Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Is this a TNT image in the scoreboard for NBA 2K11?

In the following video, Rob Jones mentions TNT as well.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Spartan901 @ 08/01/10 11:14 PM
Its is possible thats its TNT since Sony is no klonger publishing their NBA game except on the PSP, which I'm doubting has TNT presentation, tho I haven'y played it. But when Sony decided to stop making their game, I would assume TNT became available. And I honestly could see this union happening. With 2k's basketball popularity seeming to eclipsed EA at the moment, it would be a smart business move for both companies. Not sure if that is TNT on that screen, but it would be possible and make sense

# 82 reptilexcq @ 08/02/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
Its is possible thats its TNT since Sony is no klonger publishing their NBA game except on the PSP, which I'm doubting has TNT presentation, tho I haven'y played it. But when Sony decided to stop making their game, I would assume TNT became available. And I honestly could see this union happening. With 2k's basketball popularity seeming to eclipsed EA at the moment, it would be a smart business move for both companies. Not sure if that is TNT on that screen, but it would be possible and make sense
If it's TNT logo...2K would have made an announcement that they have signed up with TNT to use its logo, ect.. So i doubt it's TNT logo, it's more like 2K logo. I have made suggestion in the past that 2K should make their own TNT-like presentation without using the real network logo. All they have to do is emulate what TV does but come up with their own logo and signiture and I think that's what 2K did.

# 83 youvalss @ 08/02/10 02:22 PM
Didn't 2K say that they had worked with a former TNT producer? If he's no longer a TNT employee, it just doesn't make sense that they work with TNT.

# 84 Spartan901 @ 08/02/10 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Didn't 2K say that they had worked with a former TNT producer? If he's no longer a TNT employee, it just doesn't make sense that they work with TNT.
they said they got a producer from TNT...not former. And to address the comment earlier that if they had partnered with TNT they would have already announced it...who says? Think about it, they already announced they plan to release information every week until the game comes out starting with the first Dev Insight they did, which translates to about 11 weeks of info. Thats quite a few updates. They still have to talk about Association, My Player Mode, Online, Graphical/Presntation improvements, etc. But I'm hard pressed to think of 11 new topics, unless something big is out there still. So who says they still don't having something big up their sleeve? From a business stand point, if you have Michael Jordan attached to your brand and TNT added as well, you would lead with the Jordan info, and after that has soaked in and time has passed you would release the info on TNT to further add to anticipation. And 2k already partnered with NBA tv last year, who is partnered with TNT. And as I mentioned, now that Sony has cancelled their game which had the TNT license, it would make sense that TNT would want to be in business with the best selling and highest rated NBA game available as it mutually beneficial to both commpanies. Again...this is just a conspiracy theory so it could be completely wrong. Just saying...it's possible and makes sense

# 85 youvalss @ 08/02/10 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan901
they said they got a producer from TNT...not former.
Well, read these:

Quote:
To complement NBA 2K's new look on the court, 2K Sports poached a guy who used to work in the TNT presentation booth to sharpen up its broadcast-style look.
http://gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k...pressions.aspx

Quote:
We were also told that 2K brought in a former TNT television producer to help them create a more polished and realistic presentation for NBA 2K11.
http://www.ripten.com/2010/06/21/e31...mped-controls/

# 86 Spartan901 @ 08/02/10 04:02 PM
Well like I said its probably wishful thinking. But I hope it does happen in the near future.

# 87 wrestlinggod1 @ 08/02/10 05:01 PM
There's a thread that settles this

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.