Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the OS Youtube channel.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 franzis @ 07/03/10 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
Like what?
As I said before, off-ball movement animations to get open seem brand new (you can see it clearly with pierce and also a glimpse with marvin williams during JJ size-up)

# 82 zrizzle @ 07/03/10 06:39 AM
Most of this video is 2k10. Look at Big Baby's mohawk. Jameer Nelson's shoes. Jeff Teague, Kobe Bryant, Richard Jefferson look EXACTLY the same, along with everybody else. Whoever made this video just added accessories to certain players, and added the Vince Carter dunk. and there are no new contact animations everyones talking about. Just get on 2k10, pump fake and jump into contact, and those exact animations will happen.

# 83 2kfanatic @ 07/03/10 08:57 AM
Nice trailer but I would prefer a wall of text that informs us of what's new and what not but I guess its better than nothing.

So far no "Canned" animations but its a trailer so nothing confirmed yet.

# 84 luda06 @ 07/03/10 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeljordanjr
On defense, if you commit to a movement as the offensive player does a fake then you will naturally lose balance/control of your player. I don't think it's necessarily a canned animation. It's a risk/reward system just like in real life. Don't bite on the fake and you'll maintain control and nothing will "suck" you in.
That's not entirely true. In 2K10, defenders get "sucked in" animations if they are close enough to the offensive player performing an action. If you shoot over a defender that didn't challenge the shot by pressing the corresponding button, they'll still put a hand up.

Or when a player dunks and there just happens to be an unsuspecting defender nearby, he'll get "sucked into" an animation where he's getting "posterized" like Kobe did Dwight Howard or T-Mac and Shawn Bradley.

How about that funky animation in 2k10 (post-patches), when an offensive player commits to a shot in the paint (or near it), and he ends up flailing about as the defender gets sucked into him with his hands up?

I can keep going on and on about scenarios in 2K10 alone, but my problem with the trailer is that I see some of these same animations. If anything, what LeBron just did in the trailer makes me cautious. I pray that they did not bring back the infamous up and under from the three point line crap from 2k9. Not only did that move suck in the defender, but it also had a 75% rate of success regardless of where the player was on the floor.

# 85 youvalss @ 07/03/10 01:32 PM
That's more like a "2K10-post-the-desired-yet-never-created-patch" version. It's just a shame that people are deciding whether or not to buy 2K11 based on that. Oh well...

# 86 Beluba @ 07/03/10 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalsanto0026
No disrepect Mike but I don't understand why you'd intentionally show us a lot of old stuff if you're trying to promote 2K11.

Hopefully that layup animation that Deron Williams does in this video will be removed for 2K11.

I look forward to seeing a video showing more new stuff.
Historically, E3 just isn't the best time to showcase sports games that are months and months away from ship. Also, we have to be mindful that anything we put out there may possibly be stolen by our competition. So it's in our best interest to "hold back" the good stuff til we get closer to release. Don't worry, 2K11 is FAR from 2K10 with new animations. We're excited to talk in detail about all the gameplay improvements we've made. But for now, everyone's just gonna have to hang tight.

# 87 youvalss @ 07/03/10 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Historically, E3 just isn't the best time to showcase sports games that are months and months away from ship. Also, we have to be mindful that anything we put out there may possibly be stolen by our competition. So it's in our best interest to "hold back" the good stuff til we get closer to release. Don't worry, 2K11 is FAR from 2K10 with new animations. We're excited to talk in detail about all the gameplay improvements we've made. But for now, everyone's just gonna have to hang tight.
Historically, that's a fact. Anyway, in a month or 2 probably no one will remember this trailer...

# 88 J_Posse @ 07/03/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Historically, that's a fact. Anyway, in a month or 2 probably no one will remember this trailer...
Yeah, good point. But, it's still sad that people can't realize that this is nothing more than a very early trailer made to whet the appetite. It had some footage that was shown at E3, that big V.C. dunk past Shaq, and people still react like it's recent footage.

# 89 youvalss @ 07/03/10 06:08 PM
You're right. But on the other hand, I'm not sure 2K ever makes an effort to TELL people that it's not even clost to represent their newest product. I'm pretty sure that if no one asked about it, no one would know (other than guys here who know the trick).

# 90 jfsolo @ 07/03/10 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
You're right. But on the other hand, I'm not sure 2K ever makes an effort to TELL people that it's not even clost to represent their newest product. I'm pretty sure that if no one asked about it, no one would know (other than guys here who know the trick).
They know that glooming and dooming by the usual suspects on message boards 3 months out is of no consequence. Anyone who chooses to make up their minds NOW is clinically insane and should be disregarded.

By early October essentially all will be known and people can then decide if the game is to their liking.

# 91 youvalss @ 07/03/10 07:05 PM
I agree. When I'm considering buying a game, I usually watch GAMEPLAY videos of the complete product on youtube. If it's been a while since the game was released, I like to watch walkthrough videos (or team vs team gameplay, if it's a sports title), which show me what the game is like.

# 92 youvalss @ 07/03/10 07:18 PM
This guy makes several good points, though most of them were already mentioned here.

# 93 Phreezy P @ 07/03/10 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Wrong. He said there is not a great deal of new stuff. This would imply that there are some new things in there, just not a whole lot of it.
Same thing.
^and that video is preety true. I hope they delete that layup D-Will did.

# 94 youvalss @ 07/03/10 07:32 PM
Just get rid of Deron's layup and Big Baby's dunk, please!

# 95 qnzballa5 @ 07/03/10 10:02 PM
Hey Mike aka Beluba, quick question out of curiosity. Has the reason as to why you left 2k for ea as to how 2k wouldnt take up a new animation system been fixed? All the ports from the past and just layering new animations on top of old ones was like putting whip cream on top of sh^t. Has that been fixed and the reason why you are able to return and hopefully have the success with 2k11 that youve wanted the game to be?

# 96 blingballa333 @ 07/03/10 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruth12349
then why they got new fake/worst looking jerseys
The jerseys in the video are the same as 2K10.

# 97 WTF @ 07/03/10 10:53 PM
I'm not putting too much into this video... but why does Manu look like he was taken straight outta 2k7?

For some reason, when watching the video, he looks like a low res model. I don't know, maybe it's just me. The VC dunk was nice. Most things are from 2k10, but the new things in there do look nice. Withholding opinion til closer to release.

# 98 23 @ 07/03/10 10:59 PM
If I were you i'd trust what the old vets from this site is saying

They know the whole marketing scheme 2k has used every year in the past.

We might get more earlier this year simply because of a man that played in the #23 but who knows.

WT, I agree on the Manu thing

# 99 23 @ 07/03/10 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzballa5
Hey Mike aka Beluba, quick question out of curiosity. Has the reason as to why you left 2k for ea as to how 2k wouldnt take up a new animation system been fixed? All the ports from the past and just layering new animations on top of old ones was like putting whip cream on top of sh^t. Has that been fixed and the reason why you are able to return and hopefully have the success with 2k11 that youve wanted the game to be?
I can tell you now this will not be answered, nor will your new gameplay questions be answered... so you guys might as well not ask in here.

Its not a QA thread anyway

# 100 qnzballa5 @ 07/03/10 11:37 PM
lol ight good D

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.