Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

ESPN Videogames have released Madden NFL 11 full player ratings for the Pittsburgh Steelers and Cincinnati Bengals.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 at23steelers @ 07/06/10 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
If game winning drives are the barometer for elite-ness, then surely Eli Manning is elite as well, no?
Eli Manning has a better rating than Big Ben, no?

# 42 steelers1 @ 07/06/10 05:23 PM
Wow, these ratings are pretty off in a lot of ways.

First of all, I had mentioned that Big Ben was underrated by not being a top 8 QB, but now that I see where they dropped his ratings, he was completely screwed over... The guy was 5th in the league in completion % while being 2nd in yards per attempt (2nd to Rivers). That means not only was he extremely accurate, but he was throwing the ball down the field, which usually leads to lower comp %. Yet he gets pretty awful accuracy ratings? This is the SAC/MAC/DAC ratings of several of the QBs on the ESPN site.

85/82/76 Roethlisberger
85/78/79 Campbell
87/85/75 Sanchez
88/84/77 Orton
88/84/65 McCoy
89/85/82 Palmer
83/81/64 Levi Brown
87/85/80 Flacco

Campbell is almost identical (64.5% 7.14 YPA last season with 86.4 rating). Sanchez is better rated (53.8% 6.71 YPA, 63 rating... 20 INTs in only 364 passes). Orton is better (62.1% 7.03 YPA). Colt McCoy is better except for his deep ball (never played a down), Palmer is much better(60.5% 6.64 YPA 83.6 rating... had a pretty bad year statistically), LEVI BROWN of the Bills is similar in short and medium accuracy, and Flacco is tons better (63.1% 7.24 YPA 88.9 rating).

Again, Roethlisberger completed 66.6%, 8.55 YPA, and had a 100.5 rating. He also had more yards, more TDs, and less INTs than any of those QBs who played last season. How do these ratings make ANY sense at all? Sure he doesn't have the best deep ball (still around an 80 I'd say), but he is extremely accurate in the short throws and especially the mid range throws.

That's my major problem. Other ones are these:

-Mendy deserves better than a 66 catch rating. At least 70. He took over as 3rd down back because he could catch and block whereas Moore could only catch.

-Dixon deserves better than 84 speed. At least 88.

-Starks is a tad overrated. He is more of an 80 overall at a LT (maybe an 85 on the right side). I think its his awareness (87) that is too high, as well has pass blocking (87). Should be around 82-84 in both categories.

-Hartwig is overrated both in run blocking and pass blocking. He was rated dead last among starting centers last season by profootballfocus.com and was ranked in the bottom 3 in both run and pass blocking. He was a big reason for the lack of a push in the run game and for allowing pressure up the middle.

-I think Kemo should be higher, maybe an 84. He needs to be in the 90s in run blocking and low 80s in pass blocking. He was by far our best interior lineman last season.

-Essex (77) should be worse, and should be about the same as Foster (64). Both should be around 70.

-Harrison deserves a 90+ strength rating

-Woodley also deserves to be upper 80s in strength instead of his 84.

-Harrison's speed is too high (85). Timmons is by far our fastest LB and is rated at 85, which is close enough. Harrison is quick (needs to be 90+ acc), but not that fast.

-Woodley is also too high is speed. He's probably not even 80 is speed, but also had a tremendous burst.

-Our punter Sepulveda totally deserves higher than 66 strength. He benched 225 23 times.

-Hoke (74) and Hood (72) should be rated higher. Hoke is a good 3rd down lineman and should be closer to an 80. Hood played sparingly last season, but showed that he could be a force when he takes over. He should be near a 80 as well.

-Troy isn't the best tackler, but should be closer to 80 than 70.

-And if Willie Gay gets 67 awareness and 62 tackling, then I personally should get at least 90s in both categories. Gay made a name for himself by being out of position, looking lost, and missing tackles last season.

