Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the OS Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 mvb34 @ 08/09/10 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
The second video showing collision is stupid because it is unrealistic you purposely put in wrong data to get a desired result, why don't you actually put in there real stats and let us see the results.

I thinks its called work in progress... plus he just wanted to show how collision will work..

# 22 YoungG @ 08/09/10 01:57 PM
i understand your point but you have to take things with a grain of salt...It's to show the differentiation of players from one extreme to the other. I don't think they want to show everything right now at 100%, especially because for one, its not 100% at the moment and because of the competition aspect. You just have to look at it for what it is, which is a a video show casing the point he was trying to make which is player differentiation.

# 23 Super Glock @ 08/09/10 01:58 PM
That video just didn't look good to me.

# 24 dexvex @ 08/09/10 02:02 PM
Quote:
I will not calm down, the video just does a disservice to the game, EA keeps putting out videos of an unfinished product then says oo we did not do this and this so that why it looks like that, you dont make one player 300 pounds any another player 150 pound then say see this is how collusion will look especially when the actually players are not that weight in real life, if they want us to see how they game will look show us when they have the real player properties in the game.
*sighs* again and again people show why they are not ready to see w.i.p footage. But yea if you can't understand the purpose of a vid like this then its pointless to try and argue with you so............

# 25 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/09/10 02:02 PM
They were doing it just to show the difference when a small player hits a big guy or a big guy goes up on a small guy.
I gotta say , on clip 5 , I liked the first dunk on animation , but the second one , to me the defender should have jumped. I like the act that he kinda changed his direction etc but I jus feel like for him to really lose that much control over his body and change his shot that much , the defender should have jumped.

# 26 Live_4real @ 08/09/10 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renewill27
Dude stfu and get off they damn nuts already. You been riding them since you joined here. People have a right to say what they want. Its seems like you dont see anything wrong when it comes to this game. Get your damn blinders of for a sec.
Yes you are completely right, that is why I pointed out flaws on that play, it is because I am blind for EA

The 2nd video helps us understand how the physics engine works in the game, the lines that where on the players, makes rEAnimator blog even more clear, and ratings will be a huge part of this

This is why, ratings gain even more importance, so they have to be very accurate, and for the last few years we have seen guys doing things that they were not supposed to (the Artest dunk showed what bad ratings can do)....

I donīt know if I speak for the majority, but I would like to see the same play, but with players having mid-air collisions, and changing the ratings, that would be nice

PeAcE

# 27 YoungG @ 08/09/10 02:07 PM
a video showcasing mid air collisions would be good, but this time show people who have the same or near the same about of weight,etc, to allow us to see the middle of the spectrum.

# 28 rEAnimator @ 08/09/10 02:18 PM
Quote:
I will not calm down, the video just does a disservice to the game, EA keeps putting out videos of an unfinished product then says oo we did not do this and this so that why it looks like that, you dont make one player 300 pounds any another player 150 pound then say see this is how collusion will look especially when the actually players are not that weight in real life, if they want us to see how they game will look show us when they have the real player properties in the game.
This video was captured in our animation tool ANT, and we don't have all the correct stats in there anyway. Just place holder someone typed in months ago.

I captured the video 10 minutes after I got the attribute part of the feature working on Saturday morning. How I demonstrated it to you in the video is exactly how I test the feature for myself.

The in air collision system has been in place for a while (the guy who did it has done an amazing job with it) but the attribute influence for dunk collisions only just got added.

Some feedback we got from the Artest video was that the dunker didn't get affected.

The point of the video was to show that with different sets of ratings, the dunker will get affected.

The easiest way to show that is to demonstrate with the extreme values.

That way you get the most obvious result and there's no confusion.

We're not going to release videos of every player colliding with every other player so you can see each subtle difference with their real ratings.

That's what the game is for

# 29 rEAnimator @ 08/09/10 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
They were doing it just to show the difference when a small player hits a big guy or a big guy goes up on a small guy.
I gotta say , on clip 5 , I liked the first dunk on animation , but the second one , to me the defender should have jumped. I like the act that he kinda changed his direction etc but I jus feel like for him to really lose that much control over his body and change his shot that much , the defender should have jumped.
I know what you mean...maybe I should have done that.

As I said in the video both players were user controlled, but I only have two hands

I probably could have made it work or called someone else over, but I was just trying to grab something quick to make the point that the dunker does get altered and the ratings do matter.

