Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

According to Dan Rovell, NBA 2K11 will feature 10 different versions of Michael Jordan.

Quote:
"The games that fans can play with different versions of Jordan include all of the following: April 20, 1986 (Game 2 of the 1st round of the playoffs against the Celtics when Jordan scored 63), March 28, 1990 (regular season game against the Cavs when Jordan scored 69), June 3, 1992 (Game 1 of the first round of the playoffs versus the Trail Blazers when Jordan scored 35 in the first half), March 18, 1995 (Jordan returns to the game and scores 55 against the Knicks), June 11, 1997 (the famous Jordan "flu game") and June 14,1998 (the day of his last game in a Bulls uniform as his last second shot gives the Bulls its sixth title under his reign).

In each game, gamers are charged with different goals, including matching Jordan's point totals and shooting percentage. If you hit six three pointers in a row like Jordan did against the Trail Blazers in 1992, the virtual Jordan will shrug just like he did in real life on that night. Two of the 10 challenges don't have specific dates tied to it. You can play the 1991 Finals version of Jordan as well as play a game in 1990 style vs. Dominique Wilkins and the Atlanta Hawks, where gamers are challenged with holding Wilkins to 25 points or fewer.

The most challenging version of Jordan to play with likely will be the "flu game," where Jordan scored 38 points against the Jazz in what Phil Jackson would say after the game was the greatest game Jordan played."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 J_Posse @ 07/22/10 10:33 AM
^^^

He's rocking the Air Jordan XII in black/white colorway. And, they look better than any of the shoes in 2K10, IMO.

Oh, and I can't wait to see skin-*** Jordan from 1986. That should be the version with a 98 or 99 dunk rating.

# 22 kpax1º1 @ 07/22/10 10:44 AM
Brb need to wash my face to see if this is true... Awesome.

# 23 ybtherockstar @ 07/22/10 11:00 AM
10 different version is incredible. Excellent news bigger than i thought.

# 24 Furq @ 07/22/10 11:01 AM
Wonder if you can only play as Jordan in these situation modes though or if he or the bulls can be used in exhibition.

Also want to know if you can play as the opposing team if you wanted

# 25 jeebs9 @ 07/22/10 11:12 AM
I can believe people are down playing this releases....lol...So negative...its sad...

I thought I was buying 3 copies...seems like I might be buying 5 now...lol

# 26 RIZDRAVER @ 07/22/10 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I can believe people are down playing this releases....lol...So negative...its sad...

Yeah, this is no big deal, actually kind of a let down. They need to talk about the stuff that REALLY matters: like getting Lebron's headband right.

# 27 arsenal123gunners @ 07/22/10 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZDRAVER
Yeah, this is no big deal, actually kind of a let down. They need to talk about the stuff that REALLY matters: like getting Lebron's headband right.
Would you rather play with 10 different versions of Michael Jordan, or have a correct headband for LeBron? Let's get our priorities straight

# 28 RIZDRAVER @ 07/22/10 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal123gunners
Would you rather play with 10 different versions of Michael Jordan, or have a correct headband for LeBron? Let's get our priorities straight
Was being sarcastic. But with the negative posts on the 2K board I can see how it would be confusing. Sadly.

# 29 cjallure24 @ 07/22/10 11:46 AM
I'm switching over to the PC this year for NBA 2K11 and I can see how this wouldn't be huge news. Since guys can mod players to there liking, along with courts and accesories. If I was going to buy this for a console, then this is great news.

# 30 MarvellousOne @ 07/22/10 11:52 AM
It's kind of funny because I had a feeling months ago that they would make a game mode that was strictly about MJ in some type of challenge mode. Nice addition here, not quite groundbreaking but a good start for things to come.

# 31 eko718 @ 07/22/10 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9

Complaining is habitual for some people. I bet they all buy it though.

# 32 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:31 PM
That may be the biggest sports title 2K has ever created.

Quote:
If you hit six three pointers in a row like Jordan did against the Trail Blazers in 1992, the virtual Jordan will shrug just like he did in real life on that night.
I'm not sure he hit 6 straight (don't remember), but WOW! That's AWESOME!

# 33 jd@os @ 07/22/10 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
That may be the biggest sports title 2K has ever created.

I'm not sure he hit 6 straight (don't remember), but WOW! That's AWESOME!
Yes--it was 6 straight.

# 34 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
Yes--it was 6 straight.
And after that, if we miss 3 straight, is MJ gonna kick our screen?

# 35 Ermolli @ 07/22/10 12:45 PM
Great news. 10 different Jordans

# 36 VDusen04 @ 07/22/10 12:45 PM
For the record, this is some of the coolest news I've ever heard regarding a basketball video game. I'm a lifelong Pistons fan, but I can't deny how fun it sounds to recreate all those Jordan moments and teams. Surely, there's all sorts of questions (How editable will be the generic players on Jordan's teams be? Will there be any other retro teams? Will the only other retro teams be Jordan's opposing squads from the challenges? Will the classic teams be usable in exibitions?) but even with all those things lingering, it still sounds incredible.

I'm super pumped they began to make these additions. My feeling is, with such a rich NBA history that so many basketball and video gamers hold dearly, I have to think adding this mode and continuing to flesh it out in the years to come is going to draw in a lot of other folk to 2K, and for good reason. It's a win-win-win all around.

# 37 youvalss @ 07/22/10 12:47 PM
Yeah, I do hope to see a calssic Bulls-Pistons game. And what about a Bulls-Knicks game?

# 38 VDusen04 @ 07/22/10 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Yeah, I do hope to see a calssic Bulls-Pistons game. And what about a Bulls-Knicks game?
I know a classic Prime Jordan grind-it-out game against the Knicks might be sweet, but I thought I read or just assumed that the inclusion of a '94-'95 MJ probably meant his 55 point "Double Nickel" game against New York at MSG would be included (when he was still wearing 45).

# 39 jd@os @ 07/22/10 12:55 PM
Boy I loved those Bulls vs Pistons games. Although I hated the Pistons because I was a huge MJ fan, I had MAD respect for Isaiah Thomas. That dude could flat out BALL.

I would love to be at the top of the key with virtual MJ and drive the lane, only to have the Piston defense read and collapse and on Jordan.

# 40 Weeks @ 07/22/10 12:55 PM
sounds awesome. Messenjahmatt will have to think of new stuff now that the average person can recreate 8 moments. and have 2 just made up ('91 finals, hold nique under 25)

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.