Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports has just posted their NBA 2K11 Developer Insight, written by Gameplay Producer Zach Timmerman, as he talks about the "Jordan Challenge" and a few other tidbits.

Quote:
"One thing that hasn’t really been mentioned in all the great coverage today, we spent a tremendous amount of time getting the Historic Bulls teams and their biggest rivals into NBA 2K11. We went out and got the rights to the actual players from each era and spent a ton of time capturing their signature shots, moves, and tendencies. So not only are we building you the perfect Michael Jordan in-game, we are also giving you some of the games great players from yesteryear such as Scottie Pippen, Larry Bird, Dominique Wilkins, and many others. With those guys in the game, it didn’t feel right without adding era specific commentary. I am sure the audio team will get into that more in a future Insight.

For now, here are the Historic Teams that will be immediately available for you to play this year:

1985-86 Chicago Bulls
1985-86 Boston Celtics
1989-90 Chicago Bulls
1989-90 Atlanta Hawks
1989-90 Cleveland Cavaliers
1989-90 Detroit Pistons
1990-91 Chicago Bulls
1990-91 Los Angeles Lakers
1991-92 Chicago Bulls
1991-92 Portland Trailblazers
1994-95 Chicago Bulls
1994-95 New York Knicks
1995-96 Chicago Bulls
1995-96 Seattle Supersonics
1996-97 Chicago Bulls
1996-97 Utah Jazz
1997-98 Chicago Bulls
1997-98 Utah Jazz"

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 23 @ 07/23/10 03:35 PM
Had MJ come back about a month or two earlier he would've been reflexive enough that the steal wouldn't have happened..... anyhow yeah I'd like to see that PHX team and the ORL team

# 122 jd@os @ 07/23/10 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Guys, the historic teams are about MJ, it's not about having every classic team. So why would 2K give you the option to play 2 teams that had nothing to do with MJ's Bulls?

* Unless, of course, there are more surprises, but I doubt it. In order to add more teams it means chasing down more players and more rights and more money and more time. Either way, people will never be satisfied.
Youvalss, can you PLEASE get on top of a mountain with a microphone and say this?!

I'm not saying this is MJ2K11, but if this was all about YOUR classic team, MY classic team, HIS classic team, THEIR classic team, etc, they would've had about 5 Hall of Famers on the cover. This is The Jordan Challenge, not The Hall of Fame Challenge. Is it that hard to understand? I know some people want Houston, Phoenix, Jackie Robinson's Brooklyn Dodgers, Jim Brown's Cleveland Browns, Wayne Gretzky's Edmonton Oiler's and all others on the game, but give it a rest.

I know I sound like a jerk, but I don't mean to. I'm just saying Jordan's on the cover--not 10 Hall of Famers.

# 123 DR.Psych @ 07/23/10 05:54 PM
I hope a 90s Indiana Pacers team and a Miami Heat team will be available. It would be a lot fun to re-play a Pacers vs. Knicks and Heat vs. Knicks.

# 124 jd@os @ 07/23/10 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR.Psych
I hope a 90s Indiana Pacers team and a Miami Heat team will be available. It would be a lot fun to re-play a Pacers vs. Knicks and Heat vs. Knicks.
The Heat might not be on there bro (I mean as a future announcement/unlockable one). This is not ESPNClassic2K11.

# 125 Vast @ 07/23/10 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaoudS
Marketing Jordan will work on the casual fans, who are the large customer base for 2K, but it isn't working for me. Classic teams, different era Jordans just seem like one big marketing ploy that will make the game remain stagnant.

OS users have been creating classic teams, players and in the case of PC gamers, jerseys and stadiums as well. What 2K is doing all bull ****, in my opinion.
You have no clue what you're talking about.

If 2k left the game as is and only added the Jordan challenge and classic teams, then MAYBE you'd almost have a point, BUT they didn't.

No details have been released but they have been working on improving the gameplay.

# 126 youvalss @ 07/23/10 07:02 PM
One thing that I don't remember reading about: Let's say, I play one of the challenges in this mode, but as the OTHER team. Is MJ going to try to go for his achievement? I mean, If I play As the 1992 Blazers, will MJ try to make 6 straight 3-pointers against me?

# 127 J-Clutch1 @ 07/23/10 07:17 PM
Wow. So Clark Kellogg was just recently named vice president for player relations for the Indiana Pacers.

Is this a sign of new commentator(s)?

# 128 youvalss @ 07/23/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V!n$an!+y
Wow. So Clark Kellogg was just recently named vice president for player relations for the Indiana Pacers.

Is this a sign of new commentator(s)?
Nice find. But it says:

Quote:
Kellogg will continue to work as a television analyst for Pacers games and as the lead college basketball analyst for CBS Sports.
http://blog.taragana.com/sports/2010...asting-120489/

# 129 J-Clutch1 @ 07/23/10 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Darn. Thanks for pointing that out.

I skipped 2K10 though, so I'm heavily excited for the commentary in 2K11.

# 130 youvalss @ 07/23/10 07:38 PM
Clark Kellogg or not, I liked the commentary in 2K10 a lot! And with some hints we get here and there (no real details yet), seems like 2K11 is going to have good commentary too.

# 131 ybtherockstar @ 07/23/10 09:23 PM
I think 2k should get marv albert since he is no longer announcing for nba elite 11. Who better to have marv to go along with MJ. He has called almost all of jordan's and the nba's best moments.

# 132 youvalss @ 07/23/10 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ybtherockstar
I think 2k should get marv albert since he is no longer announcing for nba elite 11. Who better to have marv to go along with MJ. He has called almost all of jordan's and the nba's best moments.
As long as he's doing the commentary only for the classic teams. I can't stand his voice, I just can't!

# 133 jd@os @ 07/23/10 09:31 PM
"Jordan, trying to shake off Starks. OH WHAT A MOVE BY JORDAN!!"

--Marv Albert

# 134 youvalss @ 07/23/10 09:39 PM

# 135 RIZDRAVER @ 07/23/10 10:03 PM
Marv Albert with Mike Fratello/Matt Guokas/Hubie for a true 90's feel.

# 136 StankonYa @ 07/23/10 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
This is EXCELLENT news!!!

The only other teams i would want are the Phoenix Suns with Barkley that battled them in the finals. The 94-95 Pacers, the 93-94 Rockets, and a Spurs team with the Admiral and Sean Elliot.

and if they had time the 93-94 Knicks
This !!! all day

I have a feeling, I'm going to get in some serious trouble playing this game LOL.
p.s. If Jordan sticks his tounge out in the game............. i just may **** my pants.

# 137 bearschicago @ 07/23/10 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by airjoca
I was looking through pics of the Bulls because of the nostalgia factor that all these news are bringing and came across this:

The 95/96 Bulls. Where are the tatoos?

Dennis Rodman was the "freak" back then, nowadays theres one or two "freaks" per team that DON'T look like Rodman. How times have changed...
In this photo, Pippen has a small tattoo in one of his arms. MJ has a tattoo as well. Not sure how many actually know that... Anyway he has a horseshoe tattoo on his chest.

# 138 youvalss @ 07/23/10 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearschicago
In this photo, Pippen has a small tattoo in one of his arms. MJ has a tattoo as well. Not sure how many actually know that... Anyway he has a horseshoe tattoo on his chest.
The thing about tattoos for NBA players is having them on the arms/legs/neck. They're not there - they don't exist.

# 139 ricanbxbomba @ 07/23/10 10:59 PM
any word on old school rules?

# 140 bearschicago @ 07/23/10 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricanbxbomba
any word on old school rules?
You mean like illegal defense? I wonder if this will be implemented. Would make it more realistic.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.