Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 coolcras7 @ 08/07/10 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
In terms of distance from the hoop, or in terms of the style of animation?
yeah that dunk needs to be completely removed from Artest dunk package.

# 82 ParisB @ 08/07/10 01:05 AM
Artest can throw down vicious dunks, but he doesn't get elevation like that..he is a more "grounded" player with tree trunk legs.

but here are some dunks from him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=816Di...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81h2Z...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MluE...eature=related

the distance in the clip of Elite isn't too bad, it's just the elevation doesn't look right because he's not a high flyer

# 83 23bluesman @ 08/07/10 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
I'm working on that today actually. We don't have player ratings in yet for in air collisions so it's a very simple algorithm that decides if one, both or none get altered and by how much.

What you see in this video is extremely rare in the game right now, which was one of the reasons we captured it.

I'll see if I can get you guys some examples of dunk on attempts that do get altered for some of the next videos so you can see the difference.

What you see here should really only play for a very, very strong player dunking on a very, very weak player.
Good to hear! Other than that, these clips were a treat, thanks.

# 84 coolcras7 @ 08/07/10 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
Artest can throw down vicious dunks, but he doesn't get elevation like that..he is a more "grounded" player with tree trunk legs.

but here are some dunks from him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=816Di...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81h2Z...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MluE...eature=related

the distance in the clip of Elite isn't too bad, it's just the elevation doesn't look right because he's not a high flyer
here is the fact Artest can score and he can play defense but he ain't going to look pretty doing either, that dunk was pretty to pretty for Artest plane and simple.

# 85 bryant24 @ 08/07/10 08:26 AM
on vid 3* the only one that can do that dunk in lakers in shanon brawon
artest can dunk but not from the freethrow line 0_0

# 86 COACH WEBB @ 08/07/10 09:17 AM
I can't to see more of this!

# 87 P21J @ 08/07/10 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Not really impressed, the animations still look arcadish and robotic.
Just a question, how does it look arcadish and robotic? I'm not flaming, I just want to know what he means by this.

# 88 mario_2324 @ 08/07/10 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant24
on vid 3* the only one that can do that dunk in lakers in shanon brawon
artest can dunk but not from the freethrow line 0_0
He took off from the half marks (really close to the restricted area) not the freethrow line......

# 89 idrisguitar @ 08/07/10 11:12 AM
also guys, i just want to comment, especially from what devs have mentioned in articles and interviews. that when proper 5-5 vids do come out. i imagine they wont be the prettiest things ever.

in fact i can see people being a bit let down. but apparently they are urging everyone to play the deo because it feels better than it looks.

thats just the impressions i got from comments, and its probably why they are picking and choosing their clips right now.

i dont mind anyway. all i care about is gettign the demo

# 90 bryant24 @ 08/07/10 11:29 AM
i know but its still far
no???

# 91 DGMikeBarker @ 08/07/10 01:09 PM
not bad. eager too play the demo

# 92 ParisB @ 08/07/10 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar
also guys, i just want to comment, especially from what devs have mentioned in articles and interviews. that when proper 5-5 vids do come out. i imagine they wont be the prettiest things ever.

in fact i can see people being a bit let down. but apparently they are urging everyone to play the deo because it feels better than it looks.

thats just the impressions i got from comments, and its probably why they are picking and choosing their clips right now.

i dont mind anyway. all i care about is gettign the demo
lol, they're not "picking and choosing" or hiding anything...you guys act like every game gets tons of videos 3 months before release. We haven't seen much from NHL 11 or Fifa 11 either, are you going to accuse those games too of hiding because people are going to be disappointed? We also haven't seen much from other sports games that include Jordan, are we going to accuse them too? You guys read too much into things sometimes. When they do show things, it's overcritical and not focusing on the good, and when they don't it's because they're hiding.

Lots of sweetness in the video clips shown, promising to be one of the best basketball games we ever played.

The only problem I saw so far was Artest jumping too far/high on that dunk. Not even Kobe these days can do a dunk like that in game situations. As somebody said, only a Shannon Brown or Ebanks (rookie) can probably throw a dunk like that from the Lakers side.

# 93 ParisB @ 08/07/10 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Young83
Not really impressed, the animations still look arcadish and robotic.
"ummm it's called a video game not real life"

it looks just fine

# 94 mario_2324 @ 08/07/10 01:42 PM
Quote:

it looks just fine
Lol. People don't tend to get that it is a VIDEO GAME.

# 95 tabulaRasa @ 08/07/10 01:58 PM
"this game is going to be awesome"... Every year is EAs year and then itīs not.
So letīs get this straight, we havenīt seen any sustained gameplay, short clips with clipping thatīs all... but yet, itīs going to crush 2k...
Based on that only one thing is true, EAs hypemachine is working as usual, because no other company got get away with a "OMG I CAN`T BELIEVE, 4 REAL, BEST **** EVVVA," with showing so little substance....
But every year itīs the same ; THIS IS LIVES YEAR (ELITE...ehm)
But sure ít looks alot better than NBA live, but then again, live ainīt NBA2k....

# 96 tabulaRasa @ 08/07/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
"this game is going to be awesome"... Every year is EAs year and then itīs not.
So letīs get this straight, we havenīt seen any sustained gameplay, short clips with clipping thatīs all... but yet, itīs going to crush 2k...
Based on that only one thing is true, EAs hypemachine is working as usual, because no other company got get away with a "OMG I CAN`T BELIEVE, 4 REAL, BEST **** EVVVA," with showing so little substance....
But every year itīs the same ; THIS IS LIVES YEAR (ELITE...ehm)
But sure ít looks alot better than NBA live, but then again, live ainīt NBA2k....
Oh, got lost in the hypemantra...
But anyhow, game sure looks better than previous efforts. And nice to see that lesser skilled players can mess up. Thatīs usually a big problem in all of EAs sport games, that thereīs not much difference between skilled and unskilled players, so nice to see.

# 97 CS10029 @ 08/07/10 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabulaRasa
Oh, got lost in the hypemantra...
But anyhow, game sure looks better than previous efforts. And nice to see that lesser skilled players can mess up. Thatīs usually a big problem in all of EAs sport games, that thereīs not much difference between skilled and unskilled players, so nice to see.
Live use to own the NBA market, you don't think EA misses that revenue? They have confidence this year it seems, it's gonna be fun to watch it unfold.

# 98 coolcras7 @ 08/07/10 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_2324
He took off from the half marks (really close to the restricted area) not the freethrow line......
dude stop being a homer, the dunk is unrealistic for Artest find me a video of him doing a dunk like that then we can talk, and there are other troubling aspects as well pierce sliding around jumping to contest a dunk when he was not even in the play any longer, and the fact that no other player besides Pierce and Wallace are aware of what is happening on the court.

# 99 YoungG @ 08/07/10 03:07 PM
is it just me or does anyone else think that elite will be one of the most downloaded demo's this fall?

# 100 coolcras7 @ 08/07/10 03:10 PM
Quote:

it looks just fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario_2324
Lol. People don't tend to get that it is a VIDEO GAME.
They implemented the physics engine so that they can make a more true to life experience so don't come with it just a video game argument if something does not look right, we have a responsible to offer constructive criticism so that they continue to improve on the game, and just making excesses is not helping.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.