Home
NBA JAM News Post

BOOOOOOM-SHAKA-LAKA! EA ANNOUNCES NBA ELITE 11 TO
INCLUDE FREE* DOWNLOADABLE VERSION OF NBA JAM

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – August 3, 2010 – Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that all new copies of NBA ELITE 11 will include a one-time download code that will enable users to access three modes of NBA JAM – Play Now, Classic Campaign and Online. Already set to revolutionize the way basketball simulation games are played with new Hands-On Control, the inclusion of the NBA JAM modes will make NBA ELITE 11 the ultimate basketball videogame experience available, on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, when it is released on October 5, 2010.

“NBA ELITE 11 is going to change the way basketball videogames are played,” says Jordan Edelstein, Vice President, Marketing, EA SPORTS. “The addition of three free downloadable modes of the award winning NBA JAM is an unprecedented value add to a product that is already set to revolutionize the basketball videogame category”

Winner of eight ‘Best Sports Game of E3’ awards, including the coveted Game Critics Award, NBA JAM has been optimized for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 to truly deliver a next-gen experience of the classic franchise. With Play Now, Classic Campaign, and Online modes included, the downloadable version of NBA JAM, that is available with purchases of NBA ELITE 11, will include a robust single player and multiplayer experience. NBA JAM allows fans to challenge the world, or their friends on the couch, with Online and Play Now, respectively, or climb from worst to first as they take their favorite NBA team through a ladder tournament through the league.

NBA ELITE 11 featuring three modes of NBA JAM will be available for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system with an MSRP of $59.99. It is developed by EA Canada in Burnaby, B.C. The game has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI.

EA SPORTS™ is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA ELITE basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA and Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active.

For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.

Game: EA Sports NBA JAMReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPad / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 16 - View All
EA Sports NBA JAM Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TreyIM2 @ 08/03/10 09:06 AM
Thanks, EA. As of right now, Elite 11 is of high interest to me for purchase even though Jam wasn't much of an interest, at all, unless there was going to be a demo and that's all I would have cared to play. I'll take this freebie with my Elite 11..

# 22 Da-Man @ 08/03/10 09:09 AM
2 arcade games for $60.00?... Absolutely brilliant.
I loved nba jam back in the day so i will be buying elite for sure.

# 23 BlackRome @ 08/03/10 09:14 AM
I'm sorry but I don't see it as a great move. You usually get what you pay for. I'm willing to bet that neither game is worth $60 buck. Especially NBA jam.

What happened to EA's street basketball game. It was better than NBA jam ever was and was the best basketball game EA has released in 11 years.

# 24 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/03/10 09:30 AM
I am hype for Elite and now I get to play NBA Jam too?!?! Thats great! I remember playing the old games when I was a kid.

# 25 dexvex @ 08/03/10 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
I'm sorry but I don't see it as a great move. You usually get what you pay for. I'm willing to bet that neither game is worth $60 buck. Especially NBA jam.

What happened to EA's street basketball game. It was better than NBA jam ever was and was the best basketball game EA has released in 11 years.
Wat?LOL........

Not even gonna respond to your ridiculous ELITE comment but Nba Jam was never gonna be released for $60 on the psn/xbla. Also you do realize this is the exact same game that will be full price on the wii right? This is clearly a marketing move to help combat MJ and I like it albeit it does seem a little extreme.....

# 26 dexvex @ 08/03/10 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
2 arcade games for $60.00?... Absolutely brilliant.
I loved nba jam back in the day so i will be buying elite for sure.
3/10

# 27 jfsolo @ 08/03/10 09:44 AM
I've always hated NBA Jam with a passion, so this does nothing for me, but its a smart play.

# 28 MelMan1486 @ 08/03/10 09:45 AM
So basically people like me that were going to purchase Jam but not Elite get screwed?... looks like I'm going to have to find a way to get my hands on a code.

# 29 dexvex @ 08/03/10 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
So basically people like me that were going to purchase Jam but not Elite get screwed?... looks like I'm going to have to find a way to get my hands on a code.
yea but the people like me who weren't gonna buy jam will now get something extra for buying elite. Double-edged sword but the better version is on the wii if you have one.

# 30 gmac0322 @ 08/03/10 09:52 AM
If this is the big news for tuesday then this is a huge dissapointment. I give them credit for adding something to get you to buy Elite but I dont know how this is huge news that is going blow us away.

# 31 ODogg @ 08/03/10 09:57 AM
I have a Wii - what's going to make it the best version? It doesn't use motion controls I hope...

# 32 J-Clutch1 @ 08/03/10 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I have a Wii - what's going to make it the best version? It doesn't use motion controls I hope...
It has this extra mode where you go up against legends like Magic Johnson. It supposedly adds close to 20 hours of more gameplay. I don't know what else is there. But, I do believe the Wii version was their main version.

# 33 LingeringRegime @ 08/03/10 10:10 AM
I guess this is EA's answer to MJ. Should be interesting. It will definitely help their cause. I will still get 2K11, but I might check out Jam on the Wii.

# 34 ODogg @ 08/03/10 10:14 AM
ok, cool... but does it use regular controls on the Wii or some motion crapola scheme??

# 35 BreakingBentsch @ 08/03/10 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMan1486
Exactly.. that's a new way to make money. And someone can only imagine the headlines already: "Elite outsells 2k" ... Well, I think the attention JAM gets is nearly as high or maybe even higher than the attention ELITE gets because JAM really is something people are looking forward to with a smile on their faces...

But I'm not gonna do them the favour and buy elite now... hell no!
They are going to make more money out of the situation, they sure do, but they really mess around with a lot of people. Poor EA-move

# 36 Mbalmer @ 08/03/10 10:17 AM
This doesn't do anything for me at all. I was all excited to check what the big news was this morning, and then I get this. Oh well, it doesn't suck that they are giving us Jam, it just isn't anything that I care about.

I was wanting an announcement about being able to play either 29, 54, or 82 games in a dynasty. That is what is going to make me buy this game, not an NBA Jam code.

# 37 mrclutch @ 08/03/10 10:17 AM
Hey the game was going to be $60 bucks anyway so you can't complain about this move. I personally have no interest in Jam but still a nice marketing move. I wonder how much I can sell the download code for on Ebay?

Seriously though, now that EA has Magic and other legends for the Wii can someone please explain to me why we can't have them on Live? I realize there is no shot at Jordan but give us something.

# 38 Mintsa @ 08/03/10 10:20 AM
I was going to buy ELite 11......I was going to buy Jam off the PSN when it became available.

So....this is a win win situation. Great announcement !

# 39 LingeringRegime @ 08/03/10 10:23 AM
Quote:
ok, cool... but does it use regular controls on the Wii or some motion crapola scheme??
I would guess it is motion controls, but maybe there is an option for the old-school controller.

# 40 J-Clutch1 @ 08/03/10 10:34 AM
Quote:
k, i found the controls in a GameSpot preview

Hold Z for turbo, hit A to pass, and flick the remote up in the air to shoot, dunk, block, or do anything that requires jumping into the air.
Holding Z and pressing B will do an ankle-breaker crossover, holding B after grabbing a rebound will throw a flurry of elbows, and holding C and flicking the remote will perform a pump fake.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.