Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

After the frenzy this morning, EA has posted details on the patch. This is the official blog that will be out soon on the EA site. LTP #2 is also needed for the patch to have the full effect. It is available as of 9:10am eastern.

-----------------------------------------

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics
  • Uniform degradation has been fixed.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
  • Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
  • Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest
  • Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
  • Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
  • Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
Offense
  • Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
  • Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
  • Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
  • Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
  • Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
  • Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
  • Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective
Defense
  • Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
  • Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
  • Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
  • Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
  • Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
  • Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough
Special Teams
  • Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
  • Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
  • Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
  • Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
Other
  • Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
  • Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
  • Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
  • Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
  • Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
  • Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
  • Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Spanky @ 08/11/10 11:46 AM
Great that several issues were fixed. However, I didn't see some major problems on that list:

1. Has play-action passing been tuned so that you don't get sacked 85 percent of the time?

2. Has blocking on punt and kickoff returns been adjusted to allow for more yardage?

3. Have they fixed the schedule issue where some schools have only 11 games, including some (Wisconsin and Washington State, included, I believe) that are missing a conference game?

# 62 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 11:47 AM
CPU pass coverage appears to be better.

FYI - I am using the Varsity sliders in the OS Legends OD thread.

# 63 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You could do the same pre-patch because there was never an all or nothing with PA. FWIW, I believe the sliders just need to change for post-patch versus pre-patch to change the effectiveness of play action. Pass rush in general plays different, pursuit plays different, etc.
No, you couldn't. Believe me, I tried. I didn't even upload all of my playaction attempts. I had 6 overall, and only on one did I have to unload quick due to pressure, and that was on a six man rush. Pre-patch, I'd have a lineman in my face nearly every time, even on a 4-man rush, because the OL would do the Electric Slide and let the D waltz right in the pocket.

I think the reduced blitzing from the CPU is also partially at play with my PA success.

# 64 crabcola @ 08/11/10 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I am looking at the generated recruits right now, and this looks the same. Still a lot of low agility and elusiveness ratings e for WR's. Not that I really expected it to be changed. Elusiveness may be a design choice, but don't see the purpose of having the agility ratings low as well.

I am noticing one change with the generated recruits and that is it looks like speed across the board is higher. I see a ton of 40 times in the sub 4.4 range. Granted I didn't pay close attention before to what the 40 times looked like, but I don't remember the 40 times being this high across the board. Looks a little overinflated to me.
Thank you, blue. I got to my first class, post-tuner, and discovered the same thing. No change to ELU and AGI.

# 65 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Great that several issues were fixed. However, I didn't see some major problems on that list:

1. Has play-action passing been tuned so that you don't get sacked 85 percent of the time?

2. Has blocking on punt and kickoff returns been adjusted to allow for more yardage?

3. Have they fixed the schedule issue where some schools have only 11 games, including some (Wisconsin and Washington State, included, I believe) that are missing a conference game?
Look at my last two posts in this thread for visual evidence and further explanation.

# 66 jello1717 @ 08/11/10 11:53 AM
I'm at work so I can't check this. I've put my dynasty on hiatus until the progression stuff was fixed. After LTP1, a lot of it was fixed, but they said that they wouldn't fix the kickers until the patch. Could someone test out this part of the patch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA blog
Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
This makes it sound like KPW and KAC will progress more, but I'm curious if the recruits have been fixed to start out with more KPW and KAC. Did the majority of kickers go from this from FR -> SR:
KPW: 50 -> 60

to this:
KPW: 50 -> 90

or this:

KPW: 70 -> 90?

Since most teams only carry 1 kicker, if they only fixed progression, then it sounds like teams could still have a year or 3 of very poor kickers.

Thanx!

# 67 mcpheje @ 08/11/10 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I took a little deeper look at the 40 times. I count 124 players with a 40 time of 4.4 or under. Acceleration looks about the same at least to somewhat balance out the speed.

With that said ,were there that many guys with sub 4.4's before the tuner/patch? Just seems like a pretty high number.
124 guys out of over 2500 recruits, seems perfectly realistic to me.

# 68 Hiro1 @ 08/11/10 11:56 AM
Well Im playing Rice @ SDSU and im totally seeing dirty unis. SDSU all black uni is clearly dirty my RB is the worse.

PS3 by the way

# 69 rudyjuly2 @ 08/11/10 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
You could do the same pre-patch because there was never an all or nothing with PA. FWIW, I believe the sliders just need to change for post-patch versus pre-patch to change the effectiveness of play action. Pass rush in general plays different, pursuit plays different, etc.
What difficulty level do you play on and what changes will you be making?

# 70 stoncold32 @ 08/11/10 12:01 PM
sweet, I can confirm we have mud on PS3. I guess you have to be in medium rain though.

# 71 callmetaternuts @ 08/11/10 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
sweet, I can confirm we have mud on PS3. I guess you have to be in medium rain though.
What about no rain, any grass stains or anything?

# 72 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
What difficulty level do you play on and what changes will you be making?
All-American, Coach Mode, and pass rush and rush defense sliders must stay somewhat neutral after the 2nd patch IMO. The pursuit is just too powerful now and high pass rush sliders (75 and above) mean insta-sacks on PA still if anything more than 4 men are rushing. Like I said, this isn't a game problem but a slider problem for those who tinkered pre-patch.

Hopefully lowering pass rush sliders won't result in QB's having 10 seconds in the pocket on 3 and 4 man rushes on non-PA plays.

# 73 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
What about no rain, any grass stains or anything?
As pointed out in my post with the videos, there were dirty uniforms in the game I played at Notre Dame with no percipitation.

# 74 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 12:13 PM
Slider tweaks are a must after the patch. Specifically the CPU Pass Coverage and INTs.

# 75 BadAssHskr @ 08/11/10 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_GoBlue
The only complaint I have, is I got -55 sportsmanship. I started getting warnings in the 3rd quarter, because I'd pass the ball. It was a rivalry game. I was up by like 28, but still, they still pass, especially in the 3rd quarter.
Call me crazy, but I really like the sportsmanship thing. When the game came out I was stoked to see the points add up when making a non cheese call. Glad that is back on track.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you were cheesing by any means, but I do think it's a cool addition to get points when you make a logical call, and user tackle, etc.....

To me it kind of brings the game alive in a different kind of way.

Kind of goes to show how important being online is for the game.

And to the EA team, this all looks outstanding! Will be playing my bowl game tonight, and can't wait to see all the updates in effect!

Thanks for all your hard work, and giving us one of the best NCAA titles in my lifetime.

# 76 speedkills @ 08/11/10 12:14 PM
Dirty uniforms: check
Scuffed helmets: check
weather: clear

# 77 yoda43 @ 08/11/10 12:15 PM
  • Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
  • Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
  • Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
Just curious if anyone has had a chance to check the PS3 Voice Communication fix. I know with all the TRAINING PROGRESSION madness this morning this probably wasnt very high on most peoples list of things to check, so of course I havent seen any threads about this, and havent seen this mentioned in this or the other patch #2 thread yet. I am at work so i cant really test it, just curious as I am really getting tired of having to always party chat with everyone on my cell phone....have to constantly charge it. So if anyone can confirm that this has been fixed, please post.

Thanks All!

# 78 SoulAssassin @ 08/11/10 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
only issue i have i didn't see addressed is cb running routes before wr gets into break
this needs to be done^

# 79 no juice @ 08/11/10 12:17 PM
These improvements are right on time. I don't see many others things that needs to be improved.

# 80 erickonasis @ 08/11/10 12:17 PM
awesome job for once EA!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.