Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

Examiner has posted an interview with Ian Cummings, Creative Director of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
Q: "How far removed is the Madden 11 demo from the final build in areas such as CPU adaption to user playcalling and gameplay?"

A: "The demo is about 5 weeks removed from final gameplay code in the retail game, not counting any issues that we may be addressing in title updates."

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigsmallwood @ 08/06/10 04:23 PM
Nice short interview. I wish somebody would ask about presentation and if/when they plan on making changes.

# 2 steelernation28 @ 08/06/10 04:33 PM
Finally someone not throwing softball questions. Nice

# 3 K_GUN @ 08/06/10 04:49 PM
look at that pic in the OP.....now THAT's how a DB should play a ball....not jumping straight up--back/head to the ball knocking the ball down.

better late than never

# 4 bigsmallwood @ 08/06/10 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
look at that pic in the OP.....now THAT's how a DB should play a ball....not jumping straight up--back/head to the ball knocking the ball down.

better late than never
I hope that is how it is 90% of the time rather than the blind batting of the ball! lol

# 5 wilson2k11 @ 08/06/10 04:55 PM
Yeah but..What about any changes to the offline franchise mode, I would of liked to of heard about that. Would of liked to heard some more on team play and how that goes with ranked games and how many to a team.

# 6 mr_president @ 08/06/10 05:08 PM
Quote:
5. GameFlow on the defensive side of the ball. Let's say I have an opponent who has decided to be tricky and put a WR in at HB/TE or a HB/TE in at WR to throw off how GameFlow reads the offensive huddle. Is there going to be any way to account for this or will this simply be a way for the offense to pull someone completely out of their GameFlow playcalling?

Ian: Remember, GameFlow is built for quicker and simpler Madden experience. The situation you describe above is what I’d expect to see from an advanced Madden gamer that is possibly trying to cheese you or the game (i.e. a WR at HB is an attempt to create a major mismatch). If you are playing a very advanced Madden gamer that is trying to exploit you, I can’t imagine that you’d want to delegate all your playcalling duties away...you’re going to want to try and make more manual adjustments with formation subs and pre-play adjustments to combat him.

didn't really answer this question

Quote:
6. Everyone appears to be very pleased with Locomotion gameplay in the Madden 11 demo. It's like a little throwback to the feel of the old PS2 days and everyone loves that. But it also seems like gang tackling is different. Did Locomotion have an effect on the Pro-Tak logic or is Pro-Tak gone altogether?
Quote:

Ian: We are very happy with the feel of locomotion as well. The two actually aren’t related really…and Pro-Tak is still very much active.
i would really really like to hear more about this, especially the gangtackling.

# 7 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/06/10 05:12 PM
Nice Q&A with Ian. But wasn't real happy with the franchise question. It still seems to me online franchise is going be the main focus going into madden 12. I really hope offline franchise mode will get equal attention like online franchise mode will. If not then EA will have alot of angry and upset fans of offline franchise mode later on. But good interview. Thank you Ian and Steveo for posting it.

# 8 Nev @ 08/06/10 06:23 PM
Nice interview but I just felt he was dodging a few of the questions.

# 9 CM Hooe @ 08/06/10 07:07 PM
I have this strange feeling that I've already read this interview somewhere else. Not sure where, though.

# 10 SteelBurgher @ 08/06/10 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev
Nice interview but I just felt he was dodging a few of the questions.
Yea 4real Ian needs to needs to be a politician

# 11 boritter @ 08/07/10 05:01 AM
I also noticed that pro tak seems less visible now.

# 12 BCBalla @ 08/07/10 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I also noticed that pro tak seems less visible now.
I noticed this as well, but hopefully with a patch, EA can fix this issue and make Pro-Tak more prominent in stead of defenders falling down for no reason

# 13 misterbroom12 @ 08/07/10 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN

better late than never
That is a good thing, but the WR is still just holding his hands right next to his body hoping for the ball to land there instead of trying to move his hands around the DB and catching it.

# 14 johnprestonevans @ 08/09/10 07:51 AM
Nice to hear that the old pre-snap adjustment buttons will be an option this year. I didnt like the strategy pad in the demo. But i want to hear more about presentation and the improvements (if any) made to the Extra Point.

# 15 NoSubs @ 08/09/10 08:38 AM
Ian on the Stategy Pad, "I think with Strategy Pad we underestimated the amount of people that really weren't willing to try a change to the control scheme that they were used to."

In my opinion, that comment sounds pretty condescending. I think people were definitely willing to try it, evidenced by the fact that they are still playing the demo. It is just that after trying it, the preference was for the old system which is more efficient (less button presses) and more ergonomic (on the 360 you don't have to move your hands from the regular controls).

If something has failed for logical reasons, man up to it. Don't just blame it on consumers by claiming they are too scared to try something new.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.