Home
Backbreaker News Post

The "Greathouse" patch for Backbreaker is now available for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

To find out what's in the patch, click here.

Here's some quick thoughts...

The CPU is better but could probably be even better. Time will tell on this one.
CPU can run. CPU can pass.
Sometimes the safeties just don't go after the ball resulting in an easy catch and other times they do. Probably has to do with focus ratings but doesn't look right when they sit back.
Instant replay is okay. It's not in the same league as WEs or NFL2k5 but after original version, you can see what's going on and have multiple views.
Teams may have been edited.

It looks like they did a bang up job! Time will tell on how it holds up.

Game: BackbreakerReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 51 - View All
Backbreaker Videos
Member Comments
# 21 adamgod8 @ 08/05/10 07:14 PM
this patch is AMAZING!...I have a renewed love for Backbreaker...Just had an e.pic game with WVU beating PSU 10-9 (winning TD with :06 left)...and that was on Medium!...i never lost a game on Hard before this patch and now the difficulty is legit

# 22 Card-me @ 08/05/10 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
this patch is AMAZING!...I have a renewed love for Backbreaker...Just had an e.pic game with WVU beating PSU 10-9 (winning TD with :06 left)...and that was on Medium!...i never lost a game on Hard before this patch and now the difficulty is legit
The game is very difficult now. I never lost on Hard before, and post-patch I'm 2-3. Honestly, I think they went a bit too far. It feels like playing NCAA on Heisman now. I just feel cheated. WRs can't catch, run plays get blown up in the backfield, there's perfect man coverage about 70% of the time. Tried playing on Medium and it was a little better, but I'll have to do several games to get a true feel for it.

# 23 adamgod8 @ 08/05/10 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
The game is very difficult now. I never lost on Hard before, and post-patch I'm 2-3. Honestly, I think they went a bit too far. It feels like playing NCAA on Heisman now. I just feel cheated. WRs can't catch, run plays get blown up in the backfield, there's perfect man coverage about 70% of the time. Tried playing on Medium and it was a little better, but I'll have to do several games to get a true feel for it.
Hard is too Hard for me right now post-patch...I was getting killed 28-0 when I quit and started a Medium game...hopefully when I completely master it I can start playing it again but right now Medium is a good difficulty I feel like

# 24 Card-me @ 08/05/10 07:51 PM
The patch has messed up downloaded rosters on PS3. Depth charts are all out of whack for some teams, and not just order, but in ratings. Tony Romo is now the lowest rated QB on the Cowboys roster, for instance. Same with Eli Manning on the Giants. They'll need to be completely redone with the new patch.

# 25 DaveDQ @ 08/05/10 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
The patch has messed up downloaded rosters on PS3. Depth charts are all out of whack for some teams, and not just order, but in ratings. Tony Romo is now the lowest rated QB on the Cowboys roster, for instance. Same with Eli Manning on the Giants. They'll need to be completely redone with the new patch.
Do you think that's why WRs are dropping so much or is that not related?

# 26 gr18 @ 08/05/10 08:06 PM
Rosters probably don't have to be redone.Try using a saved file of yours or downloading one and I think things should be alright.I have the 360 but think that the problem is what was in-game when accepting the patch.

For instance,if you tweak anything in the main screen for a team(gold star players,team bias)the ratings will completely change so I think that's what's happening here.

# 27 Card-me @ 08/05/10 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
Rosters probably don't have to be redone.Try using a saved file of yours or downloading one and I think things should be alright.I have the 360 but think that the problem is what was in-game when accepting the patch.

For instance,if you tweak anything in the main screen for a team(gold star players,team bias)the ratings will completely change so I think that's what's happening here.
Tried it, and they're still messed up. Downloaded a new roster file and uploaded it and it has the problems mentioned above. Also things like Ray Rice being the lowest rated RB on the Ravens.

# 28 gr18 @ 08/05/10 09:47 PM
I have to wait for the 360 update but would try saving the custom team file after the patch onto a flashdrive then copying and pasting the id numbers to the file(through modio)that I want to download then put that file onto my harddrive.

