Home
FIFA 11 News Post

Hey all, EA has asked me if I have any questions about the new Career mode that will be in FIFA Soccer 11. I figured I would see if you guys had any questions so I could pass some of them along as well.

So ask about changes to the Career mode or whatever else you want to know about the mode, and I'll be sure to send along at least some of the questions.

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Lecrae @ 07/30/10 03:19 AM
Does your player's stats over his career determine his job offers he will receive when he becomes a manager or can you just choose any club? Is it possible to coach a national team?

Is it still possible to get onto a national team and perhaps play in qualifiers/friendlies/world cup/confederations cup? If so does it have different hosts (i.e. Brazil 2014, London 2018, etc)?

Can you progress on a day by day basis instead of just going by the week? It helps when trying to land transfers if they take 1-4 days to respond as a week is really long to try and land a player.

Does the simming during career mode really not have teams like Burnley competing for the top spot in the EPL and Aston Villa down at the bottom everytime?

For scouted players that aren't real, how does the system determine that player's personality style? Like is it just ratings based whether or not the player acts like Ronaldinho when dribbling or would the player's origins also come into play (i.e Brazilian might be a better dribbler while an African is faster and English is stronger)

Thanks for passing these along

# 2 rckabillyRaider @ 07/30/10 04:08 AM
can you use created teams in career mode?

Or create leagues to play in career mode?

Is scheduling and cup competitions more true to their real life counterparts?

# 3 southernbelle @ 07/30/10 06:28 AM
*has scouting changed (for unknown players) or is their a youth club/team program?
*has progression changed?
*has form changed?

# 4 redskinst21 @ 07/30/10 08:31 AM
Hey man thanks for doing this i have tons of ? but ill keep them to minimum.

- In the first season can you play in the ECC/EFA?

- Can you manage club and country?

- Can you do player swaps in transfer market?

# 5 redskinst21 @ 07/30/10 08:33 AM
oh and the most important one please tell me they have fixed the injury bug, when you play a game and a player got injured he only got injured for a week.

# 6 teambayern @ 07/30/10 09:28 AM
Have there been any improvements to the team management part, in terms of displaying player stats at a glance, letting you change a formation without saving it to the hard drive, ect?

Will the cup games have a different atmosphere/feel to them than the league games?

What kind of search options will we have when trying to find players in the transfer market?

What has happened to form: in, out, fixed?

# 7 steeluk @ 07/30/10 09:33 AM
Just a small one. It's been made to sound like you have to play as a pro, then player manager, then manager. Can I choose to jump in at any of these points? I don't like the idea of having to do the first two parts, if i just want to manage a team, and play the games.

# 8 OU81206 @ 07/30/10 09:57 AM
How does all of this tie into FIFA PRO CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP? There hasn't been a peep about Clubs which is the only online mode my friends and I have been playing since December.

# 9 teambayern @ 07/30/10 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeluk
Just a small one. It's been made to sound like you have to play as a pro, then player manager, then manager. Can I choose to jump in at any of these points? I don't like the idea of having to do the first two parts, if i just want to manage a team, and play the games.
This was answered in the latest info released. You can start as a manager. not sure about player manager, but I think you would just pick the captain.

# 10 CaptainZombie @ 07/30/10 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
can you use created teams in career mode?

Or create leagues to play in career mode?

Is scheduling and cup competitions more true to their real life counterparts?
I second these questions.

If you can create a league with created teams or current teams available, how many are you allowed to add?

# 11 Ermolli @ 07/30/10 01:06 PM
It is said that the career mode has 15 years, so if you choose Player-Manager is 15 years being a player and then 15 years being a manager?

# 12 misterbroom12 @ 07/30/10 01:38 PM
Will Career Mode be able to be played just as Manager Mode was in FIFA10 by skipping the part where you are playing?

Will you be able to use a created team with a full roster of created players in Career Mode and start them in any world league you choose?

Can you move funds from Club Budget to Wage Budget? In FIFA10 I would run into a problem where I have $200,000,000 in Club Budget with nothing to spend it on but transfer fees, yet my low Wage Budget would not allow me to buy players who would want $400,000 a week. Could I move like $2,000,000 from Club Budget to Wage Budget to fix this as my club clearly has the funds to buy higher paid players.

Will the new Career Mode stop freezing at random points of my progress throughout the game mode as it did in FIFA10's Manager Mode, causing me to restart it numerous times and never advance more than 3 years down the road?

Will AI controlled clubs be more involved in the transfer market for players they desire whether the User controlled team has players for sale or not, a la Barcelona pursuing Arsenal's Fabregas in real life?

Will AI controlled teams still seem to be forced to bid for players that the User controlled team makes for sale whether or not the player is any good?

Will resigning a player be more realistic and no longer just checking a box at the end of the season and having the player automatically committed to your team?

Thank you for the opportunity for these to be answered.

# 13 misterbroom12 @ 07/30/10 01:43 PM
Forgot one last thing, just as @Lecrae asked, will you be allowed to move forward day by day? Could I bid for a player on a Monday and see a rejection for the bid on Wednesday and still be able to put in another bid on Thursday and have a chance of bringing the new player to my team by my next game on Saturday?

# 14 BIGE5901 @ 07/30/10 03:26 PM
Can you change weather before a match like say in Madden? Even though I stopped playing MM last year after a week because it sucked so bad I couldn't stand playing in the EPL because apparently it never ever stops raining there.

If you edit a player/stadium do you have to restart a career mode to have those changes take affect? In PES you could edit to your hearts desire and carry on with your master league.

Pretty minor stuff there can't think of anything else right now but if they could just get this career mode sorted out this game would be good as gold.

# 15 BIGE5901 @ 07/30/10 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbroom12
Forgot one last thing, just as @Lecrae asked, will you be allowed to move forward day by day? Could I bid for a player on a Monday and see a rejection for the bid on Wednesday and still be able to put in another bid on Thursday and have a chance of bringing the new player to my team by my next game on Saturday?
Hey mate I read in a preview that it would move day by day on the calender. I believe they said that if anything important happens it will stop that day so you can review anything that happened.

# 16 thegoons21 @ 07/31/10 08:05 AM
Will they incorporate the playoff format for MLS, and the lower leagues (Championship, League1) in England and elsewhere?

# 17 Salhus @ 07/31/10 05:22 PM
I'd also like to know if "form" has changed at all..

# 18 Ermolli @ 08/01/10 10:51 PM
I don't know if it was said but if you play many good years in a team, do you have many chances of being the manager of that club when you begin your manager carrer?

# 19 aj_angels2005 @ 08/02/10 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redskinst21

- In the first season can you play in the ECC/EFA?

I also want to know that, and if the EFA (Europa League) has the new tourmanent format.

# 20 steeluk @ 08/02/10 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambayern
This was answered in the latest info released. You can start as a manager. not sure about player manager, but I think you would just pick the captain.
Ah right, didn't notice that. I know there are more pressing issues within this mode, but this was quite important to me.

Cheers dude

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.