swagger rating makes sense if it's kind of like a momentum boost. It'd make sense for a player that is playing lights out. This could lead to seeing individuals dominate games, which is something that isn't seen often enough in sports games, especially if CPU.

This would work well especially for QB's. FORGET ABOUT RATINGS. Every great player has a bad game or two (vice versa), and hopefully the swagger rating will help that. I'd love to see Brett Favre come out and have a horrible first series, maybe a couple of early turnovers... and just completely lose it trying to do too much even though he's rated in the 90s.

# 69 Ronnie brown23 @ 06/29/10 10:52 AM
it would be hilarious if the jets ended up like the 2006 redskins...

# 70 arsenal123gunners @ 06/29/10 12:09 PM
All swagger does is determine how much and to what extent a player celebrates after a big play

# 71 travon @ 06/29/10 01:20 PM
Quote:
Hi *****! All you have is a big mouth. The Jets are a better team than the Dolphins. They were last year and they showed it by going to the conference championship, and they'll show it again this year. In fact, the Pats will be better than Miami this year. You are at best a 3rd place team. Good luck with your battle for the basement with Buffalo.
While the idea of being one step from the bottom of the division makes me cringe as a dol-fan, i have to admit that there isn't a whole lotta room in the AFC for the Fins, Pats, aaand Jets to make the playoffs.....There are simply too many solid-as-a-rock teams in the conference to rely on Wins/Losses as a barometer of a teams' quality.

I think predictions are tough to make this early in the OFF-SEASON, much less anytime before the half-way mark in the season itself.
What we can do however is look to the past to at least orient ourselves for what to expect for the future, and i distinctly remember the dolphins sweeping the jets last year; henne throwing better, making better reads, and outplaying sanchez in those two games alone, at least; the jets getting a free pass into the playoffs from the colts in week 17, from which they then put together an impressive, if improbable, playoff push; etc.....

It's hard to dispute Henne's 79 rating considering how he played last year as a whole, compared to guys like Brady, Manning(s), Brees; i.e. consistent pro-bowl performers. It's almost too easy to dispute Sanchez's 82 rating, again, in comparison to other quarterbacks from last year....

# 72 Dramaking @ 06/29/10 01:39 PM
iseen a vid on youtube but it got taken down, so this is all i can get. Sorry i skipped the other teams and just copied my favorite.

Cardinals Player Overall Rating + SPD

QB:
M.Leinart - 75, SPD:54 - His 40 is 4.70 same as Tebow and he got 80 speed.
D.Anderson - 67, SPD:56
J.Skelton- 62, SPD:72

RB:
T.Hightower - 79, SPD:84
B.Wells - 82, SPD:89
J.wright - 69, SPD:82
L.S-Howling - 67, SPD:92
N.Broughton - 57, SPD:83

WR:
L.Fitzgerald - 97, SPD:88
S.Breaston - 80, SPD:91
E.Doucet - 78, SPD:86
A.Roberts - 66, SPD:91
O.Jones - 53, SPD:86

TE:
A.Becht - 76, SPD:60
B.Patrick - 70, SPD:72
S.SPach - 69, SPD:69

LT:
L.Brown - 79

LG:
A.Flaneca - 91
R.Hadnot -72

C:
L.Sendlien - 72
B.claxton - 65

RG:
R.Wells - 80
D.Lutui - 76
H.Johnson - 66

RT:
B.Keith - 74
J.Brigdes - 71

LE:
C.Campell - 86
K.Iwebema - 67

RE:
D.Dockett - 94
A.Branch - 65

DT:
D.Williams - 76 - Rookie of the year?
B.Robinson - 72
G.Watson - 68

LOLB:
C.Haggans - 75, SPD:72
C.Brown - 65, SPD:75

MOLB:
G.Hayes - 85, SPD:72
P.Lenon - 72, SPD:77
M.Beisel - 61, SPD:67
A.Highsmith - 62, SPD:76

ROLB:
J.Porter - 86, SPD:78
D.Washington - 69, SPD:85 - come on?
W.Davis - 60, SPD:72

CB:
D.R-Cromartie - 90, SPD:99
G.Toler - 75, SPD:93
M.Adams - 62, SPD:84
T.Mcbride - 62, SPD:86

FS:
K.Rhodes - 88, SPD:83
R.Johnson - 68, SPD:85

SS:
A.Wilson - 96, SPD:85
M.Ware - 62, SPD: 83 - come on?

