Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

After the frenzy this morning, EA has posted details on the patch. This is the official blog that will be out soon on the EA site. LTP #2 is also needed for the patch to have the full effect. It is available as of 9:10am eastern.

-----------------------------------------

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics
  • Uniform degradation has been fixed.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
  • Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
  • Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest
  • Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
  • Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
  • Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
Offense
  • Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
  • Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
  • Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
  • Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
  • Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
  • Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
  • Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective
Defense
  • Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
  • Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
  • Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
  • Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
  • Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
  • Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough
Special Teams
  • Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
  • Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
  • Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
  • Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
Other
  • Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
  • Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
  • Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
  • Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
  • Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
  • Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
  • Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 ndfan1993 @ 08/11/10 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'm a bit of a noob, but how do I download the patch and tuner? Does it automatically download when I turn on the game?
If you are connected to the internet it will automatically prompt you when you start the game to download the patch. The tuner will be prompted when the game welcome screen boots up.

# 22 mavfan21 @ 08/11/10 10:36 AM
So I guess the horrible elusiveness/juke ratings of the WR recruits is just not going to be fixed?

Disappointing. Oh well, Madden's out.

# 23 jdefreitas @ 08/11/10 10:38 AM
What about progression in dynasty mode??? I'm in the last game of my season and would like to know if it is ok to move forward as I have a fantastic recruiting class with my one star scrub team builder team.

# 24 WWF80sKid @ 08/11/10 10:40 AM
I really like it.

I've been waiting for the dirty uniforms. Played a game as Kentucky, against Louisville. But made it rain.

It wasn't a heavy rain, but a medium. Here are some pics.

The only complaint I have, is I got -55 sportsmanship. I started getting warnings in the 3rd quarter, because I'd pass the ball. It was a rivalry game. I was up by like 28, but still, they still pass, especially in the 3rd quarter.

I also went for it on 4th, when I was close to my endzone. I can see them thinking that as unsportsmanlike, but not passing in the 3rd quarter.

# 25 DirtyCobra @ 08/11/10 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thdudeabides
Here's my impressions after one half with 10 min quarters then I gotta go to work.

- Uniforms getting dirty was not very noticable at all by halftime, may be a subtle change

I have noticed this as well...Played a game in the pooring rain and midway into the 4th qtr Jerseys are still freshly pressed and nice and clean.....PS3 btw...

# 26 Rufus @ 08/11/10 10:42 AM
Did they fix the PA Pass problem? I didnt see it listed, however a few weeks ago in there blog they said they were going to fix PA.

# 27 CrimsontideuA @ 08/11/10 10:42 AM
Looks good so far.

# 28 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 10:43 AM
Eh, I take back what I said about psychic DBs. They still rear their ugly heads. Maybe it's because I have pass coverage at 60.

# 29 ActLikeYouCrow @ 08/11/10 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
I have noticed this as well...Played a game in the pooring rain and midway into the 4th qtr Jerseys are still freshly pressed and nice and clean.....PS3 btw...
could be the field surface you are playing on.

to clarify my earlier comment, i sincerely hope by tuned they mean passing accuracy and kicking distance/accuracy are worse.

# 30 thdudeabides @ 08/11/10 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
I was on PS3 as well, and playing in the rain.

# 31 CR Shepard @ 08/11/10 10:46 AM
And all is right in the World!!!!

# 32 crabcola @ 08/11/10 10:47 AM
So they fixed the 8 foot tall DL swatting passes down at the line, but what about the dang linebackers with 75 inch verticals knocking down all passes over the middle?? What about receiver elusiveness and agility?? What about DB's actually knowing your route before you even start?? Why would they make kicking better?? I already have my human sliders set to 5 and 15... I can't go much lower.

# 33 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 10:53 AM
People keep bringing up the low elusiveness for WR recruits, but Russ clearly stated it was done intentionally. You can disagree with it from a design standpoint, but it's not something that needs "fixing" like the PA glitch.

# 34 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcola
So they fixed the 8 foot tall DL swatting passes down at the line, but what about the dang linebackers with 75 inch verticals knocking down all passes over the middle?? What about receiver elusiveness and agility?? What about DB's actually knowing your route before you even start?? Why would they make kicking better?? I already have my human sliders set to 5 and 15... I can't go much lower.
I am looking at the generated recruits right now, and this looks the same. Still a lot of low agility and elusiveness ratings e for WR's. Not that I really expected it to be changed. Elusiveness may be a design choice, but don't see the purpose of having the agility ratings low as well.

I am noticing one change with the generated recruits and that is it looks like speed across the board is higher. I see a ton of 40 times in the sub 4.4 range. Granted I didn't pay close attention before to what the 40 times looked like, but I don't remember the 40 times being this high across the board. Looks a little overinflated to me.

# 35 mgoblue678 @ 08/11/10 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Bills9
Haven't downloaded yet, but was wondering if I will now have two separate tuner files loading up when I start the game, or if tuner set 2 just adds on to #1, and it's saved as one file?
Looks like all on one file. When you go to the tuners tab it only lists one file.

# 36 BleacherCreature @ 08/11/10 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsflame
is anyone else driven nuts by the ankle braces turning a weird shade of brown after the 1st quarter. Seems like that would have been an easy fix
Seriously?

# 37 xVVIllx @ 08/11/10 11:12 AM
I don't think they fixed the clean uniform problem for PS3...I tried a game in the rain as well, and they look the same throughout...welp.

# 38 CrimsontideuA @ 08/11/10 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Looks like all on one file. When you go to the tuners tab it only lists one file.

I can't wait to download it after work.

# 39 ActLikeYouCrow @ 08/11/10 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xVVIllx
I don't think they fixed the clean uniform problem for PS3...I tried a game in the rain as well, and they look the same throughout...welp.
what stadium were you playing in?

# 40 jerryrice4949 @ 08/11/10 11:16 AM
What about CPU depth chart. This ruins dynasty after several years because the CPU does all sorts of weird crap.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.