# 29 scitychamps87 @ 08/05/10 10:50 PM
@card-me- i have the same problem with my custom teams on ps3. we need to inform more people and natural motion so that they can fix it because if they dont i'll be real mad. it better be soon too.

# 30 JRod @ 08/06/10 12:43 AM
One of the biggest problems is that tackling is simply too good. Arm tackles are able to bring down guys with 100 in strength. I think this is going to be the best we'll see until BB2 and the game is still not balanced right. It's better and you get a challenge but it's not rewarding.

# 31 XBox_Roughneck @ 08/06/10 01:06 AM
Tackling is too good. Dropped passes are rediculous.

# 32 swaldo @ 08/06/10 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XBox_Roughneck
Tackling is too good. Dropped passes are rediculous.
What difficulty are you guys playing? Is this problem across the board on all difficulties?

# 33 pistonpete @ 08/06/10 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreez35
passing is easy guys......1st stop trowing over the middle the ss will clock you,2nd use lead pass and lead your man in to an open spot throw foucus catch ........boom move the chains its really that easy
the problem with your advice is that there are receivers in high school, college, CFL. AFL, and most certainly the NFL who can catch the rock in traffic and hold on to it. this patch doesn't account for that. it is true that if you lead the receiver and throw into an open space, he will,more than not, catch it, but i think they tuned the game too well as far as tackling. also, IRL not all SS and FS are heavy hitters, though in this game they are. also, the run blocking still isn't tuned good enough, though it is better. still too many missed assignments/underpowered G and RT/LT, and all of the ends i've run against play like Albert Haynesworth of 2007/8. other than that, it plays way better than the first iteration. not perfect, but what is?

# 34 pistonpete @ 08/06/10 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
What difficulty are you guys playing? Is this problem across the board on all difficulties?
i've always found passing to be intuitive, even before the patch. i played on hard/avg. form pre-patch, now i play on med/avg form post patch and have yet to win a game. that's mainly because i've thrown dumb pics and the CPU is better at moving the ball. play against the NE Militia and watch James Ashmore (Tom Brady) go to work. I played against them, and they scored on me in the first 1 1/2 minutes of a 5 minute game. It's been a while since I've played regularly, but it was nice to see the CPU challenge me. I think the dropped passes thing can be counteracted by playing on good form or something like that.

# 35 mgoblue678 @ 08/06/10 02:20 AM
Quick question for the PS3 players. In terms of tweaking the pass rush/pass blocking, they didn't go overboard did they? Is the pass rush still realistic in terms of qb's not having forever to throw?

# 36 Guffers @ 08/06/10 02:33 AM
Overall a big improvement but through the two quarters I played the dropped passes were indeed excessive. Anytime a receiver caught a pass anywhere near the D it was immediately dropped following contact. I prefer this to the INT festival pre patch but most of you guys are going to find it far too aggravating.

I'm willing to give it a few more games to try and settle in though.

# 37 Bigmofo @ 08/06/10 02:50 AM
Sounds like you need to get your skills up homie. Madden has spoiled you. No more R. Bush breaking 6 tackles, dodging two more and then running 80 yds for the td. In real football rbs avg 4 yds per carry. BB reflects that. Get used to it. I have no problem running the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
My two biggest problems are:

The run blocking isn't effective enough.
And tackles are too effective.

# 38 NFL2102 @ 08/06/10 04:12 AM
Apparently the patch messes with custom teams making them all the same ratings.

# 39 DavonBrown @ 08/06/10 05:24 AM
XBOX 360 PATCH IS LIVE!!!

# 40 DavonBrown @ 08/06/10 05:40 AM
Real Quick:
+More penalties
+CPU offense flows better
+CPU QB now sees the entire field
+CPU offense no longer audibles into goal line formation every play
+CAMERA!
+Kicking animations were sped up to prevent cheesing
+New plays add a lot more variety
+I am actually being challenged by the AI
-Custom teams are screwed up
-AI does not use juke and spins

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.