Home
Pro Evo 2011 News Post

Hands-On Preview

Quote:
"The goal brings a grin to my face, not because I’ve gone one nil up but because the move and the resulting goal felt so satisfying, something that I think the franchise had lost in the last few years. The reason it felt so satisfying was a result of all the improvements made this year including; the freedom of passing, the animations, the ball physics, the player models and the pace of the game which all combined in that one move to give an enjoyable simulated football experience."

Editing Explained

Quote:
"New options for editing leagues have been introduced - we can now add emblems to a specific to a league/Cup rather than just simply changing its name, and those emblems can be added to players’ sleeves too (left, right or both) much like the “football” logo seen in the Champions League mode. Also, drawing further comparisons with the Champs League - a specific entrance theme can be designated, adding a slight broadcast quality to the intro scenes."

Screenshots

Game: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 6 - View All
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Ermolli @ 08/03/10 09:00 PM
Good screenshots and preview, thanks

# 2 jvalverde88 @ 08/03/10 10:08 PM
Quote:
New options for editing leagues have been introduced - we can now add emblems to a specific to a league/Cup rather than just simply changing its name, and those emblems can be added to players’ sleeves too (left, right or both) much like the “football” logo seen in the Champions League mode. Also, drawing further comparisons with the Champs League - a specific entrance theme can be designated, adding a slight broadcast quality to the intro scenes.

Allied to this - a league/cup name audio file can be specified too. We didn’t test this - but I’m guessing that a short sound bite can be entered for commentary purposes? This would work well with the new intro commentary which now says team names, and even geographical references (“city rivalry” was mentioned in a match between two unlicensed London teams).

Other League based tweaks include the option to specify a particular match ball, and also the ability to edit league structure. We can now move teams from one league to another manually. Also, any editing done in PES 2010 can be imported with the “import prequel data”, which will save time for those that like to put a lot of manual work in.
Must have now.

# 3 rckabillyRaider @ 08/03/10 10:14 PM
editing options sound really good, especially since you can import data from pes 2010. I wonder how many slots for kits and stadiums there will be?

# 4 ezio @ 08/03/10 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
editing options sound really good, especially since you can import data from pes 2010. I wonder how many slots for kits and stadiums there will be?
Does that mean we will be able to bring over the MLS teams? If so, that is awesome.

# 5 ezio @ 08/03/10 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Must have now.
Being the huge soccer gan that I am I don't think I will play any other games once this comes out

# 6 jvalverde88 @ 08/03/10 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Being the huge soccer gan that I am I don't think I will play any other games once this comes out
Hopefully I can get the UK version, I don't think I can wait until November.

# 7 rckabillyRaider @ 08/03/10 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezio
Does that mean we will be able to bring over the MLS teams? If so, that is awesome.
we've already been able to create MLS clubs, but now it will be more authentic by adding the league logo, theme music and creating some stadiums.

# 8 aloncho11 @ 08/04/10 12:22 AM
Looks very promising!

# 9 JimmyDeicide @ 08/04/10 10:16 AM
Hopefully the goalies do improve as it will be a shame to have it be weak in one of the most important parts of the game. That Portugal goal was spoiled by the goalie just standing there ruining what looked like a pretty awesome sequence of events.
Im sold no matter what, what was holding this game back was the freedom in movement and passing especially after Fifas manual passing has been witnessed(Pure class).
Now all fifa has on Pes is Kits.

Long live the King. (2 Layer cake quotes in one post ,sweet)

# 10 ezio @ 08/04/10 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
we've already been able to create MLS clubs, but now it will be more authentic by adding the league logo, theme music and creating some stadiums.
I know. I am just wondering since you can import it now if it will actually bring everything over?

# 11 ty5oke @ 08/04/10 11:25 AM
I'll be adding what I can find to the first post.

# 12 CaptainZombie @ 08/04/10 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Must have now.
Oh WOW! This is starting to sound ultra fantastic. I guess I can start working on creating some teams in 2010 now since there is the import feature for 2011. I was going to get FIFA11 for sure, but now it doesn't look like it anymore after reading about some of these features. On top of that the gameplay is getting some good preview coverage so that is a plus in my book.

# 13 aloncho11 @ 08/06/10 03:36 PM
It's definitely not the final build (Konami even makes improvements after they release the demo) so hopefully the GK's will be fixed... plus IMO that Argentina vs Portugal seemed to be played on the easiest difficulty level..so that may also explain the cack Keeper.

# 14 KG @ 08/06/10 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
It's definitely not the final build (Konami even makes improvements after they release the demo) so hopefully the GK's will be fixed... plus IMO that Argentina vs Portugal seemed to be played on the easiest difficulty level..so that may also explain the cack Keeper.
& Messi running through that backline

# 15 aloncho11 @ 08/06/10 09:45 PM
Yep that one too..plus the user set the speed to +2 (that's a don't if you want a football simulation). I will be playing this at either the default game speed which is 0 or -1.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.