Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

NCAA Football 11 will be available in stores tomorrow, July 13th, and a patch will be available at the same time. Based on feedback from the community on the Demo, and internal testing, we have addressed several issues after the game was sent to Microsoft and Sony. The following changes were made for the July 13th patch:
  • Fixed an exploit where the QB could walk through the defense when the ball is snapped, with a guaranteed a gain of over 50 yards.
  • Tuned QB fumbling on scrambles, resolving an issue where the QB would fumble every time if hit past the line of scrimmage.
  • Improved deep zone coverage assignments, making it significantly more difficult to be beaten by the deep ball. In particular, deep zones have been improved against Streak routes.
  • Tuned QB throwing out of a sack. Previously, it was too easy for a QB to throw the ball while being tackled; this has been toned down to be more accurate.
  • Resolved an error with pursuit angles, which resulted in defenders over pursuing the ball carrier every play. The angle was fixed to be slightly more aggressive, creating a more accurate pursuit.
  • Tuned the read and react assignment for linebackers, especially outside linebackers, before the handoff. This will make it more difficult to run the ball outside the Tackles.
  • Fixed an issue with the CPU ball carrier being stuck in a forward lean animation. Also lowered the frequency of CPU ball carriers leaning.
  • Resolved an issue where AI players in man coverage assignment would swerve when covering particular vertical routes, causing them to be beat repeatedly.
  • Ball carriers will no longer go into a tightrope assignment when running along the sideline. This was causing the player's speed to decrease to 70%.
  • Resolved an issue that was causing tackles to not matchup in online games, potentially causing a crash in online games.
  • Footsliding will no longer occur when the ball carrier has the ball in their left hand.
  • Tuned CPU screen passes so they will get rid of the ball faster, resulting in less sacks.
  • Resolved a crash that occurred if connection is lost before entering a game mode.

Source: NCAA Football 11 Blog

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 09:16 AM
well i hope with the glitches thread we should get a tuner or something done soon.

dirty uniforms-show more dirt
tune fumble issue
fix online, punter and cb lining up incorrect
pa glitch
field goals bouncing of upright resulting in new downs
color of jerseys on bench players
fumbles can't get picked up
tone down aggresiveness of defense
teambuilder teams pregame player to watch
stat overlays
that's all i think of as of right now. its a small list hopefully most of it can be tuned without a wait for a patch

# 122 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringking
Uhhh..The SHOW is at least 2 years ahead of EA football at this point, so don't go there
yea and show had to release a crazy patch after the game came out. it happens

# 123 ODogg @ 07/14/10 09:18 AM
The Show is fantastic but I'll take NCAA 11 over it because I'm more of a college football fan by a mile than I am MLB.

# 124 ODogg @ 07/14/10 09:27 AM
I 100% disagree with "tone down aggressiveness of defense". I distinctly recall 83,000 posts by folks on how you were just sure this year's game would be an offensive score-fest with no defense and the game is actually balanced (IMO anyways) and I see this? Not surprising but still, just goes to show...can't please everyone no matter what kind of game is put out.

# 125 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 09:27 AM
i just saw that in the glitch thread. thanks for the catch

# 126 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 09:30 AM
7-if you play the show like you say you do then you would know they had to release a killer patch this year for the show.

odogg- i mean from the stand point of the constant blitzing. i like how aggressive they play, but blitzing almost every down puts them at a disadvantage

# 127 ODogg @ 07/14/10 09:39 AM
I've got 15 games under my belt and I've not noticed they blitz on every down. They do blitz a lot but then if you play real humans they do as well. I think the goal that EA is workign toward is simulating playing a human and if so, then it's where it needs to be.

# 128 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 09:44 AM
i'm not skirting any issue. i'm just making a statement that all games no matter how great has issues. I understand what your saying as far how their football games over the years has shown no realism or proven to be worth it. my point is we have a very good football game that still has some issue, but that has become the norm with all games especially sport games.

You don't have the game currently so i just feel it maybe hard for you to make these comments without actually playing the game. this isn't the same game from the demo, nor you really can't get a real feel of the game in the demo. this game is plays pretty much how a football game should. There are always more that should be added such as all penalties, increase roster size, halftime show, coaching carousel and etc. but its not in the game currently therefore there is no need to harp on it. We just have to play with what we current have in NCAA 11 which is a good game. Take it easy dog.

