Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Fedor_52 @ 07/17/10 03:59 AM
i think EA did this on purpose, get all the attention on the bad commentary, so people get distracted from the boring gameplay.

# 42 taqiyya @ 07/17/10 08:06 AM
Ehh I picked up Ncaa 11 and I am having a blast. I will make that my football game this year. I might skip madden this year.

# 43 SuperNoVa27 @ 07/17/10 08:27 AM
I like the commentary but in all honesty I usually commentate for myself. I think EA needs to stream the lines closer together even overlap them if nessicary so it can have a lifelike feel to it also the sound delay is probably an issue on youtube or gamestops part (atleast I would hope)

# 44 Mike Smoove @ 07/17/10 08:42 AM
Commentary sounds way better but the delay hurts it.

# 45 guaps @ 07/17/10 09:32 AM
I'm waiting to get my hands on the demo so I can try the game myself.

However, from what I've seen so far, there has been way too many broken/missed tackles - ball carriers appear to be very slippery. Also the dual stick controls seems to be too powerful - in the PS3 video Greene's juke on the first possession affects both safeties allowing for a long run. The strong safety misses Greene completely due to a super juke animation, and the free safety had a little siesta while Greene juked. In the Xbox 360 video it's the same, Edwards has a spin move that leaves two defenders useless. A cornerback caught in an animation and a free safety that doesn't pursue until after the spin move.

I seems like the CPU has to wait for the dual stick move/animation to finish before reassessing what to do.

# 46 Only1LT @ 07/17/10 10:31 AM
On the plus side, the juke that Greene did looked pretty good. It looked like he actually cut the defender up as opposed to that lame canned animation where you juke the defender and the defender falls down. It wasn't great, but much more authentic than what was in 10.

On the negative side, the call from Gus on the INT was way late. And did he call Leonhard, Lester lmao? What was that?

# 47 Only1LT @ 07/17/10 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bp2 Triz
does anyone else hate gameflow? i think its turrble and ill turn it off when i get the game
I don't hate it, but I will not use it. I'll use it for the first game just to see how the OC in the ear sounds, but after that it's back to calling my own plays.

I will be taking full advantage of Gameplan though. I think that was a good idea that they had. Gameflow? It's ok, but I don't need any help calling plays, thanks.

# 48 TDKing @ 07/17/10 01:22 PM
Isn't the demo supposed to make you want to buy the game? Why put out a crappy demo? I'll be interested in this years sales figures

# 49 Dog @ 07/17/10 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Is Cris Collingsworth friends with Michael Irving?
who is michael irving?????

jk i know who you mean dont hurt me

# 50 Dog @ 07/17/10 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taqiyya
Ehh I picked up Ncaa 11 and I am having a blast. I will make that my football game this year. I might skip madden this year.
i have been hearing that alot around here.. very surprising

# 51 WorldIsYours @ 07/17/10 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Gus Johnson sounds much better, but there seems to be a slight delay still in action vs verbiage.
if anything Gus sounds worse than he did at E3.

# 52 roadman @ 07/17/10 02:19 PM
I'll tell everyone why Gus sounded better to me.

It's the first time I've heard him clear like that since E3. To me, Gus sounded way too low for me to pick up at E3 because of all the background noise.

I'll go with the majority rules on this one.

# 53 rangerrick012 @ 07/17/10 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Isn't the demo supposed to make you want to buy the game? Why put out a half azzed crappy demo? I'll be interested in this years sales figures
I agree, I don't see much sense in putting out a demo that could potentially turn off so many people. Commentary is an important part of the game, and putting out a demo that gives off the impression of bad commentary isn't too smart of a decision IMO.

