Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Don’t Just Play as Mike, Become Him in NBA® 2K11

2K Sports today revealed The Jordan Challenge, a new game mode for the latest iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*, NBA® 2K11. This new mode will allow players to relive 10 different legendary games from Michael Jordan’s illustrious career and challenge them to replicate what he did on the court in NBA 2K11.

“Fans of the series are going to be thrilled to know that in NBA 2K11 Michael Jordan is much, much more than just a cover athlete,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We’re excited to start talking about the ways that Michael will be used in the game and there’s still a lot more to come.”

While playing The Jordan Challenge, fans can try to stun the world in Jordan’s self-described greatest game by torching the Cavaliers by 69 points in March of 1990; attempt to battle back from the flu to defeat the Jazz in Game 6 of the 1997 finals; or leave the world wanting more as they relive one of Jordan’s finest performances during his last game as a Chicago Bull on June 14, 1998. In addition to The Jordan Challenge mode, gamers will have the unique opportunity to play as some of the greatest teams in NBA history, including the ‘85-’86, ’89-’90, ’90-’91, ’94-’95, ’95-’96, ’96-’97, and ’97-’98 Chicago Bulls.

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010. For more information, please visit www.2ksports.com/nba2k11.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 thedude213 @ 07/22/10 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be2wNrW2rGg

I wish they had Jordan in the shorter shorts like in real life. This mod has the 1992 rosters and era-specific uniforms.

# 102 youvalss @ 07/22/10 07:37 PM
I'm expecting to get to 9,000 posts until 2K11 is released

# 103 ODogg @ 07/22/10 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude213
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be2wNrW2rGg

I wish they had Jordan in the shorter shorts like in real life. This mod has the 1992 rosters and era-specific uniforms.
They already said they will have the clothes appear accurate to the era.

# 104 thedude213 @ 07/22/10 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They already said they will have the clothes appear accurate to the era.
I haven't been following 2k11 that closely, but I'm excited to see this.

# 105 King Gro23 @ 07/22/10 08:41 PM
Wow 2k wow, I think someone said something like this in the big news thread. This is a big & fun addition to the game.

# 106 bearschicago @ 07/22/10 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
This is a great idea, post it in the wishlist thread, if its not in this year. Definitley needs to be in next year.

I'm hyped for this years game. Since this is only the tip of the Iceburg.
Don't worry. I already posted this in my wishlist a long time ago: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...shlist-54.html Post #539 and #540

I also made a thread about lead pass/off-ball defense: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...realistic.html

Beluba(Mike Wang) said on this forum that he himself took a look at my wishlist. So I really expect great things from 2K in the gameplay department. I have no worries. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
Sorry. It's too early to disclose info. Once we get closer to ship I'll be happy to share more details on what you can expect for 2K11. We have read your wishlist though and are incorporating your feedback the best we can.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...twitter-5.html Post #42

# 107 GaryT531 @ 07/22/10 10:51 PM
I'd really like to see something from 93 that includes that really good Phoenix Suns team Chicago beat in the finals that year, although nothing was mentioned about 93 in the article.

Nonetheless, I'm still amazed that classic teams are finally in the game! this is great news, and already more than I expected.

# 108 eye guy @ 07/23/10 01:08 AM
Someone said something about the chewing gum being added...

I honestly thought that chewing was already in the game. If you didn't already know, some players lick their lips at the free-throw line, lmao...

# 109 eDotd @ 07/23/10 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
I honestly thought that chewing was already in the game.
It was/is. Only certain guys do it though.

# 110 23 @ 07/23/10 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice

Don’t Just Play as Mike, Become Him in NBA® 2K11

2K Sports today revealed The Jordan Challenge, a new game mode for the latest iteration of the top rated and top selling basketball simulation franchise*, NBA® 2K11. This new mode will allow players to relive 10 different legendary games from Michael Jordan’s illustrious career and challenge them to replicate what he did on the court in NBA 2K11.

“Fans of the series are going to be thrilled to know that in NBA 2K11 Michael Jordan is much, much more than just a cover athlete,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We’re excited to start talking about the ways that Michael will be used in the game and there’s still a lot more to come.”

While playing The Jordan Challenge, fans can try to stun the world in Jordan’s self-described greatest game by torching the Cavaliers by 69 points in March of 1990; attempt to battle back from the flu to defeat the Jazz in Game 6 of the 1997 finals; or leave the world wanting more as they relive one of Jordan’s finest performances during his last game as a Chicago Bull on June 14, 1998. In addition to The Jordan Challenge mode, gamers will have the unique opportunity to play as some of the greatest teams in NBA history, including the ‘85-’86, ’89-’90, ’90-’91, ’94-’95, ’95-’96, ’96-’97, and ’97-’98 Chicago Bulls.

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010. For more information, please visit www.2ksports.com/nba2k11.
Come on 2k

Lets get MJs leg sleeve in the game. You guys never had it in there before

# 111 Shakedowncapo @ 07/23/10 02:08 AM
Dre, Im guessing they aren't done with accessories(like the player models) so I'll give them a pass on that..

This is what they should be aiming for:

# 112 23 @ 07/23/10 02:12 AM
Thats my pic

Hope those MJs are in the game!

# 113 Raven Nation42 @ 07/23/10 02:35 AM
Again very excited about this year's game. Agree with an earlier post that it would have been nice to see Jordan kick out his legs a little more but understand that it's still early development. Here's hoping that all of his shoes will be included especially the original red/black and the road version red /white /black of the Air Jordan I

# 114 23 @ 07/23/10 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Nation42
Again very excited about this year's game. Agree with an earlier post that it would have been nice to see Jordan kick out his legs a little more but understand that it's still early development. Here's hoping that all of his shoes will be included especially the original red/black and the road version red /white /black of the Air Jordan I
Yeah he kind of scissor kicks on that dunk

I liked the video though

also 98 Mike didnt do that dunk, the young one did

# 115 texbuk84 @ 07/23/10 03:24 AM
"Playing NBA 2k for 2 days straight 50 dollars a game trynah polish my game" in the wise words of rapper Nature

Can't Wait!!

# 116 Behindshadows @ 07/23/10 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah he kind of scissor kicks on that dunk

I liked the video though

also 98 Mike didnt do that dunk, the young one did
They need more skin details and sculpture to his face....here are 3 images I took of the PC version of 2k10...They should be reaching to this level.

CLICK TO ENLARGE TO HD VERSIONS!

# 117 STLRams @ 07/23/10 08:25 AM
I guess I should thank guys like Messjah Matt for making those Jordan videos the past couple of years. Maybe that's what got 2K's interest or attention to finally put him in the game. I can't wait to see what kind of videos he makes in NBA2K11.

# 118 dman1224 @ 07/23/10 10:22 AM
The only thing I dont like is the same old horrible net animation.

# 119 Lawless66007 @ 07/23/10 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
This has come up a couple of times, so let me clear the AIR (no pun intended):

If NBA 2K11 has MJ's 69 point regular season game against Cleveland, that is NOT the game where he hit "The Shot." "The Shot" was a playoff game.
Didn't say that that was the game, did I? I was under the impression that THAT game was included in the game as well. I thought it was set up to relive ALL of Jordan's greatest moments. Sort of like NFL 2K5's NFL's Greatest Moments.

# 120 Mintsa @ 07/23/10 10:32 AM
Anyone have a link to an HD vid of this ???

I want to save/play it on my ps3.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.