# 30 NoTiCe_O @ 08/09/10 02:24 PM
I guess i just pictured real time physics differently, I don't want them to fall for every dunk on, maybe Lebron on KG or Lebron on Duncan. But it seems like the physics is just a big bump. I figured limbs would get adjusted but still get the dunk off or somethin. This doesn't really look like real life dunk on sequences to me

# 31 NoTiCe_O @ 08/09/10 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
I know what you mean...maybe I should have done that.

As I said in the video both players were user controlled, but I only have two hands

I probably could have made it work or called someone else over, but I was just trying to grab something quick to make the point that the dunker does get altered and the ratings do matter.
Can a dunker get altered and still complete the dunk instead of throwing up a circus shot??

# 32 Haval93 @ 08/09/10 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
This video was captured in our animation tool ANT, and we don't have all the correct stats in there anyway. Just place holder someone typed in months ago.

I captured the video 10 minutes after I got the attribute part of the feature working on Saturday morning. How I demonstrated it to you in the video is exactly how I test the feature for myself.

The in air collision system has been in place for a while (the guy who did it has done an amazing job with it) but the attribute influence for dunk collisions only just got added.

Some feedback we got from the Artest video was that the dunker didn't get affected.

The point of the video was to show that with different sets of ratings, the dunker will get affected.

The easiest way to show that is to demonstrate with the extreme values.

That way you get the most obvious result and there's no confusion.

We're not going to release videos of every player colliding with every other player so you can see each subtle difference with their real ratings.

That's what the game is for

Any chance we can get an in-air dunk collision video? Also any chance of something like this happening in game. You see how both players bodies and hands adjust but Wade still dunks on him. Can you capture anything like this?

# 33 Nokstar @ 08/09/10 02:47 PM
Are we still getting a blog later today?

# 34 mario_2324 @ 08/09/10 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokstar
Are we still getting a blog later today?
yea....its about gameplay

# 35 noshun @ 08/09/10 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Glock
That video just didn't look good to me.
Bargnani slid so much.... in vid 4.

Same here... the last video after he changes the numbers around.. made the guy in the paint seem like a brick wall. The dunker reacted like he hit a peice of rubber. I never saw anyone bounce off a brick wall like that. Meh......

These videos arent even enticing me into thinking of buying this game. Even if its work in progress.. you should never show something like this which would make people still 2nd guess a product. You either show the product in a much better showing especially when consumer confidence in it is almost nonexistant, or dont show anything that make people even more hesistant. (this is just me though)

I'll keep watching the vids and that will prolly be about as far as Im interested.

# 36 mario_2324 @ 08/09/10 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Bargnani slid so much.... in vid 4.

Same here... the last video after he changes the numbers around.. made the guy in the paint seem like a brick wall. The dunker reacted like he hit a peice of rubber. I never saw anyone bounce off a brick wall like that. Meh......

These videos arent even enticing me into thinking of buying this game. Even if its work in progress.. you should never show something like this which would make people still 2nd guess a product. You either show the product in a much better showing especially when consumer confidence in it is almost nonexistant, or dont show anything that make people even more hesistant. (this is just me though)

I'll keep watching the vids and that will prolly be about as far as Im interested.
Thats why there is always options for another game lmao.....ppl here amaze me:laugh

# 37 Rocboyz101 @ 08/09/10 03:00 PM
Besides the slides, looked decent. Sliding has been in every bball game I can think of so I can deal with it if thats the worst issue.

# 38 mario_2324 @ 08/09/10 03:01 PM
Yea some ppl think the sliding is brand new

# 39 coolcras7 @ 08/09/10 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Besides the slides, looked decent. Sliding has been in every bball game I can think of so I can deal with it if thats the worst issue.
yeah but every game has not claimed to have a real time physics engine.

# 40 terminator t22 @ 08/09/10 03:11 PM
looking at that wade video they basically showed that with the artest dunk. the second collision video makes since, imagine your gf trying to dunk on shaq. weight was 150 strength 0. of course she would just bounce off. i would like to see a dunk o scenario after a full jump by both players. i feel like those videos were good if the guy under the basket just wanted to be on a poster but im sure someone like kg is gunna make a real block attempt and can u still finish a dunk after an in air adjustment?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.