Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

After the frenzy this morning, EA has posted details on the patch. This is the official blog that will be out soon on the EA site. LTP #2 is also needed for the patch to have the full effect. It is available as of 9:10am eastern.

-----------------------------------------

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics
  • Uniform degradation has been fixed.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
  • Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
  • Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest
  • Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
  • Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
  • Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
Offense
  • Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
  • Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
  • Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
  • Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
  • Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
  • Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
  • Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective
Defense
  • Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
  • Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
  • Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
  • Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
  • Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
  • Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough
Special Teams
  • Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
  • Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
  • Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
  • Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
Other
  • Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
  • Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
  • Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
  • Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
  • Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
  • Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
  • Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 georgiafan @ 08/11/10 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79
Before I left home I played Alabama @ Auburn in the rain and did not see anything. I hope that was just a coincidence.
someone here said they think it has to me medium rain and not light rain not sure if thats true

# 102 J-Unit40 @ 08/11/10 12:52 PM
First full game is in the books (me as FSU vs GaTech)

FSU 7 GaTech 13

First Downs 12 - 15
Offense 284 - 225
Rushing 20 car 31 yds, TD - 43 car 141 yds, TD
Passing 18-38 253yds 0-5 INT - 7-10-82 yds 0 TD,
Turnovers 6 - 2
Sacks 1 - 4

Thomas 8 car 70 yds, TD

Nesbitt 21 car 56yds, long of 13
Allen 12 car 42 yds
Cox 3 car 26 yds, TD

I saw two offsides penalties and a defensive PI called. Yay!!

Ponder had 5 INTs. Wow! 3 were in the redzone. This was the most TO's I have had in a single game.

I did see Cox and Allen both hit their stride when the hit the second level. However, it was very quick because the safeties closed in pretty quickly.

Very fun (and agonizing) game in the rain at Doak.

Again, this was played on Varsity sliders that we use in the OS Legends OD.

This game was for you taternuts.

# 103 TimLawNYC @ 08/11/10 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Call me crazy, but I really like the sportsmanship thing. When the game came out I was stoked to see the points add up when making a non cheese call. Glad that is back on track.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you were cheesing by any means, but I do think it's a cool addition to get points when you make a logical call, and user tackle, etc.....

To me it kind of brings the game alive in a different kind of way.

Kind of goes to show how important being online is for the game.

I think this is an example of a feature that is a good idea/concept, but isn't fully executed correctly. The idea that the game judges sportsmanship is a good one--it's the same thing the media would do in real life (if a team is throwing deep late in a game while blowing out their opponent, you'll hear the criticism on SportsCenter).

The problem is just that the way the game judges is too simplistic, and unfairly penalizes certain teams. For instance, if you're running an Air Raid offense, short/medium passes are your bread and butter and the usual way you gain first downs or maintain possession. Most Air Raid teams have lackluster running games and few rushing plays to choose from. With a lead late in a game, an Air Raid team gets a sportsmanship penalty for every 4-yard completion on a crossing route, even though that is the normal (and maybe only) way that team moves the ball. It's not as if they're trying to run up the score, they just don't trust the running game at all. The game needs to take stuff like this into account when it judges whether or not something is "good sportsmanship," rather than simply applying the formula "Any late pass with lead = bad person".

# 104 blkprince04 @ 08/11/10 12:53 PM
xbox 360 i just played a game with michigan vs fresno state, the unis deffinently gets dirty i seen scratched n muddy helments also yesssssssssssssss......

# 105 LionsFanNJ @ 08/11/10 12:53 PM
I can confirm that the PS3 does have the uni degredation, at least in heavy rain. Playing VT @ UM and in the first Q after running Graig Cooper about 5 times his pants and jersey got some stains on them. Will need to see if it happens on a non rain/light rain day.

# 106 Lavar @ 08/11/10 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Have you noticed better CPU running, and less cpu quick snapping so far?

The CPU/AI still has no clue about clock management, But I have seen them fake hike a few times now in fact alot compared to years past as it was none. And I 've seen CPU lineman jump offside, amazing.

