Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBA 2K11

2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBAŽ 2K11 to Complement the Series' All-Time Greatest Cover Athlete

Soundtrack raises the bar with diverse lineup spanning Drake to The Alan Parsons Project alongside the national NBA 2K11 producer/MC contest winners

New York, NY - July 29, 2010 - 2K Sports today announced the soundtrack for NBAŽ 2K11, the latest installment in the top rated and top selling NBA basketball simulation franchise*. Complementing the appearance of Michael Jordan, the series' greatest cover athlete to date, the soundtrack is the biggest and best in 2K history, offering an eclectic mix of upcoming breakout bands and highly acclaimed artists. The soundtrack includes an original, exclusive track from the quadruple platinum-selling artist and 12-time Grammy nominee, Snoop
Dogg, that illustrates his long-standing enthusiasm for the NBA 2K series. Other notable artists include Outkast's Big Boi, Drake, Kid Cudi, Two Door Cinema Club, The Constellations, and The Alan Parsons Project performing the Chicago Bulls' intro song.

Featuring Michael Jordan as this year's cover athlete, and several new gameplay modes and updates, NBA 2K11 continues its trailblazing reputation of weaving both emerging and well-established musical acts into the basketball mix. The soundtrack will sharpen this year's greatest basketball simulation ever with an extensive collection of 29 tracks from artists that tap into the energy, hustle and excitement of the NBAŽ.

"NBA 2K is the basketball game that everyone plays, from NBA athletes to celebrities to music artists. Snoop has been a long time fan of the NBA 2K series and because music is such an integral part to the gameplay experience, it was a perfect fit for this year's title - one of the greatest rappers making an exclusive track for the greatest NBA game," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "With NBA 2K11 we hope to exceed expectations by featuring both an impressive array of established artists like Big Boi, Kid Cudi and Drake who definitely balance the hoop action, alongside emerging talent, such as the winners of our national MC/producer contest."

Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K11:

1. Snoop Dogg - NBA 2K Theme
2. Big Boi - Shutterbug
3. Drake - Over
4. Cassidy - Game Time
5. Ron Artest - Champion
6. Duck-Down All-Stars feat. Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise, and Sean Price - Better Than You
7. The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
8. Art vs. Science - Hollywood
9. Big Rock Candy Mountain - Rocketship
10. Brunettes - Red Rollerskates
11. Chicharones - Little By Little
12. Children Collide - Skeleton Dance
13. Constellations feat. Asher Roth- We're Here To Save The Day
14. Dan Black feat. Kid Cudi - Symphonies (Remix)
15. Delorean - Deli
16. Ev - Home Of The Brave (Instrumental)
17. Failsafe - Hope & Only If We Learn
18. HOGNI - Bow Down
19. Kidz In Space - Downtime
20. Middleman - It's Not Over Yet
21. Rakaa feat. Aloe Blaac - Crown Of Thorns
22. The Redland - So Far
23. The Russian Futurists - Paul Simon & Precious Metals
24. Sonny Bones - Rise
25. Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk
26. Yung Autmatik & Bayroot Productions - Go Hard or Go Home
27. Dux Jones - Pourin' It On

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010.

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DGMikeBarker @ 07/29/10 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Every year they choose some of the best music to play. Your always like "who is that?" when the list is released. But once the game comes out. Your singing along with it by day 2. This is one section 2k has always had props for.
I agree with you. It was 3 songs last year that I surprisingly enjoyed.

# 42 jd@os @ 07/29/10 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I am always willing to listen and maybe something out there catches my ear, but not alot has in a long time. Then again, i grew up in the 90's and i love my Bay Area rap from that era.
Oh...you mean when the title of a rap song was actually what the song was about?

Today, it's a lot of the same musical content with a different title; the title has absolutely nothing to do with the song because it's still gonna be about how much you got and how bad you are--and this is coming from a fan of rap.

I like how 2K mixes it up because sadly enough, a game soundtrack is the only exposure I get to music that's NOT rap or R&B. Like I stated earlier, I love the song Electric Feel from NBA 2K10 but I never would have heard that song if it wasn't for the game.

