Home
NBA Elite 11 News Post

For those of you that can't view the videos from OS, check out and subscribe to the OS Youtube channel.

Game: NBA Elite 11Reader Score: 2/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 5 - View All
NBA Elite 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 kumamae_33 @ 08/09/10 05:56 PM
The skating of bargnani bothers me a lot...

# 62 Tha_Kid @ 08/09/10 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTiCe_O
Hey rEAnimator, can you still dunk on someone even if the physics has altered you somewhat?
To piggyback on this question, are there missed dunks on someone where the physics plays a part? Basically can you get rim checked for trying to dunk on someone or in a situation where it is a really ambitious attempt, or is the only "miss" an altered circus shot?

# 63 rEAnimator @ 08/09/10 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel0078
Dang man, you put up with a lot of stuff and you do a great job of replying to just about everyone....You deserve a hand for that . I almost feel bad for you though, because I believe you came over here from the NHL series, right? Anyways, that series is tight and really doesn't have any competition....Yet here you are trying to win over consumers with Elite...You have a loooooooooong uphill battle my man and I commend you for fighting the fight and sticking around this long. But ultimately, I don't think you will see the success with Elite that you are used to with NHL. Good luck though and thanks for taking all the criticisms, it's got to be frustrating. Just know that very few of us (myself included) want to see Elite fail. We all want 2 strong/different experiences when playing video game basketball this fall. I'm just personally at a point where I can't see myself saying Elite is the superior series. Sorry.
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I actually started my career on FIFA where I worked for 5 or 6 years so I'm very familiar with competition as the FIFA vs. PES battle was intense for many years.

I did a very, very brief stint on NHL before moving on to build EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis on the Wii, then I did some animation technology work, then moved over to NBA for this year.

It's been great for me because it's such a focus for the company and we're trying to do so much in one year. Reminds me of my FIFA days.

I love a challenge and this year has had that and then some

But I'm really happy with what we've done. People will look back on this year with fond memories as the year basketball games changed, and I'm thrilled to be a part of that.

# 64 neptuneniq @ 08/09/10 06:06 PM
where was the contact with bargnani

# 65 Ermolli @ 08/09/10 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rEAnimator
Thanks, I appreciate it.

I actually started my career on FIFA where I worked for 5 or 6 years so I'm very familiar with competition as the FIFA vs. PES battle was intense for many years.

I did a very, very brief stint on NHL before moving on to build EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis on the Wii, then I did some animation technology work, then moved over to NBA for this year.

It's been great for me because it's such a focus for the company and we're trying to do so much in one year. Reminds me of my FIFA days.

I love a challenge and this year has had that and then some

But I'm really happy with what we've done. People will look back on this year with fond memories as the year basketball games changed, and I'm thrilled to be a part of that.
Where you in the transition years of Fifa when regained the top soccer game?(I believe it's the 08 game) Surely you would love (as many here) to do the same with Elite. Good luck on that

# 66 rEAnimator @ 08/09/10 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Where you in the transition years of Fifa when regained the top soccer game?(I believe it's the 08 game) Surely you would love (as many here) to do the same with Elite. Good luck on that
I lose track of the exact years but yes, I was there for the rewrite of '03 and the rewrite of '07 when we moved to 360/PS3.

I know we won't win everyone over this year with Elite, but I believe we will win over a large number of people. We'll be fighting reputation despite the quality of the game we release.

The competition is going to heat up from both sides, and in the end the consumer will be the ultimate winner.

It's a good time to be a basketball video game fan.

# 67 Hulkules @ 08/09/10 06:24 PM
Hey reanimator, where was the contact with Bargnani in clip 4 when the created player was about to make the pass for the alley oop? It just looks like there should have been some to affect the pass..

