Home
FIFA 11 News Post

Hey all, EA has asked me if I have any questions about the new Career mode that will be in FIFA Soccer 11. I figured I would see if you guys had any questions so I could pass some of them along as well.

So ask about changes to the Career mode or whatever else you want to know about the mode, and I'll be sure to send along at least some of the questions.

Game: FIFA Soccer 11Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: NDS / PC / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mjussawalla @ 08/02/10 09:26 AM
Is the Manager Mode bug fixed where if you move teams you start your new club with a -$2billion deficit?

# 22 misterbroom12 @ 08/02/10 10:56 PM
Thought of another question, will players grow skill wise based on what they excel in during the previous season? I.E. if an outside back gets a good amount of assists through a season off of his crosses, will his crossing attribute go up for next year? I have not noticed in FIFA10 where to see which exact attributes on a player are increasing as they develop and wondered if this is how the game determines player growth.

# 23 ImTellinTim @ 08/03/10 11:59 PM
Can you change clubs without the horrific negative budget glitch? This cut my play time in this game significantly. In other words, I basically stopped playing it after I found this out because I'm an offline franchise guy.

Maybe this is a more general question, but will teams from all leagues have tactics that match to their real-life counterparts? Or at least will teams play differently from one another without extensive custom setup?

How is progression handled? I am not a fan of the EXP system.

# 24 Lecrae @ 08/04/10 12:34 AM
I think since they are changing the coding that particular glitch will most likely not be in there.

And I just want teams to play more defensive id they are lower overall, aggresive if they are better, and if the score changes and time is running out they need to adjust playing style like a user would

# 25 ChaseB @ 08/04/10 01:08 AM
Thanks everyone, I sent some of these along to EA.

# 26 cooler08 @ 08/06/10 09:45 AM
Is it to late to ask questions? A few below;

Are there FA Cup Replays instead of it going to extra time/penaltys when you draw?

Are the ECC/EFA Final's played at a real stadium rotating to a different venue each season such as Bernabeu, Old Trafford, San Siro, etc.. instead of a generic stadium?

Can you edit the names of unlicenced tournaments?

When you get sacked, are the rest of the seasons matches simulated or can we get another job mid-season?

# 27 rooney8 @ 08/11/10 09:54 AM
Can we compete for cups in season mode.
In the prem do you have to name a 25 man squad at the start of the season with 8 home grown players in it.
Can you loan players for different lengths of time. Are there emergency loans like Martin Fulop to Man City at the end of last season.
Is there player morale and/or character. Can a player disrupt the locker room and hurt team chemistry and morale.
Is there team chemistry.
Do owners make a difference. Steve Gibson Middlesbrough owner is known for giving managers plenty of time in the job where as Real Madrid and Man City expect instant success.
Are the number of injuries and length of injuries in line with real life. Can players be injured in training like WC2010. Will a player returning from a serious injury struggle for fitness or permantly lose a step if older. Can players retire because of injury like Dean Ashton.
Is there accumalative fatigue.
Chase is it too late to ask questions.
Some of these might have been in Fifa10 but manager mode wasn't up to my standard so I didn't get deep into it at all.
Thanks.

# 28 southernbelle @ 08/12/10 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8

Can you loan players for different lengths of time.
in the blog they mentioned you can choose between half season and full season loans.

also, i wish they had accumulative fatigue, bought doubt it in this build.

# 29 rooney8 @ 08/15/10 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooney8
In the prem do you have to name a 25 man squad at the start of the season with 8 home grown players in it.
Can you loan players for different lengths of time. Are there emergency loans like Martin Fulop to Man City at the end of last season.
Is there player morale and/or character. Can a player disrupt the locker room and hurt team chemistry and morale.
Is there team chemistry.
Do owners make a difference. Steve Gibson Middlesbrough owner is known for giving managers plenty of time in the job where as Real Madrid and Man City expect instant success.
Are the number of injuries and length of injuries in line with real life. Can players be injured in training like WC2010. Will a player returning from a serious injury struggle for fitness or permantly lose a step if older. Can players retire because of injury like Dean Ashton.
Some of these might have been in Fifa10 but manager mode wasn't up to my standard so I didn't get deep into it at all.
Thanks.
Anyone know the answers to any of these. I really can't find much info on career mode.

# 30 Lecrae @ 08/15/10 04:14 PM
Quote:
Is there team chemistry.
Thanks.
Yes.
Not likely, homegrown status would be hard to code in and since it is something only in England it isn't likely that they would implement it (MLS playoffs were messed up if I remember right so they tend to mess up rarely used ideas).
No loans are year long only but like southernbelle said they might have added 1/2 and full year loans.
Not that I know of.
Yes.
No although with the old manager mode you could win 5 premier league titles but lose in the finals of the Carling Cup in your 6th season and they fire you immediatly.
Probably can, probably not, probably not.
Yes.
Yes.

# 31 rooney8 @ 08/15/10 05:39 PM
Thanks man. Accumalative fatigue is good news.

# 32 ltkpro @ 08/27/10 10:28 PM
hey man, 1st i just wanna say thnx for doing this..

1) has the scouting improved? (not just 1 scout..etc)
2) can you make swap deals? (3 for 1, 2 for 1, 1 for 1)
3) can you actually be able to loan players this time?
4) have they got rid of form, or at least improved on it?
5) has player growth been improved? (players under 20 should be able to grow easily even if they dont play much)
6) what is the difference between all 3 career modes? which is most like fifa 10?
7)have they improved on wage budget? (its not realistic, real clubs have a lot to spare)

well tht's all i can think of now, anyway thnx again, and hope to see you're reply soon

# 33 addybojangles @ 09/01/10 11:14 AM
Hope I'm not too late!

Portland Timbers fan here, and the entire city is psyched to be a part of MLS in the very near future! Did Portland and Vancouver make the cut to be in FIFA 11?

(I doubt it, but it's worth asking, right?)

# 34 southernbelle @ 09/01/10 12:56 PM
some of these have been answered... see below questions... we have some known unknowns, and unknown unknowns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltkpro
hey man, 1st i just wanna say thnx for doing this..

1) has the scouting improved? (not just 1 scout..etc)

UNCLEAR

2) can you make swap deals? (3 for 1, 2 for 1, 1 for 1)

UNKNOWN, doubtful
3) can you actually be able to loan players this time?

YES - read the blog

4) have they got rid of form, or at least improved on it?

Form is in the trash bin for this year
5) has player growth been improved? (players under 20 should be able to grow easily even if they dont play much)

unknown

6) what is the difference between all 3 career modes? which is most like fifa 10?

depends

7)have they improved on wage budget? (its not realistic, real clubs have a lot to spare)

Yes

well tht's all i can think of now, anyway thnx again, and hope to see you're reply soon

# 35 cheesesteak @ 09/04/10 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecrae
Yes.
Not likely, homegrown status would be hard to code in and since it is something only in England it isn't likely that they would implement it.
Football Manager seems to do it just fine =D Blasted EA.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.