Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post

Speaking to CVG in a recent interview, Marketing Manager, Jon Murphy, who's worked on the PES series since 1998, said the new Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 also needs to ensure is doesn't lose any more fans to rival footy games.

Quote:
"That's our strategy, plain and simple. What we now have is a benchmark from EA that we've got to beat, which is fine. It gives us a challenge. But that's not our ultimate aim. Our goal is not only to ensure we don't lose any more fans, but that we win back the hardcore fans. The rest of it - we'll see what happens."

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mo @ 07/02/10 12:41 PM
I think this might be the year I go back to PES.

Online Master Leagues? I'm so there.

# 2 Whitesox @ 07/02/10 12:44 PM
This sounds nice. I'll be there with you guys if we decide to do an online master league.

# 3 KG @ 07/02/10 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miget33
I think this might be the year I go back to PES.

Online Master Leagues? I'm so there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
This sounds nice. I'll be there with you guys if we decide to do an online master league.
The thing that scares me the most is how bad their servers are online.

# 4 Bahnzo @ 07/02/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
That's a good point. As cool as the Online Master League sounds, PES over the years hasn't had the best online play. Hopefully they address this as well.

There are two games that I'm sold on right now, F1 2010 is one, and PES is the other. Gonna be a long summer......

# 5 Whitesox @ 07/02/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
This might be true, haven't played PES in a long, long time.

Regardless, I will be getting it on the PC, so it probably doesn't matter to me.

# 6 LingeringRegime @ 07/02/10 02:28 PM
Sign me up for an OS Master League!!!

# 7 Mos1ted @ 07/02/10 02:59 PM
I wish other sports genres were as competitive as soccer. It's clear that competition is pushing the devs of PES to make the best game possible this year. If onlyl American Football and baseball still had that. END EXCLUSIVE LICENSES!!!

# 8 Bahnzo @ 07/02/10 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeeds
I don't think MLB games have an exclusive licence. The show and the 2k series both have the real players, no ?
In a way they do. Sony can only make a game for the PS3/PSP, so the large Xbox market is left only to 2K. It's not the same as Madden, but still not the best for the consumer in the end.

# 9 Whitesox @ 07/02/10 07:41 PM
2K owns the MLB license, but first party developers are still allowed to use it. If Microsoft or Nintendo wanted to make their own game, they can.

# 10 BrianFifaFan @ 07/02/10 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
This might be true, haven't played PES in a long, long time.

Regardless, I will be getting it on the PC, so it probably doesn't matter to me.
I'll be there on PC with you. We'll have to play. You've gotta try Smoke Patch when he gets it out for '11. Best. mod. ever.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.