# 43 jmood88 @ 07/29/10 04:09 PM
Quote:
i dont even know about that, people try to send me "new" underground stuff or a youtube link, and i sit there and tell myself, wow, this isnt good.

I am always willing to listen and maybe something out there catches my ear, but not alot has in a long time. Then again, i grew up in the 90's and i love my Bay Area rap from that era.

Just a few songs

# 44 Kully @ 07/29/10 04:19 PM
I liked that Kenan Bell track last year. People still call me weird for that one.

# 45 Pared @ 07/29/10 04:21 PM
Quote:
The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
Did you ever really have any doubt?

# 46 tabulaRasa @ 07/29/10 05:46 PM
NBA2k10 had an awesome playlist last year. I like the mix of Hiphop/rap and some indie. And nowadyas the music styles blend way more.

# 47 WTF @ 07/29/10 06:30 PM
Alan Parsons Project-Sirius!!!! That's awesome news. Chicago introductions.... oh yeah!

# 48 Eman5805 @ 07/29/10 06:47 PM
I only wish that someone I liked was on this list. Kanye was last year, J Dilla and MF DOOM were on other years. Guess it's aight if I don't get something okay this time. Guess Jay Elec would've been too raw.

# 49 brar @ 07/29/10 07:18 PM
Jay Electronica on a video game would be dirtyyyyy. I dunno about 2k11 tho... maybe exihibit c but most of his other **** is too dark.

# 50 Eman5805 @ 07/29/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brar
Jay Electronica on a video game would be dirtyyyyy. I dunno about 2k11 tho... maybe exihibit c but most of his other **** is too dark.
Fight Night had Exhibit A on the last one.

But yeah, he's way too raw for an E for Everyone game.

Hopefully the PS3 one has custom music so I can listen to him anyway.

# 51 rudeworld @ 07/29/10 08:26 PM
IDK but does this mean that Bow Wow...who said he was in the game yesterday on 106 and park... is a secret player? i thought he was in the sound track... or is there a VIP similar to the one in NFL2k5.... that game was awesome!!!!!

# 52 mvp kobe @ 07/29/10 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
Fight Night had Exhibit A on the last one.

But yeah, he's way too raw for an E for Everyone game.

Hopefully the PS3 one has custom music so I can listen to him anyway.

hes in the nba black top mode

# 53 nba2012 @ 07/29/10 08:55 PM
1st five songs are GREAT ... the whole sondtrack looks/sounds good though

# 54 KyotoCarl @ 07/29/10 08:55 PM
I like the eclectic mix of songs in 2K10, and I've found a couple of new bands/artists I've started listening to so this is gonna be interesting.

I've played basketbal for 15 years and I'm one of those who doesn't equate basketball with hip hop.

# 55 jmood88 @ 07/29/10 10:30 PM
Quote:
that didnt do anything for me either. I just didnt like the beats and the way the guy rapped. You may like it, and more power to you, but there was nothing i could sit back and relax to. For me anyways.
There was more than one guy but alright.

# 56 Eman5805 @ 07/29/10 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp kobe
hes in the nba black top mode
What is he unlockable?

# 57 Epiffani @ 07/30/10 12:13 AM
If I was going to buy the PS3 version of NBA 2K11, then I'd put more stock into the soundtrack, but since I'll more than likely get the 360 version, I'll just play songs directly from my Ipod.

A little bit off topic: Jmood88 dropped some gems on page 6...

# 58 cam21224 @ 07/30/10 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
There was more than one guy but alright.
First time hearing these tracks.

Life as a shorty is the one im feeling the most, any other good songs from dude?

# 59 mvp kobe @ 07/30/10 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
What is he unlockable?

nope you can play as him the the black top 5on 5

# 60 ronnieb @ 07/30/10 06:41 AM
Just imagine jordan challenge, 10 seconds to play bulls lose by one , Phil calls a timeout and the alan parsons song plays in the stadium ! OMG

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.