EDIT: I just now read back through the thread and saw a lot of the same arguments I made for Ben. He had a 66.6% and every Steelers fan knows that wasn't from dinking and dunking. We have 'Air Arians' as our OC and just about every Steelers fan will tell you that Ben doesn't like to check it down and dink and dunk. He's a gunslinger.

Also something I missed was Farrior's 88 rating... it's too high. I love the guy, but he has lost a step and is a liability in pass coverage. He should probably be around an 84 with his strengths in experience/awareness and tackling.

# 43 Sav23 @ 07/06/10 05:34 PM
Ben and Timmons are the only ones i see underratted, maybe Aaron Smith could be higher, but he got hurt last year and hes getting old, so its justifiable. But yeah Ben is a top tier QB, whether hes a rapist or not, so they should fix that. Also Mendenhall's got butter fingers, he fumbled so much last year, and Dwyer has ratings close to Hall's so he should be a solid back, in the game at least. I think he'll be a good pick up for the Steelers. Now if we sign Flozell out oline will be decent.

# 44 SubZero97 @ 07/06/10 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sav23
Ben and Timmons are the only ones i see underratted, maybe Aaron Smith could be higher, but he got hurt last year and hes getting old, so its justifiable. But yeah Ben is a top tier QB, whether hes a rapist or not, so they should fix that. Also Mendenhall's got butter fingers, he fumbled so much last year, and Dwyer has ratings close to Hall's so he should be a solid back, in the game at least. I think he'll be a good pick up for the Steelers. Now if we sign Flozell out oline will be decent.
I think Timmons rating is fine. Right now hes all speed and blitz. He didnt really make plays in coverage and wasnt a beast against the run.

but he was fast and could blitz.

Mendy only lost 3 fumbles last year, he did ok. no more than other backs.

# 45 E_Melo85 @ 07/06/10 07:35 PM
Some of the raitings dont make any sense. In 2008 Ben had 17 touchdowns and 15 picks. In madden 10 they give him a 93 overall for his 2008 stats ( later on they based his overall on his 2009 preformence via roster updates) Last season he had 26 touchdowns, 12 picks, over 4 thousand yards, a raiting of 100.5 and his Madden 11 overall is an 88? Ben's Madden 11 overall should be a 96. He was in the top 5 QBs for the 2009 season. His TAS should at least be a 94, TAM should be a 90, TAD should be a 83.

The WR's have reasonable overalls ( Maybe wallace could be a 81 )

Im happy with Mendys speed. Last year i thought they made him too slow. but a 89 is good. Injury should be 72, Catching should be around 71, Spin move should be 91. He uses it the most and always gets around the defender with it.

Chris Kemoeatu's run blocking should be in the 90's. He did a great job blocking for Mendy in the Charges game. Pass blocking could be in the early 80s.

Woodley's overall should be a 93-95. The guy is underrated. He has 29 sacks in 31 starts. Thats amazing. FMV should be in the early 80's
Harrisons overall is good.
Farriors overall is a little bit too high. Should be a 85. AWR should be a 90. PUR should be 83.

Aaron Smith should be in the early 90's. This guy is underrated.

Hood should be in the early 80's. He did pretty good for a rookie last year.

Polamalu is not the best tackler but his TKL should be in the early 80's. AGL should be a 97. AWR should be 94. Catching should be in the late 80's early 90's. That finger tip Pick and one hander against the Titans shows that he should have a late 80's early 90's for catching.

Ryan Clark's Hit power should be a 97.