# 54 RUFFNREADY @ 07/17/10 03:35 PM
IMO, i feel EASports has rushed out NCAA11 and Madden11; to give them more TIME in developing Madden12, which should be the BEST football game ever (to date), as they introduce 'real-time physics' into the their football genre. I am seeing first hand how many bugs and glitches the game (NCAA11) came with right out of the box; and that is too many for a game that is going to cost me $60-($70cdn). If they say it takes almost 1.5-2yrs to develop a new game engine; then i can see why the NCAA11 is soo flawed. You have to wonder, "Where is the Q&A TESTING team? or do they even use one anymore? Developers and their teams are under a lot of pressure every year to pump out a buyable product, and i don't mean great product either, and that is what we are seeing, more and more of every year. There are soo many things that should come already in the box, prior to opening, and yet we still have to pay for these features thru DLC. As more people start to see that DLC is the biggest CASH grab, and begin to avoid paying for something that should already be there, imo, DLC will be the achilles heel for the videogaming industry. "Mircotransactions - what a load of crap.." by the way Madden11 is done and ready tobe pressed and shipped; so anything that they didn't get into game now is coming in the form of: an Update; a Patch ; or yours and mine favorite, DLC.

# 55 die2cry @ 07/17/10 06:04 PM
can you stop it with all times to complain constantly, my goodness it makes it all better, better than you played not even the full version, let alone the demo! and if it bothers you so, and it will not deal with it and wasting your time! besides, I do not think the gus would give something like dignity! but from simply waiting until the game is out, and then give away your opinion, without knowing the correct fackten!
I can not wait that the game is finally out there, and I wait here in Europe still needs a little longer than you guys

# 56 Step2001 @ 07/18/10 12:12 PM
Wow - what a delay!

"He's looking to turn the corner" (Gameplay: He already turned the corner and has a first down and more)

"Can he get there" (Gameplay: The RB is getting tackled/knocked out of bounds about 30-50 yards down field)

# 57 sportyguyfl31 @ 07/19/10 08:45 AM
Eh. That did nothing for me, either way/

Gameflow is horribly annoying.

# 58 Only1LT @ 07/19/10 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
IMO, i feel EASports has rushed out NCAA11 and Madden11; to give them more TIME in developing Madden12, which should be the BEST football game ever (to date), as they introduce 'real-time physics' into the their football genre. I am seeing first hand how many bugs and glitches the game (NCAA11) came with right out of the box; and that is too many for a game that is going to cost me $60-($70cdn). If they say it takes almost 1.5-2yrs to develop a new game engine; then i can see why the NCAA11 is soo flawed. You have to wonder, "Where is the Q&A TESTING team? or do they even use one anymore? Developers and their teams are under a lot of pressure every year to pump out a buyable product, and i don't mean great product either, and that is what we are seeing, more and more of every year. There are soo many things that should come already in the box, prior to opening, and yet we still have to pay for these features thru DLC. As more people start to see that DLC is the biggest CASH grab, and begin to avoid paying for something that should already be there, imo, DLC will be the achilles heel for the videogaming industry. "Mircotransactions - what a load of crap.." by the way Madden11 is done and ready tobe pressed and shipped; so anything that they didn't get into game now is coming in the form of: an Update; a Patch ; or yours and mine favorite, DLC.

Link please lol.

I know it's easy to think that because it's in Elite and NHL that it has to be in Madden next year, but here's the thing. It does not HAVE to be in next year. It is quite possible that it won't be in Madden 12.

This is wishful thinking at this point.

# 59 KidFlashy @ 07/20/10 06:39 PM
Graphics look nice I will try the demo before judging cause so far not looking so hot to me. I know its a EA sports game but the run system looks exactly like NCAA Football 11. Like this year of sports is lame old school sports is better then this stuff there are putting in sports.

# 60 robbins @ 07/21/10 06:21 PM
The Coordinator thing is REALLY dumb, I can't imagine anyone wanting or using that.

I will reserve judgment on the commentary until I play the demo but it did not sound good in that demo.

Most importantly, the atmosphere did not look great to me. The stadium is silent, you could hear a pin drop when they come to the line of scrimmage and the crowd didn't get very loud after that long run. If the atmosphere is not fixed this game will suck.

I wish they could bring Al Michaels and John Madden back. They were the best announcing team ever. At the very least, bring Michaels back and pair him with Collinsworth and GET SOME ATMOSPHERE!

In the NFL when good things happen the crowd gets LOUD.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.