Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

Just received a patch for NCAA Football 11.

Will update this post when an official fix list has been revealed, but until then, here are a few things that were possibly fixed, based on the NCAA Football 11 blog, a while back.

What are you seeing?

UPDATE: Based off feedback. Patch for NCAA Football 11, seems to have an issue with player attributes not updating, after training. (This could be a 360 only issue, still testing)

UPDATE #2: New tuner update fixes the progression issue on 360.

UPDATE #3: Post your impressions here.

Quote:
"-- RANDOM PLAY ACTION CRAZINESS - Sure it looks funny, but annoying as heck when it costs you a drive or a game. We're sorry we missed this one as well and apologize for the issue.

-- SEASON SHOWDOWN STATS REPORTING - The season showdown warning is harmless right now and this issue and related lobby problems ultimately get fixed with the update.

-- UNIFORMS THAT NEVER NEED WASHING - This is one of the more painful ones for us given all the work on visuals this year. The game actually does degrade uniforms; unfortunately we broke something in a final build that made the impact way too subtle. Consider this one solved with the update. And we want you to know that we've really been enjoying the great "Art of NCAA Football" threads. It's clear we have some incredible photographic talent in our community! So I expect things will go next-level when the update rolls out."

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 rudyjuly2 @ 08/11/10 06:47 AM
Downloaded the patch this morning (v1.02, 26 MB PS3) and played a dynasty game against Boise St.

First snap the cpu does a hard count to try to draw me offsides. I don't think I saw them do that before. They never drew my defense offsides even though I have them on aggressive all game. I don't usually play as a DL though and never jump the snap so I think they gave up on trying it after that.

Punt returns did seem to have better blocking.

Season Showdown still didn't work (not like I care).

Cpu RBs still cover up too much and the cpu still is blitz happy in bad moments.

I did see my cpu DL get a roughing the passer penalty when I didn't even think it was a bad call. Never saw that before nor have I ever drawn a roughing the passer call before (other than once myself when I know I hit the QB really late).

Kicking seemed easier. My imagination or did they change this? I hope this isn't true. Already have the sliders dropped and this would be a bad idea for online.

Overall I didn't notice much different but it takes me awhile to spot things. I'm sure guys will take a deeper look at any changes to man coverage and psychic CBs. I didn't seem to notice it as much in the game but one game is hard to tell much.

# 22 bcruise @ 08/11/10 06:48 AM
Boot screen is fixed (though it's still extremely difficult to pull off as most PA is in this game).

# 23 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt
After getting update, I loaded my dynasty and did the offseason stuff. I go into the training results and none of my players improved in any attribute, it's the exactly the same, wtf
Guys, this is absolutely true. I just tested out with my current dynasty, and none of my players improved after the training.

# 24 Kobalt @ 08/11/10 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobalt
After getting update, I loaded my dynasty and did the offseason stuff. I go into the training results and none of my players improved in any attribute, it's the exactly the same, wtf
Also started new dynasty and see if this was the case also...... it was the same. Nobody on my team got any training attributes.

Edit: Hopefully after This it's fixed.

# 25 DakkoN @ 08/11/10 07:10 AM
Wow. Fix a couple things and completely break a very important thing..

# 26 vaeath @ 08/11/10 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Wow. Fix a couple things and completely break a very important thing..
what did they break?

and i still cant download patch

Im east coast btw

# 27 Papi34 @ 08/11/10 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Got prompted for the patch on the PS3. Midwest here (Missouri).
Same for me in the uk.

# 28 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeath
what did they break?

and i still cant download patch

Im east coast btw
Your players don't improve after the training -- ZERO.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/1692131.page

Can anyone post this problem on that thread? I can't remember the password for my EA account. Maybe Russ can answer this ASAP.

Seriously, this bug is THE dynasty-breaker.

# 29 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 07:15 AM
I guess I won't download the patch if that is the case. With that said did anybody notice if the issue of the CPU running toward the middle of the field when they have room outside was better after the patch?

# 30 lsu4life86 @ 08/11/10 07:19 AM
just got the patch hope it fixes a lot

# 31 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsu4life86
just got the patch hope it fixes a lot

I am not sure you read some of the posts in the thread, but apparently some are saying it breaks training in the off season.

I am going to hold off downloading the patch to see if that is true or not. Whatever was in the patch is not worth it if it breaks training in the offseason.

# 32 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I am not sure you read some of the posts in the thread, but apparently some are saying it breaks training in the off season.

I am going to hold off downloading the patch to see if that is true or not. Whatever was in the patch is not worth it if it breaks training in the offseason.
It's definitely true. This is so freaking annoying. I swear, if it takes a week or two for EA to fix this problem .. I'm not gonna even go there.

# 33 Deegeezy @ 08/11/10 07:30 AM
So the patch breaks the tuner update? Nice.

Hopefully a little EA "online maintenance" fixes this.

# 34 morieeel @ 08/11/10 07:31 AM
Wierd. Simmed thru my Tenn. offline dynasty & training worked lots of 3&5's if thats normal. Currently simming my FSU offline dynasty. Probably start a brand new dynasty & test. PS3

# 35 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morieeel
Wierd. Simmed thru my Tenn. offline dynasty & training worked lots of 3&5's if thats normal. Currently simming my FSU offline dynasty. Probably start a brand new dynasty & test.
This is AFTER the patch?

# 36 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongsona
It's definitely true. This is so freaking annoying. I swear, if it takes a week or two for EA to fix this problem .. I'm not gonna even go there.
If I understand correctly, your seeing a +0 for all players in offseason training correct?

# 37 str8artist @ 08/11/10 07:36 AM
This patch does not break anything... Just finished a season, trained players went up 3-6 points. SMH

# 38 morieeel @ 08/11/10 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pongsona
This is AFTER the patch?
Yea downloaded it about 45 minutes ago

# 39 Pongsona @ 08/11/10 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
If I understand correctly, your seeing a +0 for all players in offseason training correct?
Yeah. That's correct. Well, rather than seeing"+0" next to players, there was just nothing. Just like when you look at team management from the main menu -- it was like that.

Let me simulate one more time since some people are saying otherwise.

I have an xbox 360.

# 40 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 07:39 AM
The patch is out for both systems. I was just able to download on both systems.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.