# 73 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
im sorry but you lose all credibility to your post when you compare Sanchez with a QB who will retire with most, if not all, of the passing records under his name. i agree Sanchez will be better with an offseason with them, he cant get much worse. if that statement is to be said about NY, than a similar one should be said with MIA with the addition of Marshall and the health of Ronnie/Ricky.
marshall < braylon, holmes, keller, and cotchery.

# 74 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 03:52 PM
Quote:
marshall < braylon, holmes, keller, and cotchery.
Marsh the only receiver MIA has? with both teams current offensive players...

Marshall > Holmes
Hartline < Edwards
Bess/Cotchery= push
Camarillo > Smith
Fasano < Keller. Hard to compare being one is a Blocking TE and one is a REC TE. but Keller has the makings to be an elite pass catching TE.

# 75 iBlievN5 @ 06/29/10 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
Marsh the only receiver MIA has? with both teams current offensive players...

Marshall > Holmes
Hartline < Edwards
Bess/Cotchery= push
Camarillo > Smith
Fasano < Keller. Hard to compare being one is a Blocking TE and one is a REC TE. but Keller has the makings to be an elite pass catching TE.
bess is not equal to cotchery. cotchery has had 4 consecutive seasons with 800 yds or more receiving. anyway, holistically the jets have a better core. their top 3 can all start for a plethora of teams, your top 3 can't. only marshall.

# 76 Unforgiven @ 06/29/10 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4reak
How are Bess and Cotchery equal? Bess has had 1 solid season, Cotchery the last 4 years has caught for over 1,000 yards and 950 yards back to back years and over 800 the last two. These years were accomplished as the Jets 1 or 1a receiver.

For what 7 games? Brown is the best back by far in the division but he's getting up there in age and is coming off an ACL tear.
Did you not watch Ricky last season? He was playing amazing for his age until the last few games when he wore down a bit.

Also, Ronnie came off an ACL tear in 2008, he's coming off a Lisfranc (broken foot) injury this time. Could actually effect him more than the ACL did.

# 77 travon @ 06/29/10 07:36 PM
I think the comparison between Bess and Cotchery has more to do with the type of production to expect from them, with their new "franchise" quarterbacks; Henne entering his first offseason as the main man in Miami, and likewise with Sanchez in NY.

Considering their respective skill sets, it's more than possible Bess could fulfill a role, the slot man, that Wes Welker has excelled at in New England's offense up to now. And while the same may be true of Cotchery's ability, i would imagine that his production, not his value as a receiver, would take a hit in NY's offense, with the addition of a better all-around receiver in Holmes.

Hence the push when it comes to comparing the two.

One fits better in the system in place as THE slot receiver, while the other is kind of a third-option read, who has played better when opposite a speedy receiver.....

Expect big numbers from the Dolphins passing game this year; they have more weapons than they are given credit for, which is understandable since they haven't had an above-average QB who can really take advantage of them in aaaawwwwhhhhiiile. LOL

# 78 arsenal123gunners @ 06/29/10 08:44 PM
I just wanted to check how spread out the ratings were with a simple standard deviation.

*For those who don't know, a set of data with all data the same has a standard deviation of 0. So the lower the number, the closer the data is together.

**This is with all player ratings released so far

OVR - 10.76
Speed - 13.66
Accel. - 10.22
Strength - 14.73
Agility - 13.88
Awareness - 15.70
Stamina - 9.08
Toughness - 9.66
Injury -8.30
Swagger - 14.03

Awareness had the highest std.dev., so that means that the awareness ratings were the most spread out. And opposite for Injury, which was the least spread out.

# 79 DaCarver13 @ 06/29/10 10:16 PM
Henne is the real deal.
Sanchez, not yet convinced.

# 80 warrior7807 @ 06/29/10 10:30 PM
Quote:
bess is not equal to cotchery. cotchery has had 4 consecutive seasons with 800 yds or more receiving. anyway, holistically the jets have a better core. their top 3 can all start for a plethora of teams, your top 3 can't. only marshall.
notice how i said in the current offensive players. this Means the QB also. Meaning I am taking what NY;s WR have done with Sanchez and Miami's WR's with Henne. I could have explained that better.That is, after all, what we are comparing. Theres no doubt that Cotchery has had a much better career up to this point, but based on the current offensive systems both teams run, they are more equal than anything else.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.