Home
Gran Turismo 5 News Post

According to Kotaku, Gran Turismo 5 is not done. Thoughts?

Quote:
"Gran Turismo, which was first revealed in 2006, was supposed to be out in March 2010. Then it was delayed to "TBA". It is now supposed to be out on November 2. Today is August 9.

The game is not done. "GT5 is getting to where it will be finished shortly," Gran Turismo designer Kazunori Yamauchi tweeted earlier today. Yamauchi seemed upbeat and noted that the development of GT games is always like this — that it's like they are nowhere near finished."

Game: Gran Turismo 5Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3Votes for game: 16 - View All
Gran Turismo 5 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 VDusen04 @ 08/23/10 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by randombrother
Ok let's see. I can only compare this game to GT5Prologue and Forza 1,2,3.
There was ALOT missing from Prologue. Online capabilities and functionality stunk. You just get on, race some random people and that's it. No friends or setting up your own races or anything of that nature so obviously they are working on that aspect.

There is no damage in Prologue. You hit another car and you guys just bounce around like pinballs. They are including that. They are improving that and might be taking it up a notch past what Forza has. (Body panels ,doors etc may fly off, etc.)

There's a ton of other things the game was missing that they are putting into it so that takes time. They also are putting in NASCAR and talk is the actual NASCAR rules will be in the game. So it shouldn't be just run some tracks with a bunch of NASCAR cars and that's it. Same for WRC rally, (I don't know about the rules with the rally but they are including WRC rally and rally specific track(s) ). Close to one thousand cars and who knows how many tracks and you can see how the game can grow.

It seems they want to pack every drivers dream in the game and they want it to be on point. They even have Go Karts.
Ha, go karts, nice. Thank you. Sounds like GT4 on HGH with damage and in-car camera angles. I wonder how many rally tracks will be present. Rally on GT4 was fun.

# 22 TheLifeOfSteve @ 08/30/10 10:36 AM
This game is going to be sweet if it comes out

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.