Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NCAA Football 11 blog, thanking everyone, as well as giving us a few patch #2 updates.

Quote:
"More details on the client update to come, but here are three of the big ones we've solved:

-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jerryrice4949 @ 07/30/10 01:47 AM
please fix CPU depth chart.

# 82 laxman490 @ 07/30/10 02:06 AM
I didn't read this whole thread, but when is this supposed to be released?

# 83 Special27K @ 07/30/10 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman490
I didn't read this whole thread, but when is this supposed to be released?
Patch in 2 weeks (They said mid August)
Tuner Set 1 week

Seriously this is gonna be a long 2 weeks for me I think, I'm glad we got news at least. I almost wish they kept it hush a little longer to save me some agonizing hour counting.

# 84 kodawg9 @ 07/30/10 03:17 AM
Perfect. I'm in conference championship week right now. I was gonna stop right when i hit offseason so I could wait for the tuner and wait for the progression to be slightly tuned.

I guess I'll advance one section (conf championship, bowl wk, players leaving/transfers, etc) per day in my online dynasty with this ridiculous 20 min wait time to advance each week. Guess it works out, at least for this first offseason.

# 85 Pogo27 @ 07/30/10 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
Patch in 2 weeks (They said mid August)
Tuner Set 1 week

Seriously this is gonna be a long 2 weeks for me I think, I'm glad we got news at least. I almost wish they kept it hush a little longer to save me some agonizing hour counting.
To clarify... the recruit issues such as progression and what not, is that addressed in the Tuner Set or the patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodawg9
Perfect. I'm in conference championship week right now. I was gonna stop right when i hit offseason so I could wait for the tuner and wait for the progression to be slightly tuned.

I guess I'll advance one section (conf championship, bowl wk, players leaving/transfers, etc) per day in my online dynasty with this ridiculous 20 min wait time to advance each week. Guess it works out, at least for this first offseason.
Just so you know, while there still remains a 20 minute wait for regular season stuff, there is no timer for the off-season stuff like recruiting weeks, change positions, cut players, etc. etc. etc. Though I guess you're dragging it out anyway to wait for the patch/tuner set.

# 86 Special27K @ 07/30/10 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
To clarify... the recruit issues such as progression and what not, is that addressed in the Tuner Set or the patch?
In the blog it says this under the Tuner Sets section
Quote:
This is a new technology for NCAA Football 11 that allows us to not only live update and tune core gameplay parameters -- like fumbles, throw accuracy, and juke success ratings -- but it also allows us to rebalance certain core features such as recruiting logic, blocking, even control the intensity of shadows cast by the football on a sunny day
So they don't specifically say anything about progression or the actual generating of the prospects, I'm guessing this statement is more geared toward CPU teams "hoarding" 10 QB's on their roster and not recruiting needs. Hopefully it also refers to teams recruiting to their play style, like Georgia Tech recruiting specifically scrambling/running QB's.

I'm leaning toward that anything to do with the actual recruits won't be addressed or can't be addressed in a Tuner Set unfortunately. Though I'm crossing my fingers.

In the Tuner Set, the only thing I'm sure will be addressed is the frequency of fumbles.

Question
-When the NCAA team comes out with 2nd and 3rd Tuner Sets do they build off each other, like everything from Tuner Set #1 is in #2? If not can we load multiple Tuner Sets?

# 87 smadog @ 07/30/10 04:20 AM
This is just awesome news! I want to thank everyone who was complaining about issues with the game. It is very cool that EA is roaming these boards, hearing what the true NCAA fans want fixed. I know not every issue will be hit here, but this is a great start. I feel with the tuner updates and patches, this game can go from great to outstanding. Thanks EA!

# 88 LambertandHam @ 07/30/10 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
In the blog it says this under the Tuner Sets section

So they don't specifically say anything about progression or the actual generating of the prospects, I'm guessing this statement is more geared toward CPU teams "hoarding" 10 QB's on their roster and not recruiting needs. Hopefully it also refers to teams recruiting to their play style, like Georgia Tech recruiting specifically scrambling/running QB's.

I'm leaning toward that anything to do with the actual recruits won't be addressed or can't be addressed in a Tuner Set unfortunately. Though I'm crossing my fingers.

In the Tuner Set, the only thing I'm sure will be addressed is the frequency of fumbles.

Question
-When the NCAA team comes out with 2nd and 3rd Tuner Sets do they build off each other, like everything from Tuner Set #1 is in #2? If not can we load multiple Tuner Sets?
Saw this in the blog

Our first LTP should be arriving next week along with detailed notes on what the update contains. I can tell you that based on the collective feedback we've received, we will be carefully down-tuning the athleticism of defensive lineman and reduce the number of impressive picks by the big guys. We're also looking to address a few important dynasty progression and recruiting issues.

