Home
Madden NFL 11 News Post

The question I keep asking myself is whether Gameflow and the Game Planning features are a revolution in Madden NFL 11 or just another gimmick which is sure to go by the wayside in future years not unlike Weapons, the Vision Cone, and any number of other features.

It's not like we haven't been given a bevy of reasons to believe Gameflow isn't indeed another gimmick.

Read more - Is Madden's Gameflow a Revolution or a Gimmick?

Game: Madden NFL 11Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 96 - View All
Madden NFL 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 JaymeeAwesome @ 08/17/10 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
I could be wrong, but doesn't accelerated clock run off the set amount of time, not jump to a certain point? Say you set it for 20 seconds, doesn't it run off 20 seconds once you pick your play? Not jump strait to 20 seconds? For example, if you pick your play with 32 left on the play clock, it runs the clock down to 12 as opposed to jumping to the 20 second mark? If it just jumps strait to a specific time that you set, then, yes, you're right. But if it's a run-off, then my point still stands.
The accelerated clock runs the time off from the original play clock which is 40. So no matter how many seconds you let it run before hand 15 seconds will bring you to 25, 20 will bring you to 20, and 25 will bring you to 15 seconds.

# 142 roadman @ 08/19/10 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead

Just not a needed feature, IMO.
I disagree with this statement. I don't know if you went in and changed the offensive and defensive game plans on your own, but if you did, that would give you a sense of picking your own play. Also, this is part of the weekly experience of the NFL during the season. NFL coaches have about 35 plays to choose from every Sunday.

I just think we need to see more features to it. Stunts, assignments, etc......

Game planning is part of the NFL and should be in the game in some shape or form. Like you said, though, there is an option to go back to the old way.

# 143 petersondagreat @ 08/19/10 10:35 AM
Gameflow equals a dolled up Ask madden so i vote GIMMICK!!!!

# 144 Hova57 @ 08/19/10 10:41 AM
like sportfly you can't say gameflow is a gimmick without setting your gameplan and make sure you weight your plays . it is a really system to start with. if you want to be a run first team u can set it up that way. weighting the plays is where you'll get the best outcome. it works pretty well on offense , defensively i would like more options or situations, you should have a blitz setup incorporated but once again weight them you'll be fine. for some reason everyteam gameplan they have corner blitzes which i hate get those out, add some zone blitzes in your three wide packages take out prevent and cornerblitzes and add your man 2 cover zones and blitzes off of that you'll get a better response on defense.

its a good start they just need to add some more situations. plus you always have the option of calling your own plays in between which i suggest if you have a feeling bout something.

# 145 Exonerated @ 08/19/10 10:45 AM
Not all of us are madden gods (those claiming to know better than gameflow), the feature is an awesome addition. Now my friends can play. They always thought madden was too complex to break into.

# 146 roadman @ 08/19/10 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead

You have a different take on it, no problem. The great thing is that we both win given that it’s optional. I don’t think gameflow/planning is bad at all, it’s just not for me.
Yep, I agree, to each their own.

I didn't feel that if I set up my own game planning, that the game would be played out in less time than previous years.

And this isn't directed at you, I just wanted to point out to others who call out instantly a gimmick, that they can personalize their own game plan and put their own touches into it.

My speculation is that people don't take the time and try that and instead just call it a gimmick.

Glad you tried it.

# 147 Broncos86 @ 08/19/10 12:49 PM
I think some people are really struggling to see the forest for the trees. People here are, by nature, more serious Madden gamers. However, I've talked to several casual gamers who aren't massive football freaks, but want to play Madden. Each have said that Gameflow has allowed them to play Madden 11 and be introduced to play situations. One even said the offensive coord.'s explanations have helped him understand how a play should develop.

Gameflow is not a gimmick. This is a valuable tool that can be used by various people, both hardcore and casual, to open Madden up. Hardcores can simulate the feeling of being a player and having his organization calling the plays. Casuals get a football 101 approach to the game.

# 148 sirjam @ 08/19/10 08:49 PM
My thing is not knowing the number of times the coordinator will call a 4 star play.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.