Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Stikskillz @ 07/03/10 11:35 PM
Nit picky, but why are players on the sidelines wearing visors in the snow? There are also too many empty seats during the pregame warm-ups and there is a chic wearing shorts in the stands during snowy weather. Seriously? Again, not what I or you see on Sundays....Unfortunately, M11 appears to be the same ole' car with a new paint job. Here's to hoping these oversights were addressed, but I doubt it unfortunately. We shall see...

# 22 Chuckydjr @ 07/04/10 12:39 AM
All of yall complain and complain each year a new madden is about to come out. But yet yall still buy it and play it. If yall really want madden to learn and stop playin us out of our money, then stop buying the game. Force them to start over and completely build a new game from the bottom up. Then we will get the football game we all always wanted. A REAL FOOTBALL GAME.

# 23 PantherBeast_OS @ 07/04/10 12:59 AM
I love the video. I also love the sick sideline catch Chad made in the second quarter. Can't wait for the demo and the final version of the game.

# 24 steelernation28 @ 07/04/10 01:22 AM
If you think it looks like '10 you're not paying attention.

# 25 poopie @ 07/04/10 01:32 AM
i just wish the cpu RB'S would juke and change directions more and QB'S should pump fake sometimes thats whats really missing IMO

# 26 ForeverYoung @ 07/04/10 05:01 AM
Glad to see that they tuned down the defence.
No more fight for every yard, now it's big play all day

# 27 Rostee F @ 07/04/10 09:13 AM
My last Madden was Maden 09, i donīt payed attension for 10 after i played the Demo. So for me all the stuff are big improvements compared to 09. I watched a few Videos and i must say they slowly come close to 2k5 IN SOME POINTS. Glad they cutted the unreal backmoves of QBs and Tron jogging. A major thing i still noticed, late Hits out of bounds will not be charged again..thatīs weak, so see some Holy Diver`s again...

# 28 poopie @ 07/04/10 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostee F
My last Madden was Maden 09, i donīt payed attension for 10 after i played the Demo. So for me all the stuff are big improvements compared to 09. I watched a few Videos and i must say they slowly come close to 2k5 IN SOME POINTS. Glad they cutted the unreal backmoves of QBs and Tron jogging. A major thing i still noticed, late Hits out of bounds will not be charged again..thatīs weak, so see some Holy Diver`s again...
totally agree with u about the late hits y cant they just push them out or slow down when they get close to the sidelines after all these years just doesnt makes sense.i really hope ratings and fatigue matter this year last year not so much

# 29 countryboy @ 07/04/10 09:58 AM
the catch by Ocho was just sick!

# 30 SaintsNATION32 @ 07/04/10 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rostee F
late hits was in M10....It only triggers when u hit stick sum1 late out of bounds....but i agree it needs to be tuned up...i see late hits everywhere.

# 31 kingkilla56 @ 07/04/10 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
the catch by Ocho was just sick!
yup, but after we see it for the 20th time it wont be so sick haha

# 32 bxgoods @ 07/04/10 12:02 PM
Funny how people think 11 looks like only a marginal upgrade over 10.
I thought 10 played like a marginal upgrade over 09 so I skipped it.
But 11 looks like a big upgrade over 09, I'm hoping it plays that way.

# 33 WorldIsYours @ 07/04/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
i will base my decision off of the demo. I like some of the gameplay upgrades the design team incorporated but I am not feeling it. A lot of the same tackle animation as last year, less use of pro-tak etc.

# 34 Rostee F @ 07/04/10 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Why did they scrap the halftime show? I know it needed some work, but damn, instead of trying to improve it, they just trash it, wtf.
I hope they only scratched the Halftime Show on the E3 Version.
But that would be a major disappointment if they don`t have it on the Full Version!

