Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

ESPN Videogames have released Madden NFL 11 full player ratings for the Washington Redskins and Dallas Cowboys.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 gscherer21 @ 07/12/10 03:54 PM
i have one thing to say...

canes21, you are the man.

# 22 canes21 @ 07/12/10 04:02 PM
Why?

# 23 angels eclipse7 @ 07/12/10 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
That I can agree with. I was surprised at how well they were rated. I figured they would all be in the 70's, not just Willy. Portis hasn't done much since the first 6 games two seasons ago. Since then he has gotten maybe 400 total yards and has been injured too many times. As for Larry and Parker, I'm not too sure what they have done to deserve their ratings, but I know it isn't too much.

Other than them, I feel some of the players like Doughty, Fletcher, Barnes, McNabb, and Brennan have low ratings for no reason in particular. I don't know what Donny has seen from Colt Brennan to rate him a 59, but I see him as more of a mid 60's. I'd go as far as saying he is just as good as Leinart, but I'm sure Leinart probably has a mid to high 70's.

As for Doughty, I really have no idea why him or Kareem are so low. For how bad our secondary was last year, Doughty stepped it up and really impressed me. Kareem did the same. Outside the fumble in the Saints game, Kareem did nothing wrong in my eyes. I think Doughty deserves around a 75 while Kareem deserves a 70-71.

Then as for Barnes. The guy did okay for when he was in. He never really let anyone get completely open, but he never covered anyone worth mentioning. The problem I have with his rating is how far his speed fell for no reason at all. The guy deserves at least a speed in the 90's.

With McNabb, I don't know why his rating fell so much once he became a Redskin. With the Eagles, he had a lot of success throughout his career. The guy has the lowest Interception per Attempt ratio if I remember correctly. An 89 is still pretty good in this new scale, but wasn't he always 94+ with the Eagles?

And lastly, Fletcher. This guy has always been underrated in Madden and in real life. He only made the Pro Bowl last year for his first time because another player dropped out. He had the second highest tackles last season and has put up the same numbers as Ray Lewis this decade. Ray Lewis always gets a high 90's while Fletcher just broke 90 this year for the first time in Madden I belive. I may be wrong on that, but I think he was an 89 last year and that was the highest he's ever been in Madden.

Maybe I am just a bit biased, but those are what stick out to me the most.
Nice post. I have to say McNabb deserves the 89 though. I think he might have been an 91-92 or something last year and he probably declined slightly last year. Thus the 89.

# 24 rice_n_gravy @ 07/12/10 04:06 PM
McNabb hasnt been high 90's since when we had T.O.

and the only reason Fletchers rating seems low is because he doesnt have elite speed

# 25 DGuinta1 @ 07/12/10 06:25 PM
I think DWare should be rated highter then Jared Allen.

# 26 blklightning @ 07/13/10 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsidestory5
Willie Parker a 95 spd?

Everything I've heard of him, he's definitely not a 95 spd
you don't earn the nickname "fast willie parker" for being slow.

# 27 canes21 @ 07/13/10 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blklightning
you don't earn the nickname "fast willie parker" for being slow.
He earned that nickname during his prime seasons a few years back. Portis, Johnson, and Parker would be the best RB combo in history 5 years ago, but presently they'll most likely combine to have stats just short of one of their best years alone.

# 28 sjackson1983 @ 07/13/10 01:58 AM
living here in DC I see all the redskins games and umm Laron Landry got a 87 rating

# 29 kcarr @ 07/13/10 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
I think DWare should be rated highter then Jared Allen.
Comparing the overall rating of those 2 is like comparing apples and oranges. The overall ratings for defensive ends and for outside linebackers are developed using completely different formulas. If you were to move dware to DE or jared allen to OLB then ware probably would be equal or higher in terms of overall rating. This is a big problem with how madden rates players, every player is rated based ona prototypical version of what they think a player should be for a position rather than what they should do which is use head coaches positional philosophy system. Heck, even the original head coach had a better system in place than what madden currently uses as they had different ratings based on systems but there you couldn't choose the philosophy to customize your system.

# 30 CaliDude916 @ 07/13/10 02:03 AM
McNabb deserves better than an 89. He should be like a 91 or 92.

# 31 gscherer21 @ 07/13/10 02:31 AM
once again to clear things up, when the top quarterback ratings were leaked, mcnabb was still on the eagles. his rating was a 91 or something. and then his rating drops when he gets traded to washington. this happens all the time...

# 32 endersdragon @ 07/13/10 05:46 AM
A couple Cowboys seem to be a bit underranked to me. First Sean Lee should be way higher then a 70. Is he an injury risk, yea. Is he a huge talent and great leader, yes. 70 seems a bit low for what he is, even with that injury risk.

All 3 potential left ends are a bit unrated. Spears may not be great, but he can stop the run quite well, even if he isn't that great at getting around the tackle, but then again, thats not how the Cowboys use him. Then Bowen and Hatcher should both be a bit higher ranked, even if they are largely unknown a lot of Cowboys fans see them challenging Spears this preseason.

Ball and Hamlin both in the 60s? Sorry but when Ball was playing last year, he did what he needed to do, that should at least land him in the mid 70s. Hamlin also looks quite good, though I will grant you he is an unknown.

Choice might be the only back in the league that can average more then 5 YPC and still not land in the 80s. It seems to me they almost rank the RBs based on how many carries they get not how they do with those carries.

Outside that pretty good .

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.