# 129 Skyboxer @ 07/14/10 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I 100% disagree with "tone down aggressiveness of defense". I distinctly recall 83,000 posts by folks on how you were just sure this year's game would be an offensive score-fest with no defense and the game is actually balanced (IMO anyways) and I see this? Not surprising but still, just goes to show...can't please everyone no matter what kind of game is put out.
Yep there were many post like "Uh oh... looks like it's going to be a score fest!!"

# 130 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 09:48 AM
Quote:
I've got 15 games under my belt and I've not noticed they blitz on every down. They do blitz a lot but then if you play real humans they do as well. I think the goal that EA is workign toward is simulating playing a human and if so, then it's where it needs to be.
maybe its just the teams i play then i just feel like i'm constantly being blitzed. anyway the game is still good . what i do like is even though they do blitz alot i like they start putting 8 in box or shifting to your most successful side.

# 131 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep there were many post like "Uh oh... looks like it's going to be a score fest!!"
i never really minded score fest games, but in this game even the cpu will run up the score which is cool.

# 132 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringking
what do you mean "like you say"..of course i am aware of tha..are you aware that half handedly calling me a fibber is uncouth?t...don't skirt the issue..This is not the Show..stick to the matter at hand and stop trying to keep your stock options with EA from dipping!!!...HaHA!I 've got you!YOu are an EA shareholder who is afraid of losing his mortgage!!I knew it!...HaHA!
man i wish i had options to have stock.

# 133 LambertandHam @ 07/14/10 10:03 AM
EA support is clueless or doesn't have the power to do anything, just got done having someone tell me to clear my cache ten times and see if it works

Glen: I would like to inform you that the patch will be released very soon for fix this problem I would like to suggest you to please post your issue on our official forum sit.

# 134 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 10:09 AM
what to you tell them what issue ?

# 135 LambertandHam @ 07/14/10 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
what to you tell them what issue ?
Told Glen about the list you put up.

well i hope with the glitches thread we should get a tuner or something done soon.

tune fumble issue
pa glitch
stat overlays
single sleeves appear during games

Hope you don't mind I just copy and pasted it to him with a little bit of explaining.

# 136 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/14/10 10:11 AM
Quote:
I agree with this. The only problem I have with the cpu blitzing is when they blitz both corners. That never happens IRL. If they do bring a corner on blitz they should never bring both at the same time. Other than that, I don't have a problem with them bringing some pressure. That's how it is when you play a human.

# 137 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
Told Glen about the list you put up.

tune fumble issue
pa glitch
stat overlays
single sleeves appear during games

Hope you don't mind I just copy and pasted it to him with a little bit of explaining.
oh i don't care aint like i got some type of copyright on it. if i didn't do it someone else would.

# 138 Hova57 @ 07/14/10 10:23 AM
hey odogg did you do anything else to sliders other than pass blocking and pass rush. i did what you said you did and i liked it . just wondering anything else. i did knock my speed differential down to 45 like i did in madden 10 . oh also very geeked to see sub sliders work this year.

# 139 TechnOmaha @ 07/14/10 11:33 AM
game could use yet another patch, every time I try a play action screen the QB just takes off towards my endzone and keeps going! Also is anyone else noticing "Heisman" difficulty gives the CPU goliath strength on the D-Line, I'll have a jumbo set vs a Nickel 3-3-5 and the front three breeze past, yet I can't even "engage eight" because everybody is blocked, pass defense is great but CPU could have a little less "god-like" power

# 140 ODogg @ 07/14/10 11:39 AM
DirtyJerz32 - but the dual CB blitz is a play accessible to humans, so aren't you in fact saying then that you have issue with that specific play more than the cpu's aggressiveness? As for that playing being realistic, I can't recall seeing it in my college football watching days but I think it is a real play.

Hova57 - actually I have done nothign with sliders. I know i gave you some suggestions but I'm waiting a little longer until i have more games to get into that. I do plan to knock my speed differential down though for sure as you did.

TechnOmaha - that bug is well known, are you relatively new here, because that thing has been beaten to death by folks who have had the game since July 7th. EA is aware and it will be in the next patch.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.