Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The Madden NFL 11 demo is available now for 360 and later today for the PS3. Please post your impressions here.

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 thedudedominick @ 07/27/10 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
trust me guys,this demo does nothing to show how madden will be.the full game is waaaaayyyyyyy better.There is no fading of the crowd noise in the full game.there r more stadium music and noise and much more in between plays.if uve been to a real game u will know what im talking about.
honestly,i cant play this demo after playing the full game.i wont b buying it the first day but i can tell u not to make a judgement on this crappy dull,boring game..sounds like the player voices r in a tunnel..im just saying to go by this demo..play the full.im still liking ncaa a little better this year..
How about gameplay though, I think that is the major problem people are having with this game compared to NCAA. We understand the sounds will be messed up its just a demo.

# 82 DGuinta1 @ 07/27/10 09:24 AM
I like Gus a lot though I picked off a tipped pass and running it back he was say, the Batman song.

Now they do a shout out to the folks who made Madden during the final mins. of the game. hehe

# 83 sgtspit @ 07/27/10 09:24 AM
ok,i was just responding to the question about the noise,but to me the game play is what u gonna get in the full..no diff in that department..but the demo is boring like any other demo..so the noise is the only diff from full.gameplay the same..

# 84 Mike Smoove @ 07/27/10 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
How about gameplay though, I think that is the major problem people are having with this game compared to NCAA. We understand the sounds will be messed up its just a demo.
NCAA has better gameplay. The only thing Madden does better this year is the catching animations. And this is after putting in some serious time with Maddens full version. The catch debugging tool was a success.

# 85 DGuinta1 @ 07/27/10 09:27 AM
Strategy Pad isn't that bad once you get used to it.

# 86 at23steelers @ 07/27/10 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtspit
ok,i was just responding to the question about the noise,but to me the game play is what u gonna get in the full..no diff in that department..but the demo is boring like any other demo..so the noise is the only diff from full.gameplay the same..
What about the graphics? Are the graphics a lot better in the full game? Can you compare it to NCAA 11. NCAA 11 blows these graphics out of the water.

# 87 DGuinta1 @ 07/27/10 09:31 AM
nice I was able to sack Manning and he ate it. He didn't do the cheesy dump pass before the sack.

# 88 ch46647 @ 07/27/10 09:32 AM
Game needs to be played at normal speed.

The NFL is not a "slow" game, and we have locomotion now so no need to mask the movement anymore IMO.

# 89 parkranger15 @ 07/27/10 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Can someone please let me know how bigh the demo is? Is it more than a gig?
its 1.5 gigs

# 90 ab2c4 @ 07/27/10 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
Demo is good. Feels like Madden 10 with a few tweaks. Not a bad thing since i liked Madden 10.

I like the new presentation and the animations look good. Gus sounds better than Hammond.

As others have said, strategy pad either sucks or will take getting used to.

I think the initial negative reaction is due to NCAA going from horrible to really good and Madden going from really good to better.

The demo is a Work in progress but M11 is not THAT bad...
Now this is what I expected to hear from people. M11 is a tweaked and improved version of M10.

I also am thinking that there is a lot of truth when you said "I think the initial negative reaction is due to NCAA going from horrible to really good and Madden going from really good to better". NCAA 10 was terrible and now NCAA11 is great with a massive amount of improvement this year. Last year Madden 10 was really good and people are expecting the same massive leap for Madden 11. The problem is it may have only improved a little which makes some gamers really upset, but it still may end up a good overall game.

As long as it is improved (the gameplay) a little over last year I will be very happy.

# 91 Dawsons_Creek @ 07/27/10 09:35 AM
Gameflow is a joke. Another pointless gimmick, I will never use.

Other then that I think gameplay is fine, graphics are fantastic, player models look great, Gus Johnson is awesome.

I just can't believe how much EA is hyping gameflow, what a shame.

# 92 ch46647 @ 07/27/10 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomza
More observations... The game plays much more like NCAA 11 if on normal speed (the default is slow in the demo) and that cut scene they show of a player getting water on the sideline is shown WAY too much. Like maybe 6-8 times in one game? BTW, has anyone seen cutaways yet of catches on the sidelines or TD's and the stupid refs getting into a conference to determine if he caught the ball or crossed the goal line or not? I sure hope they got wise and took that out if they weren't able to fix it. Unfortunately, it seems fight for the fumble is still in. (Sigh.) I'll now have to see if it has full replays and if the ball carrier can actually be seen going into the endzone on a replay instead of the replay cutting off before he crosses the goal line.
This X1000

# 93 ezio @ 07/27/10 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaJedi1
it's not on ps3
They update the store later in the day on the ps3.

