Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog, thanking everyone, as well as giving us a few patch #2 updates.

Quote:
"More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TreyIM2 @ 07/29/10 06:41 PM
Ooohh, that pic is NICE!! I didn't even realize that there were no dirty jerseys (uhh, lol) when I played in rain games.

That was a great blog, too! I like the break down to give people a better understanding of what the devs are up against. I'm pretty sure their is the big, bad EA brass side of things, as well, but from a technical standpoint, that was great to relay to everyone.

On the patch front, glad that play-action jobee is going to get fixed. It even happens to the CPU, which is funny, to me.

# 22 IndyBronco @ 07/29/10 06:44 PM
This will sound stupid-but how do you get the patch? i am offline, do i need to get a membership or pay for the recruiting progression fix? or do i just need to put my dynasty online somehow? thanks

# 23 jeremym480 @ 07/29/10 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
this is making really hard to play madden especially once the patch drops. we gettin a tuner next week then two weeks or week later a patch
Same here. As much as I liked the Madden demo, this game is going to be soooo hard to put down. Honestly, I don't know if I can.

# 24 Furq @ 07/29/10 06:46 PM
Interesting post. Obviously nothing said yet (that I noticed) about progression requiring a new dynasty. I don't see how it wouldn't, but don't know.

I restarted mine so I'm only in year 1, but I'm happy with my recruiting so far and I'd hate to start over.

The good news is that the fixes will be available before the start of the actual college season

# 25 feeq14 @ 07/29/10 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaptownMVP
You've been playing against psychic CPU playcalling for ten years. You're just now upset about it?
its never been so obvious and broken. When I come out with 5 wide fore a QB zone and their in a 4-3... what am i supposed to do besides audible and burn them deep, over and over and over and over again.

# 26 boxboy99 @ 07/29/10 06:54 PM
The Odogg shoutout cracks me up. Good stuff.

# 27 mavfan21 @ 07/29/10 07:06 PM
I wonder if we're going to see the Ratings of recruits addressed, I hope so. Tuning progression isn't enough.

# 28 thekodinator @ 07/29/10 07:07 PM
wow, is it just me, or are EA's NCAA guys way better than the Madden guys....

# 29 Husker_OS @ 07/29/10 07:20 PM
About tuner sets..

I'm assuming we download these on XBL like it were a patch? And the patch will include the dynasty fixes, or the tuner set will?

# 30 OSUFan_88 @ 07/29/10 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
About tuner sets..

I'm assuming we download these on XBL like it were a patch? And the patch will include the dynasty fixes, or the tuner set will?
No. If it's like NHL series, you need to boot up the game and download it like a new roster file or slider adjustment.

I would look around those parts.

# 31 Husker_OS @ 07/29/10 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
No. If it's like NHL series, you need to boot up the game and download it like a new roster file or slider adjustment.

I would look around those parts.

Boot it up and download it? Sounds like downloading a patch to me, or am I missing something? I haven't downloaded a patch since '09 and haven't ever messed with tuner sets.

# 32 Solidice @ 07/29/10 07:31 PM
Quote:
Boot it up and download it? Sounds like downloading a patch to me, or am I missing something? I haven't downloaded a patch since '09 and haven't ever messed with tuner sets.
it'll likely download at the main menu(after you press start and everything starts loading). if you look at it now, you'll see it show a 'checking for gameplay tuner set' or something like that. I'm guessing at that point, if there is one available, it'll download it.

patches are downloaded once you attempt to boot up the game(before even getting into the game).

# 33 Jase24 @ 07/29/10 07:34 PM
Is it just me or do the dirty uniforms really stand out more than in years past? I mean the streak of what looks to be mud on the Auburn player's leg, and then a smaller smudge on his helmet next to the logo. I remember the uniforms looking like they were getting a little wet and all with perhaps a bit of greenish stain to the front of the pants. Loving this years look though and can't wait for the patch! Thanks for listening EA! =)

# 34 kmaxhokie @ 07/29/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
With patches they usually download for you when you turn on the game. What the guy is saying is that for NHL you had to go into Xbox Live and download the tunner sets from there. They wouldn't automatically download like a patch does. Not sure how NCAA will work out though.

# 35 MarvellousOne @ 07/29/10 07:37 PM
Finally some info on the patch and turner sets, can't wait till they all drop. Thank you EA for Listening to us.

# 36 Husker_OS @ 07/29/10 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
it'll likely download at the main menu(after you press start and everything starts loading). if you look at it now, you'll see it show a 'checking for gameplay tuner set' or something like that. I'm guessing at that point, if there is one available, it'll download it.

patches are downloaded once you attempt to boot up the game(before even getting into the game).
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmaxhokie
With patches they usually download for you when you turn on the game. What the guy is saying is that for NHL you had to go into Xbox Live and download the tunner sets from there. They wouldn't automatically download like a patch does. Not sure how NCAA will work out though.

Ahh ok. So I'll need to be connected to XBL for the tuner sets.

# 37 mavfan21 @ 07/29/10 07:47 PM
Quote:
Patches download as soon as the game is inserted and you're prompted to accept.

These tuner sets will likely be files you'll have to go online to get. You'll need to start the game, go to the EA online news hub thingy or start an online game or access an online dynasty and get it.

That's the way I understand it.

# 38 jd@os @ 07/29/10 07:54 PM
Help me out guys.

I'm not a newbie, and have always looked forward to patches. I put the game in and it does it automatically...

...except this time. I never got a prompt to do it. Any suggestions? Is there a version number of the game now so I can hit information to see if I do have that patch (I'm pretty sure I don't).

Thanks. And I am online by the way.

# 39 Randiesel75 @ 07/29/10 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
Patches download as soon as the game is inserted and you're prompted to accept.

These tuner sets will likely be files you'll have to go online to get. You'll need to start the game, go to the EA online news hub thingy or start an online game or access an online dynasty and get it.
Correct, but like NHL (assuming you're already signed into XBL), once the game has loaded and is sitting at the default dashboard, you'll have a tuner set icon that would appear. The user can then choose to download and play with the new tuner set. While not as robust as what would be contained in a typical patch, tuner sets offer a simple way for EA to introduce minor refinements for certain game settings that do not need a full patch download.

# 40 wado1 @ 07/29/10 07:57 PM
As long as dynasty progression is fixed, i am happy. Thats great that they addressed the issues quickly.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.