Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Check out the NBA 2K11 box art, featuring Michael Jordan.

2K Sports Reveals Greatest Cover of All Time for NBAŽ 2K11

NBA 2K11 shows off new, unique art style to pay homage to Michael Jordan

New York, NY - July 7, 2010 - 2K Sports today revealed the official cover art for NBAŽ 2K11 featuring Michael Jordan as the face of this year's iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*. The art style, featuring a highly-stylized, three-panel, iconic image of Jordan, represents a departure from previous NBA 2K titles to reflect the significance of having the greatest player of all time grace the cover.

"We knew as soon as we signed Jordan that we needed to do something special for the cover," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "This could possibly be the most highly anticipated cover art in the history of sports games and we think the image we came up with delivers on every front. I think fans will be pleasantly surprised at how Jordan is actually used in game, as NBA 2K11 will pay homage to ‘His Airness' in many ways, but the cover art represented our first chance to stop and honor him along the way."

"Its exciting to see it all come together," said Michael Jordan, a recent Hall of Fame inductee. "I am looking forward to seeing the final product, but my kids might have to give me some lessons."

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010. To view the cover, please visit www.2ksports.com/nba2k11.

NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K11 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 MessenjahMatt @ 07/07/10 07:35 PM
Went Getty searching and found all the original photos..

Main...
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/88629362
1997 Eastern Conference Semifinals, Game 1

Middle..
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/88761639
1998 Eastern Conference Finals, Game 7

Back...
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/81931524
1997 NBA Finals Game 6

# 62 NINJAK2 @ 07/07/10 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 500bloc
Okay honestly, how many of you would think this was a great cover if anyone other than Jordan was on it?

Say it was Steve Nash, would you really say it was the best cover ever?

I sincerely doubt it.

To me this is no more impressive than the 2K9 cover, which I thought was much better. But I guess its just me.
Obviously..No one considers Nash the G.O.A.T. so having him on the cover would make that line make absolutely no sense.

# 63 Phreezy P @ 07/07/10 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teebone21
looks like one of those new nba live covers . same color scheme and all
IKR real unoriginal

# 64 csfan20 @ 07/07/10 08:35 PM
covers are overrated.......
NBA Elite FTW!!!!!

# 65 XenoZograscope @ 07/07/10 08:49 PM
Im feelin the cover, glad thats out the way now.

# 66 youvalss @ 07/07/10 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
For anyone wondering why MJ is considered the best and Kobe will never be in his airness.

MJ is the only person to lead his team to multiple championships without a dominant big man that would garner double teams. .

Magic- Kareem.
Bird- McHale
Kobe- Shaq/Gasol
West- Chamberlin
Dr J - Moses.
Isiah - Marc Aguire.
You have chips that were won by dominant big men with out great perimeter players.

Olajuwon. Duncan but only one has won it without a dominant big men.

That's why MJ was the greatest.

Until someone wins 7 chips without a dominant big man MJ will always be the greatest.
I agree with most of what you say, but Mark Aguirre was a 6'6" SF. The Pistons won mainly because they might had the best defense ever, in a time when the NBA still allowed teams to play D. Good times...

# 67 jfsolo @ 07/07/10 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csfan20
covers are overrated.......
NBA Elite FTW!!!!!
Really? The new TOS needs to be implemented for the whole site quickly, so that we can get rid of middle school posts like this.

# 68 23 @ 07/07/10 10:00 PM
Its coming and hes not going to ge away with it

Just report it sheesh

# 69 shadio5 @ 07/07/10 11:06 PM
thats just freakin awsome man...im sold, im sold EARLY. i might just buy two of them just so i can keep one for show.

are you kiddin me, it says the greatest of all time on the top. It fits perfectly. i just hope thay give us the 80s jordan with hair as well.

VC/2k sports fan

# 70 youvalss @ 07/07/10 11:46 PM
I'm all for the old-gen consoles (I have an old XBOX and play it), but the PS2 version is ridiculous. It's ridiculous to sell this product, it's not much more than a roster update. 2K8 runied the PS2 version forever.

# 71 Eman5805 @ 07/08/10 01:13 AM
Gangsta. Just gangsta.

# 72 BiggD @ 07/08/10 02:08 AM
Love the cover, possibly best i've ever seen on a nba game

# 73 BiggD @ 07/08/10 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
I agree with most of what you say, but Mark Aguirre was a 6'6" SF. The Pistons won mainly because they might had the best defense ever, in a time when the NBA still allowed teams to play D. Good times...

I agree... The bad boy pistons were the best defensive team EVER.Period

# 74 reptilexcq @ 07/08/10 02:11 AM
When i first saw the cover...i was like..wow!! Amazing...beautiful. Very very stylish...sexy and slick cover. Worst cover is the Garnett...i hate when he did that mouth....

# 75 eye guy @ 07/08/10 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Cover is weak sauce, but will allow it to sell like hotcakes nonetheless.

So it can't be that weak then?

Because it doesn't have all the 'flashy' brushstrokes like Elite/Live doesn't make it weak in any way.

# 76 jordankobewade7 @ 07/08/10 05:27 AM
One of the best things about this game is that now they can include the 2000's all stars.soooo sick to play with everyone in their primes.they def gotta put 15 players on the squad. Afro kobe,tmac,vc,shaq,iverson,duncan,ray allen,paul pierce,kg,chris webber,steve nash,dirk,rasheed,pau gasol,and jkidd would be sick on the squad,just PERFECT!

# 77 jordankobewade7 @ 07/08/10 05:35 AM
And I don't think there's a starting 5 that can beat shaq,duncan,tmac,kobe,iverson if they played right....mostly because everyone in this era built their game on those of past eras,mostly the past era...the games are gonna be close I can tell you that...'90s vs.'00s,can't go wrong whatever you choose...hakeem,barkley,pippen,jordan,and isiah...idk it'll be real fun to go at it

# 78 goheat @ 07/08/10 09:01 AM
Hmm, I don't see the MotionPlus logo on the Wii version. Does that mean they took that functionality away this year? It didn't work very well in NBA 2K10 Wii, but since the PS3 version will have Move functionality, seems strange to me.

# 79 STLRams @ 07/08/10 09:13 AM
Whats funny Ive been using the 2Kshare feature and downloading some classic rosters, had the 96Bulls vs 85Lakers, man I had some great games. This is a must for NBA2K11 to have classic teams, especially the rest of the Jordan era classic teams. Forget that all time 80's90's etc. 2K please give us the 90's Bulls, 90'sKnicks, 90'sPacers, 90's Supersonics, 89Pistons, 91Lakers, etc. Man I can't wait for this game.

# 80 jmood88 @ 07/08/10 09:30 AM
It's really surprising to me how many people want to play with old teams. Of all the things that people like to call gimmicks, having the old players in the game at all always felt like a gimmick to me, and the moment I started playing with any of the old all star teams is usually a sign that I'm about to stop playing that year's NBA game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.