# 35 King Gro23 @ 07/04/10 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
Thats because you skipped M10 man, when you skip games two cycles are huge. Pop in madden 07 & pop in Madden 08 it crazy

# 36 Only1LT @ 07/04/10 03:40 PM
I give the gameplay, based on these videos, a passing grade overall. Definitely see some improvement. Wish there was a lot more. The animations look better, yet still very strange at the same time lol. It's hard to explain, but I will save that for another day and another thread.

Couple of issues though that I will briefly touch on from watching the vids.

1- There was a Pro-tak moment in the first video early on (don't remember the time but I could find it if anyone wants) that was very reminiscent of 10, and that's a bad thing. The same animation where a group of people surround the runner, and the runner keeps driving his legs and all the defenders fall down and the runner, usually goes all the way for a score. Another defender got to him this time before he went the distance, but I really wish that they had removed this from the game. It happened so much in 10 that I could do it at least once every game with Jacobs. I know he's a beast, but come on lol. Even if they turned it down in 11, I think it shouldn't be in there at all. The defense is at an unfair disadvantage as they are helpless to stop it because all tackle attempts by other defenders will be ignored, and they will just fall down, until the animation finishes playing out. Players breaking out of a crowd to score, does happen IRL, but it happens so rarely that I would rather it NEVER happened in the game, EVER, until they can address the fact that canned animations will supersede any of the defenders tackle attempts.

2- When the QB drops back to pass, initially he does a big bounce, and it looks pretty good, but after that he just stands there flat footed. There is the ever so tiniest of bounces, but for the most part, he just stands with his feet rooted to the ground. No QB, dare I say, no athlete, in any sport, stands flat footed. They need to have him more on the balls of his foot and he needs to be in perpetual motion. Much more so than he is now. He should be looking left and right, moving his feet, and bouncing. Now there is no VC, so he really isn't tracking a receiver, but since the game's animation system allows you to throw passes, in the blink of an eye, regardless of what the QB is doing, which direction he's facing, and where the receiver is in relation to him, it shouldn't matter if it just randomly has him look left and right arbitrarily, because you will still be able to pass to where ever you want regardless. This would add a tremendous amount of life, to the QB, which has been rather lifeless.

I am marginally more excited for the game than I was. Don't know if that's because of the small improvements, or just because it's almost Football season and I'm getting the fever. The game does look a little better than 10, and that's probably (unfortunately) all we can really expect.

# 37 BrianFifaFan @ 07/04/10 07:51 PM
Had a big problem with the coaches comments. It was almost as if it was tied into the playcalling by the CPU. When the Bengals get down in the Red Zone after all the Benson runs, the Coach makes a comment about a sack. Maybe I'm getting it backwards, but don't those comments come up before the playcall and help you decide what to call? There was nothing (down and distance, previous calls) that said "pass." I could have bought a play action comment, but about a sack? Seemed really artificial, especially because the CPU called a pass play. Hope that could be tuned, because it seems more like a cheat to help guys who don't really understand football to be able to compete. The coach is supposed to stick to fundimental football strategy. He should've said to go for the run and watch for play-action.

# 38 Skyboxer @ 07/04/10 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Check the Ocho Cinco catch at around 6:00 (2nd qtr.), so sweet!
Yeah Steve that was EPI... er I mean a great catch...
So glad I can look past all the little annoyances because I'm as excited for this Madden as I have ever been for a Madden game. I thank God every day I can enjoy the game for what it is and not constantly look for any bad to offset the good. Couldn't imaging living life that way.

# 39 WorldIsYours @ 07/04/10 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
Why did they scrap the halftime show? I know it needed some work, but damn, instead of trying to improve it, they just trash it, wtf.
It is amazing how instead of making it better they decide to completely scrap it from ever making the game.

I will never understand why this Madden design team does what it does but hey there is always next year.

# 40 HarkTheSound @ 07/05/10 02:19 AM
The ref running basically fast as the players makes me laugh.

With that out of the way, glad to nice Palmer looks like himself out there. Last year his face looked FUBAR haha.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.