Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Don't know what "Swagger" is? Check it out here.

If the embedded code doesn't work, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Shawnj86 @ 06/30/10 06:56 PM
Like the celebrations but they name needs to go or be changed

# 22 bigrice25 @ 06/30/10 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
amen man!! I hope NCAA gets this next year

Swagger was banned by the NCAA lol

This is a coo addition though.

# 23 jmo2278 @ 06/30/10 07:02 PM
Woke up in da morning, and turn my swag on!!!

# 24 DrewsLions @ 06/30/10 07:02 PM
You know... I'm all for adding style and substance to the game, but a part of me can't help thinking what could have been fixed or added to franchise or gameplay using the resources it took to add this rating and work on the mo-caps for these new celebrations. Call me a pessimist or whatever, but I think features like this should be icing on a tasty cake... not glazing on a day old donut.

# 25 yoyoyo @ 06/30/10 07:05 PM
Imma create Deion Sanders and give him a 100 swag rating(if its possible)

# 26 Illustrator76 @ 06/30/10 07:10 PM
I don't mind the "swagger" stuff, it does add personality to the players. My only qualm with it is that the "swagger" animations seem to play out too fast, like the players are in warp speed. If EA were to slow the animations down a little bit I think it would look more realistic and add even more personality to the game.

Also, for players like Jared Allen and Chad Johnson, I'd like to see them kind of run off on their own (kind of like, uh oh here it comes) and then do the swagger animation. Especially with the Chad Johnson one, he barely crossed the goal line and then broke out in a quick swagger animation, it just detracts from the realism a bit. The Adrian Peterson swagger animation looked pretty good though.

Not major major stuff, just minor tweaks in my opinion.

# 27 djordan @ 06/30/10 07:54 PM
OK..There is nothing to be "WOWED" about...I've seen celebrations in madden before.This isnt different. Chad Johnson did the riverdance last year also...SMH!

# 28 Rashad19 @ 06/30/10 08:10 PM
I'm amazed they got Chris Johnson's "Choppa City Juke" that accurate. Good stuff EA!

# 29 boooey @ 06/30/10 08:27 PM
i wanna see the Aaron Rodgers hip thrust, lol

# 30 berad88 @ 06/30/10 08:32 PM
At first I thought the swagger rating was just wierd but now I must say I love it and it makes sense. Not everybody celebrates and some people celebrate all the time and some celebrate sometimes.

My only concern with it is how it will work with NCAA draft classes. Not a big deal but something I would like to know.

# 31 sniperhare @ 06/30/10 08:35 PM
I'm just glad it only affects celebrations.

# 32 Bellsprout @ 06/30/10 08:37 PM
Well. That was awesome.

Really love the idea to finally add some personality to the players. And from that little video it looks like it's been implemented well. Can't wait to test it out myself.

# 33 Pacman83 @ 06/30/10 08:44 PM
Looks pretty cool, not a biggie...but the little things are always "neato"--Me Like

# 34 statum71 @ 06/30/10 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
anything that helps bring emotion and personality to the game, I'm all for.
Me too!!!! These guys complaining apparently don't watch football.

Guys just walking away after a big play? I hardly EVER see that in real life.

Thanks EA. I like "swagger."

# 35 jeremym480 @ 06/30/10 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Looks awesome guys I agree! can't wait for august!
Same here! I can't wait to make my "All Swag Team".

Oh and if they have the Merton Hanks chicken dance (or whatever it's called) in the game I might just buy two copies.

# 36 Maelstrom-XIII @ 06/30/10 09:19 PM
Double Trouble's "Matrix" needs to be in. Or I won't buy. (Not really, but seriously guys...put it in there.)

FYI - for those not "in the know" Double Trouble is DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart...the best RB combo in the NFL.

# 37 kennyacid @ 06/30/10 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Same here! I can't wait to make my "All Swag Team".

Oh and if they have the Merton Hanks chicken dance (or whatever it's called) in the game I might just buy two copies.
lol i remember when shaq did it and the next day he had a brace around his neck lol

# 38 countryboy @ 06/30/10 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
lol i remember when shaq did it and the next day he had a brace around his neck lol

# 39 Skyboxer @ 06/30/10 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
that video was a waste of time.
Sorry to here that. I think it was pretty cool....
A little emotion/personality in the game = a good thing.

# 40 Unlucky 13 @ 06/30/10 09:52 PM
Quote:
You know... I'm all for adding style and substance to the game, but a part of me can't help thinking what could have been fixed or added to franchise or gameplay using the resources it took to add this rating and work on the mo-caps for these new celebrations. Call me a pessimist or whatever, but I think features like this should be icing on a tasty cake... not glazing on a day old donut.
I agree. Its like putting $500 hubcaps on a car where the engine is falling apart.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.