I can deal with the play action bug, just looking for the recruiting and progression fix. So how will these tuner sets work? Will they be just for online gameplay or offline dynasty?

# 89 LambertandHam @ 07/30/10 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoman
you have to download them (automatically on start up i believe), thus you have to be online initially. After that you can load them up like you would load a roster you previously downloaded.
Once there are multiple tuners out there you can also choose to play with one or the other, just like with multiple roster files.
Hmm, that sounds easy enough. I'm always connected via Live, so that won't be a problem. Looking forward to the tuner sets next week . I sent Roy an email with a couple of questions, while I know I probably won't get a response, I'll post it here if I do.

# 90 Hova57 @ 07/30/10 08:20 AM
i say we get three tuners one won't fix everything

# 91 LambertandHam @ 07/30/10 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i say we get three tuners one won't fix everything
The biggest issue right now, at least tuner wise is the progression/recruiting. You have the patch to fix the release days bugs coming up the week after. While I agree with you in that I don't think it'll be a "one and done" thing, the optimist in me hopes I can actually advance past year 4 in a dynasty next week, instead of by patch #3 a month from now.

# 92 acts238shaun @ 07/30/10 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
The biggest issue right now, at least tuner wise is the progression/recruiting. You have the patch to fix the release days bugs coming up the week after. While I agree with you in that I don't think it'll be a "one and done" thing, the optimist in me hopes I can actually advance past year 4 in a dynasty next week, instead of by patch #3 a month from now.
I agree, this is my biggest issue.

# 93 ChicagoChris @ 07/30/10 09:10 AM
Got to give the guys props. Yes, there are some issues with the game. Its like that with every game.

It's cool they acknowledge them and communicate as well. Love what I am reading.

# 94 Hova57 @ 07/30/10 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
i think they will be able to tune franchise stuff. alot of the patches in previous years were tunes to what was statistically wrong. i think some are going to learn the difference in tunes and patches. But let it be known it doesn't open up to making every little thing fixable. i'm sure that's what going to happen.

# 95 ODogg @ 07/30/10 09:27 AM
dan_457 - yeah after the Madden demo fiasco I was pretty depressed about EA but seeing that blog has renewed my faith in them, at least the NCAA side. And no, not just because my name was in it although that is great IMO that they mentioned a specific issue with a specific name attached to that issue from this site to really show they ARE listening.

# 96 ODogg @ 07/30/10 09:49 AM
Also, I think this just goes to show that if you do have an individual issue then posting about it and putting forth reasons as to why you want it again and again and again (yes you do have to be persistent) you may just get it noticed. And if it's a reasonable request that EA believes is a widespread desire then it may just end up being considered to be added into the game. That IMO is fantastic to know we can be heard like that and really renews my faith in the NCAA team.

# 97 dalecooper @ 07/30/10 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Also, I think this just goes to show that if you do have an individual issue then posting about it and putting forth reasons as to why you want it again and again and again (yes you do have to be persistent) you may just get it noticed. And if it's a reasonable request that EA believes is a widespread desire then it may just end up being considered to be added into the game. That IMO is fantastic to know we can be heard like that and really renews my faith in the NCAA team.
I agree. They should take a page from Bungie's playbook and put up blogs like this regularly - Bungie does them weekly but I'd settle for bi-weekly or monthly from EA. Just talk about the issues people are seeing, give an idea how it happened and what's being done about it, and make the customers feel like their voices are being heard. There's so much frustration from gamers because EA mostly feels like this monolithic company that you can't get a hold of and doesn't care about your opinion... and all it takes is an occasional thing like this to placate people and make them more patient and understanding.

# 98 LambertandHam @ 07/30/10 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecooper
I agree. They should take a page from Bungie's playbook and put up blogs like this regularly - Bungie does them weekly but I'd settle for bi-weekly or monthly from EA. Just talk about the issues people are seeing, give an idea how it happened and what's being done about it, and make the customers feel like their voices are being heard. There's so much frustration from gamers because EA mostly feels like this monolithic company that you can't get a hold of and doesn't care about your opinion... and all it takes is an occasional thing like this to placate people and make them more patient and understanding.

Patience also helps, even if you really want to play your dynasty almost a month out from the release date . Still I like the blog, and the fact that EA is actually looking into the issues we've been talking about for a little while now.

# 99 boomersooner31 @ 07/30/10 10:09 AM
Nice work EA! Hopefully I don't have to re-boot my army dynasty and if I do, I'll use another team just as long as I don't have to worry about progression anymore. In the mean time I'm starting a RTG to kill time during the next 2 weeks until this bad boy is available.

# 100 ODogg @ 07/30/10 10:33 AM
SAINT401-I was getting text messages last night saying that, I was like WTF you guys talking about? LOL!!

I guess the NO DREADS, NO PEACE campaign worked!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.