# 68 Joey Sauce @ 08/09/10 06:24 PM
if everyone else is ok with Bargnani moonwalking for about 3 feet...then i guess i am too

# 69 gmix411 @ 08/09/10 06:31 PM
Clip #5 was really interesting. What happens if the 300-pound lebron jumps? Will there be a difference whether lebron jumps early or late, talking about the animation?

# 70 JkA3 @ 08/09/10 06:39 PM
What's up with the camera angle. Why not give a better view of the vid. I know it's small, but it makes me question.

# 71 scottyp180 @ 08/09/10 06:42 PM
graphically i like how this game looks, the players models are the best I have seen in a basketball videogame. Player movement looks pretty good, something about the way the point guard drove look very realistic. I also liked that the point guard was able to toss an alley oop in motion, though i was crazy with how the finish looked. With that said there are some things that I didn't like about this video. skating issues, defensive problems, and player contact are ones that I noticed. It worries me a little bit that there are player contact and skating issues since these are two things that should have been addressed and improved with their physics engine. Its still too early to establish any kind of judgment, especially over a 30 second clip. I can't wait for the demo to come out to see how this game lives up to the hype.

# 72 Conda @ 08/09/10 06:42 PM
Just turrible.

# 73 FearlessKaz @ 08/09/10 06:45 PM
Just wondering, are the small weak players going to fall to the floor every time they get dunked on?

And if not, what's the deciding factor for a player hitting the floor? Does the contact location or momentum from the dunker matter in this case?

# 74 thetrueBROSKY @ 08/09/10 06:46 PM
anyone else notice the two #10s on the raptors??? two DMDR (derozen)s??

# 75 coolcras7 @ 08/09/10 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
am I the only one who noticed the players sliding around?
nope I think everyone did.

# 76 PVarck31 @ 08/09/10 06:54 PM
Guys, everyone needs to calm down. Its still early. What we are seeing is raw stuff here. Reanimator has said a number of times that all the factors such as ratings and bugs are keeping us from seeing what they really want to show us.

The devs are being very transparent this year. If you don't like something you see, tell them. In a constructive way of course. They will give you an explanation or you might even help them fix something they didn't realize was a problem.

# 77 TreyIM2 @ 08/09/10 07:13 PM
While I know this is game is still early and I have been a cheerleader as well as being honest about what I see in the vids, I didn't like this vid. Not seeing the real time physics like I thought I should. Okafur turned into a literal brick wall and did NOT even flinch when being run into. There should be have been some wobble of some sort to his stance on impact.

Also, the drive looked terrible. Dude collides with the defender but only the defender has a reaction to the impact and the dribbler just keeps on keeping on as if nothing happened. No kind of bounce back off the defender or nothing. Not good.

Another thing that bothered me was the lack of player to player awareness, although there was an instance of that when one player when around his own player to get into position. I want to see players using there arms and hands more when getting around others cuz players are always touching each other (lol) whether it's to brace themselves or use there hands and arms for leverage. Things like that.

And last but not least, the slippy-slippies are too apparent. I hope they can work on the footplanting much more.

# 78 Tha_Kid @ 08/09/10 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
And last but not least, the slippy-slippies are too apparent. I hope they can work on the foot-planting much more.
Agreed. There is talk about the collision (or lack thereof) with Bargnani but really AB was sliding all over the court the entire possession, particularly when he initially "steps" up to meet the ball-handler. I'd hope there is high priority placed on making sure the footplanting is solid.

# 79 DGMikeBarker @ 08/09/10 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
where do I start with the recent video, I really hope that was not the CPU on defense, the screen is established he sees it and still runs into the guy, second after the screen the point guard runs into the center and the center skates backwards.
The backwards skating looks bad. Looked like the defender couldn't hold his own. Everything else looks good to me tho.

# 80 pdawg17 @ 08/09/10 07:58 PM
C'mon guys...how many developers are willing to be this "available" and open about their progress? Do you think 2k's game is working realistically and perfectly at this point? I appreciate EA's "guts" with showing off an unfinished product...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.