Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

IGN has just posted their NBA 2K11 preview, as well as some new screenshots.

Quote:
"Physical play (bodies jostling in the post or when a player drives to the lane) is getting an overhaul this year as well. If you played last year's FIFA game from EA Sports, you'll know what to expect from NBA 2K11. In other words, you're always able to have a sense of control even if your player is bumping into someone else on the court. No matter the collision, the goal of the development team is to ensure that players always feel like they're in control of their player's weight and momentum. I didn't get a chance to get a feel for the feature yet, but I'll be sure to dive a bit deeper the next time I get my hands on the game.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, there are a lot of gameplay changes in NBA 2K11. Far too many to be dished out in a single preview. Rest assured, if you were someone who hated the feeling of being out of control in last year's game, you shouldn't have that problem with NBA 2K11. From spin moves that branch into one-armed pump fakes to those that end in jump shots to dribble animations that can branch into any number of moves, 2K11 seems to have really nailed the look and feel of the NBA with the gameplay revisions."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eko718 @ 07/29/10 11:24 PM
For those complaining about graphics, wait till you see the game in motion. Screenshots rarely do the game justice. That being said, there are some things I am personally pleased with.

1. Breaking out of physical and dribble animations
2. More responsive and detailed isomotion controls(It sounds like moves such as the euro-step are controllable as opposed to random based on a layup package)
3. The return of manual post up, and the ability to do so anywhere on the court
4. Enhanced passing and off-ball options
5. More intuitive play calling options
6. Enhanced collision engine, including in-air collisions

Pretty happy with with the info thusfar.

# 42 TUSS11 @ 07/29/10 11:29 PM
It sounds all good, but then again, it is 2K we're talking about.

Quote:
Spin moves are pulled off how you'd expect, but in NBA 2K11 the stars of the game make better use of them than ever before.
Um, sure hope not. 2K9...

# 43 Fresh Prince @ 07/29/10 11:35 PM
Mike Miller cut his hair off.... he has a lowboy now

# 44 Eman5805 @ 07/29/10 11:41 PM
Hearing how players cut with urgency is a plus. But still no word about pull up jumpers. Or I should just figure players like Chris Paul will get a shot where they actually jump.

Total passing control's a nice import from Live. No sense in people acting like that's committing some kind of crime. It's an excellent basketball gameplay feature.

# 45 VDusen04 @ 07/29/10 11:44 PM
Solid info. My favorite excerpt came when explaining certain button alterations during certain dunks and can initiate a user controlled rim hang. I like the sound of that.

# 46 BiggD @ 07/29/10 11:57 PM
I can't wait to see all the gameplay improvements, they sound fantastic

# 47 BiggD @ 07/29/10 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBA2k8 CHAMP
Only thing I'm hoping for now after reading that preview is

1.Better Color Palette Orando's Blue to light and Philly's Red Mainly
2.Higher Resolution when zoomed out
3.Fix some Courts(Spurs floor hurts my eyes) and some of the Logos are too small
4.Not allowing a player to cut easily which cuts down on passing in the paint
5.In the paint defense
6.More CPU blocking
7.Smarter A.I.
8.Pull up Jumpers and Shooting coming off of screens
9.Crowd noise,Atmosphere(like Live 10's but expanded)

thats a nice list.. i'm hoping there are alot more jump shots this year

# 48 supermati @ 07/30/10 12:00 AM
Finally we have actual controllable player movement, we are gonna be able to do the cone minigame now.

Plus:

Manual Post up
Fake passes
More plays
TCPassing
Sense of urgency cuts.

This thing is looking to be pretty pretty pretty good.

# 49 Goffs @ 07/30/10 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Great stuff! Glad Mike's bringing back some of the ideas with him. I'm so happy to hear a pass fake is in the game. That's gonna make for some sick fast breaks and sequences. Rondo's gonna be ridiculous.
oohh...i wonder if you can pull off a fake pass during a drive animation

# 50 TUSS11 @ 07/30/10 12:08 AM
What about defence? I'd like to know if they've addressed some of the defensive issues that have plagued the series for several years now.

# 51 nba2012 @ 07/30/10 12:23 AM
NBA 2K11 looks great again this year ... with the improved gameplay, presentation and the new dribbling ... looks great..

# 52 Tha_Kid @ 07/30/10 12:25 AM
Still waiting to hear if the actual way playcalling works has been fixed, i.e. how you execute the play called.

# 53 Rocboyz101 @ 07/30/10 12:26 AM
Hopefully there are some defensive improvements..

# 54 ehh @ 07/30/10 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Great stuff! Glad Mike's bringing back some of the ideas with him. I'm so happy to hear a pass fake is in the game. That's gonna make for some sick fast breaks and sequences. Rondo's gonna be ridiculous.
I wonder if fake pass will work when you have a live dribble.

# 55 wepr3 @ 07/30/10 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Good article, but absolutely terrible images. Game doesn't look changed much.

That intro with the Heat starting 5 looks like a great presentation intro...nice touch.
I thought 10 was pretty, but a chore to play. If they fix the gameplay issues and the Franchise mode, I'll be a happy dude.

# 56 cam21224 @ 07/30/10 12:46 AM
If you hold both triggers you'll instantly enter a post-up position. Players can use this anywhere on the hardwood, which means you'll be able to bring the ball up the court Gary Payton-style if you want.

I'm loving it, post up manually is back baby YES.

Put some Glove love in there too huh, 2k is cooler then the other side of the pillow.

# 57 DGMikeBarker @ 07/30/10 01:14 AM
I'm glad how polished he says the game is and how early this preview is. Still have a month and some till the game goes gold.

# 58 Boge @ 07/30/10 01:20 AM
"Rest assured, if you were someone who hated the feeling of being out of control in last year's game, you shouldn't have that problem with NBA 2K11."

That's what I want to hear. Now I just hope this preview isn't some hype crap and what he's saying actually happens. You never can tell with previews these days.

# 59 Weeks @ 07/30/10 01:21 AM
sounds great that we actually have control of our players.

# 60 statum71 @ 07/30/10 01:30 AM
I hope the controls got easier and not more confusing. Flick this while pushing that, and trigger left right left up??????

Sounds like spending more time tryiny to figure out what in the world to do than going out executing beautiful moves on the fly.

Fingers crossed

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.