Home
NHL 11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to our Youtube channel.

Game: NHL 11Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 36 - View All
NHL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Flyermania @ 07/09/10 06:46 PM
Looks fantastic...that's all I can say. Hopefully the big checks and broken sticks can be controlled via the sliders/settings.

# 2 TIm @ 07/09/10 09:05 PM
All I can say is I'm pumped for this game... I'm checking everyday for new info LOL! I'm eagerly awaiting if the Winter Classic is in the game.. .

# 3 blinkfan77 @ 07/09/10 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
All I can say is I'm pumped for this game... I'm checking everyday for new info LOL! I'm eagerly awaiting if the Winter Classic is in the game.. .
Don't get your hopes up. It's not going to be. I wish it was.

# 4 TIm @ 07/09/10 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
Don't get your hopes up. It's not going to be. I wish it was.
Have you heard anything yet on the Winter Classic??? I said I'm eagerly awaiting to find out if it made it in or not... Either way I loved NHL 10 and It looks like 11 is going to be a great game.... I would like to see more on the AI tho..

# 5 Gagnon39 @ 07/09/10 11:03 PM
I just crapped my pants.

# 6 wrigleyville33 @ 07/10/10 01:12 AM
Looks great. Can't wait for more info.

# 7 Vikes1 @ 07/10/10 03:09 AM
Cannot wait for this game.

On the night of 9/7, my son and I going to have a NHL '11', gaming extravaganza.

# 8 milesizdead @ 07/10/10 04:30 AM
Looking good, as a Dman I´m loving the new hits
Also thumbs up for the new face-off system!!!

# 9 shadox @ 07/10/10 06:34 AM
THis is sooo exciting!
Sep. can't come soon enough!

# 10 JimmyDeicide @ 07/10/10 12:57 PM
Looks good but does it bother anyone else that in all this real world physics hype that the puck pops up after hitting that stick.
That doesnt look like real world to me it looks like an ea tweak to look cool physics.
Thats not a truly anything can happen moment is it?

I know this is nitpicking but if it is really "real world physics" then their numbers or weight of a stick is off.
Wouldnt it be more likely that the stick would shoot off and the puck stay on the ice or maybe hop/flip a little and come to a stop like a cue ball hitting a pool ball kinda thing.

# 11 Vikes1 @ 07/11/10 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDeicide

I know this is nitpicking but if it is really "real world physics" then their numbers or weight of a stick is off.
Wouldnt it be more likely that the stick would shoot off and the puck stay on the ice or maybe hop/flip a little and come to a stop like a cue ball hitting a pool ball kinda thing.
Yeah Jimmy, that example of the puck flying that high in the air did look exaggerated to me too.

# 12 Lightbringer719 @ 07/11/10 01:45 PM
Looks good. I'm loving all the new hits, and as I've said before, not seeing the same five checking animations has to be a damn good plus.

Though I can't wait to footage of an actual game in play, and not just short snippets of hits and broken sticks.

# 13 SinisterAlex @ 07/11/10 10:41 PM
More info please!!!!! I just hope the hits aren't over the top. I don't want the OTP/EASHL to be NHL 09 all over again.

# 14 plaidchuck @ 07/12/10 11:09 PM
Liked the footage at :22.. looked like the one player lost an edge..

# 15 Russo @ 07/13/10 12:11 AM
yo what happens if you're a defenseman playing without a stick and hand pass in your goalie's crease? Automatic penalty shot?

# 16 onlybygrace @ 07/13/10 12:19 AM
Oshie looks like Oshie...which is a nice surprise.

# 17 JezFranco @ 07/13/10 04:24 AM
Best video yet... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Oh how I like the fact that there are actually shoulder-to-shoulder checks, not that damn cross-check animation we've seen for the last decade.

Hard to say if some of the checks are over the top or not... If they wanna show off some big hits, that's what they're gonna show.

# 18 swil @ 07/13/10 06:54 PM
I agree that the puck overreacts to broken sticks; but would you rather have it not react at all??

Minor issue.

# 19 onlybygrace @ 07/13/10 08:38 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I've seen plenty of collisions and hits in these videos where nobody fell at all. So I'm gonna save myself the stress and trust this game into the hands of the best NHL development team I've ever seen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.