Either than that i think everything else is good. But our team is by far the most underrated

# 46 angels eclipse7 @ 07/06/10 09:02 PM
Farrior is to high? I thought he was a little low.

# 47 mvbearscb @ 07/11/10 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angels eclipse7
Harrison is a little over rated while Woodley and A. Smith and Farrior are all just slightly under rated.

edit: also I feel like Chad is over rated. Mauluga and Rivers are over rated. Geathers is over rated. D. Jones is under rated. Ndukwe is under rated but that is debatable.
how can yu say all those players from the bengals underrated they all killed it last year, but one thing i noticed is that the bengals roster is missing back up free safety tom nelson,who is under the radar but a real good athlete and they think he's gonna be good

# 48 angels eclipse7 @ 07/12/10 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvbearscb
how can yu say all those players from the bengals underrated they all killed it last year, but one thing i noticed is that the bengals roster is missing back up free safety tom nelson,who is under the radar but a real good athlete and they think he's gonna be good
Look at the stats. Even taking missed games into consideration, Dhani Jones was by far the best linebacker for the Bengals last year.

Ndukwe may not be under rated by much, but I don't think he gets the respect he deserves around the league.

# 49 steelers1 @ 07/12/10 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
And I thought Maroney was the only RB who got called butterfingers for fumbling three times in one season.
Steelers fans are very hard on offensive players. You wouldn't believe the amount of Steelers fans who blame last year's 4th quarter defensive collapses on the offense. We are especially hard on starting QBs, HBs not named Bettis, and WRs not named Ward.

# 50 steelers1 @ 07/12/10 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahThePatsFan
Really? I thought you guys were in love with Roethlisberger :P
There are a lot of fans who are very quick to throw him under the bus after every sack, INT, etc. I think after SB XLIII most of them realized how lucky we were, but there were plenty of people all through that season who seemed to favor Byron Leftwich over Ben. Then there are some of the old school fans who hated that Ben put up big numbers last year. They think if a QB puts up a lot of yards that he's a stat hog and that's all he cares about.

I think there are a lot of fans who have forgotten all the Steelers QBs between Bradshaw and Ben. Not a good bunch.

# 51 kcarr @ 07/13/10 12:53 AM
I really think completion percentage is a terrible way to judge accuracy, there are too many other factors that effect completion percentage than throwing an accurate pass. I think ben's deep accuracy could be a little higher, maybe around an 80 but no higher, but one thing to look at that a little differently and not think it should be too much higher is how ben throws deep.

Usually rather than trying to fit the ball into a tight window like some other qbs he tends to favor holding the ball, extending the pocket, and waiting until the reciever is open. Not that this is a bad thing, just the way he plays, and it plays very well into ben's skill set with his mobility and him being a big guy who is tough to bring down. As long as that is properly shown in the ratings and gameplay I am fine with his accuracy. Afterall by giving the wrs more time to get open you make the throws easier meaning less need for accuracy to complete the same number of passes.

# 52 steelers1 @ 07/13/10 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarr
I really think completion percentage is a terrible way to judge accuracy, there are too many other factors that effect completion percentage than throwing an accurate pass. I think ben's deep accuracy could be a little higher, maybe around an 80 but no higher, but one thing to look at that a little differently and not think it should be too much higher is how ben throws deep.

Usually rather than trying to fit the ball into a tight window like some other qbs he tends to favor holding the ball, extending the pocket, and waiting until the reciever is open. Not that this is a bad thing, just the way he plays, and it plays very well into ben's skill set with his mobility and him being a big guy who is tough to bring down. As long as that is properly shown in the ratings and gameplay I am fine with his accuracy. Afterall by giving the wrs more time to get open you make the throws easier meaning less need for accuracy to complete the same number of passes.
Sure, he holds the ball and that helps some guys get open, but he still has to be accurate. There also plenty of times where he has to fit the ball into a tight window... look at his last throw of Super Bowl XLIII.

Ben has definitely never been one to shy away from throwing into tight spots or into coverage, and he usually winds up with pretty good results.

Even if he did get all his completions from wide open passes and wasn't extremely accurate, it wouldn't explain why his accuracy ratings are almost identical to Mark Sanchez... Big Ben is every bit as accurate as any of the top 10 QBs in the league and the ratings should show that.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.