# 94 sgtspit @ 07/27/10 09:39 AM
the demo seems darker.the lighting seems better in the full..Imo

# 95 Epiffani @ 07/27/10 09:45 AM
I'm asking this with a 100% sincerity with no sarcasm involved: what have they been working on? This game doesn't have the semblance of a game that has went through an entire one year developing cycle. Same animations from years past, minor cosmetic changes, commentary that sounds disjointed, dis-interesting gameplay on the defensive side of the ball, static and overpowering o-line play, generic overlays, dead sidelines, even WORSE tackling than I can remember, no real discrepancy between players in terms of the way each "feel" despite "locomotion", literally synchronized skating taken place on the field BECAUSE of "locomotion". Then to top it off, one of the most noteworthy features in this years game "gameflow" is pretty much useless to me as I would turn it off when playing the full version of the game. I'm not going to even touch on the "strategy pad...."

This feels more like a patch then it does a brand new game. I'll play more when I return home to see if I can find some new overriding good things but the things I named really stood out to me, and most of it have been plaguing this series for several years & running.

# 96 ViciousFoLife @ 07/27/10 09:45 AM
Played two games so far I'm really liking it, little bit slower pace then NCAA 11 but I have no qualms with that. Strategy pad is going to take some getting use to but I can deal, one thing I did like was that one time using the Jets Reggie Wayne did a nice one hand sideline catch and automatically madden prompted up the option to hit LT for a quick challenge the ruling. I thought the catch was good but in review it was overturn which was pretty nice lol.

Overall so far in I feel Madden 11 a more define version of 10 so far not seeing anything yet that makes me question getting it on the Aug 10. Gus Johnson, sideline catches and better presentation and IMO worth heck even gameflow is nifty once you get your game-planning down.

# 97 DGuinta1 @ 07/27/10 09:46 AM
For me easier to pass in Madden then NCAA. Not as much ball hawking.

# 98 Bootzilla @ 07/27/10 09:49 AM
After a couple more games on all-pro.

Strategy pad. On defense be ready to hit that puppy as soon as the offense breaks the huddle. You still will probably only have time to make one adjustment though. I've tried to bring my DB's up to press and adjust my d-line and it's near impossible to do both.

It's growing on me a bit. While nothing earth shattering, it is solid. Out routes and hooks/curls/comeback/stop routes are possible which is a good thing.

How many picks did Manning throw last year? He's thrown 5 in two games. Revis has 3.

Normal game speed seems fine on everything except kick and punt returns. Your returner is either really slow or takes a long time to get up to speed.

I would imagine the final build being very similar to NCAA. NCAA with gameflow and a kicking meter.

# 99 JWO35 @ 07/27/10 09:49 AM
After playing the demo...its pretty much set in stone, I'm not going to waste 60 bucks on this. After buying NCAA 11 that's the only sports game I'll be playing for awhile.
NCAA 11 runs alot more smoother
NCAA 11 gameplay > Madden 11 gameplay
Gus Johnson sound like he just saw the greatest play ever, every play(pretty funny tho)
Changing a play takes twice as long

The demo gets a 4/10 from me man.......man!
I hope the real game isn't like this or a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

# 100 raiders81tim @ 07/27/10 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiffani
I'm asking this with a 100% sincerity with no sarcasm involved: what have they been working on? This game doesn't have the semblance of a game that has went through an entire one year developing cycle. Same animations from years past, minor cosmetic changes, commentary that sounds disjointed, dis-interesting gameplay on the defensive side of the ball, static and overpowering o-line play, generic overlays, dead sidelines, even WORSE tackling than I can remember, no real discrepancy between players in terms of the way each "feel" despite "locomotion", literally synchronized skating taken place on the field BECAUSE of "locomotion". Then to top it off, one of the most noteworthy features in this years game "gameflow" is pretty much useless to me as I would turn it off when playing the full version of the game. I'm not going to even touch on the "strategy pad...."

This feels more like a patch then it does a brand new game. I'll play more when I return home to see if I can find some new overriding good things but the things I named really stood out to me, and most of it have been plaguing this series for several years & running.
Exactly what I was thinking. I'm hoping they are just laying the the foundation for a huge explosion with Madden 12, but I doubt it.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.