# 107 mjarz02 @ 08/11/10 12:55 PM
LTP #2...anybody have info on the latest tuning set?

# 108 callmetaternuts @ 08/11/10 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
First full game is in the books (me as FSU vs GaTech)

FSU 7 GaTech 13

First Downs 12 - 15
Offense 284 - 225
Rushing 20 car 31 yds, TD - 43 car 141 yds, TD
Passing 18-38 253yds 0-5 INT - 7-10-82 yds 0 TD,
Turnovers 6 - 2
Sacks 1 - 4

Thomas 8 car 70 yds, TD

Nesbitt 21 car 56yds, long of 13
Allen 12 car 42 yds
Cox 3 car 26 yds, TD

I saw two offsides penalties and a defensive PI called. Yay!!

Ponder had 5 INTs. Wow! 3 were in the redzone. This was the most TO's I have had in a single game.

I did see Cox and Allen both hit their stride when the hit the second level. However, it was very quick because the safeties closed in pretty quickly.

Very fun (and agonizing) game in the rain at Doak.

Again, this was played on Varsity sliders that we use in the OS Legends OD.

This game was for you taternuts.
There's hope for you yet. Except stop trying to discredit Ponder with your poor stick skills. We don't take kindly to that.

What needs to be amended still, sliderwise or other?

# 109 Dawkins#20 @ 08/11/10 12:58 PM
Any word on whether any progression AWR issues have been fixed? Also are they planning on fixing this anymore at all?

# 110 stoncold32 @ 08/11/10 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79
Before I left home I played Alabama @ Auburn in the rain and did not see anything. I hope that was just a coincidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
I'm hoping this isn't the same problem that Madden currently has, which is there's dirty uni's in the XBOX version, but NOT the PS3 one..........
PS3, and I have seen unis in both medium and light rain.

Medium was much more substantial, and in light rain it was still there, but not as much dirt. I only played 1-2 min qrts to test, gave the ball to the RB every play.

# 111 catch3117 @ 08/11/10 01:00 PM
any idea if the dirty is representative of the moves...for example if on the opening kickoff if I dive with a player does the front of his jersey get dirty?

# 112 clemsonfan @ 08/11/10 01:01 PM
Can someone confirm if zone defense is at least a viable option? I saw where Russ said they addressed flat and deep zones; however, I am wondering do the defenders still just stand their clueless while receivers run through their area. I'm sure man is always going to be the preferred pass defense on this version but I'm hoping the patch can at least salvage zone defense enough to be useful as a change of pace once in a while.

# 113 outkaz79 @ 08/11/10 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
PS3, and I have seen unis in both medium and light rain.

Medium was much more substantial, and in light rain it was still there, but not as much dirt. I only played 1-2 min qrts to test, gave the ball to the RB every play.
Thanks man, I was getting worried.

# 114 WWF80sKid @ 08/11/10 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
What qtr did you start seeing the unis getting dirty???
Somewhat early. I made it raining. It progressively got worse.

# 115 Zhariken @ 08/11/10 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
That's a beautiful pic.
It would've been a better picture if a UCF defender was driving him into the dirt

# 116 Card-me @ 08/11/10 01:03 PM
Quote:
Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
Finally.

I find it hilarious in retrospect to go back and read the threads on this issue (like here for example) or the comments on my own YouTube playlist demonstrating the problem and seeing comments like "this is just good football north-south running" or "I don't ever see this problem" or "you guys are imagining things, quit complaining."

Either way, glad to see they addressed it. I'll have to play the game to really see how much better it is.

# 117 Miden @ 08/11/10 01:05 PM
Nice progression fixes so far from what I've seen. Not bad game play fixes either. NCAA 11 will turn into a good game if they keep listening to the players and fixing what needs to be fixed in these patches.

# 118 dalecooper @ 08/11/10 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
Finally.

I find it hilarious in retrospect to go back and read the threads on this issue (like here for example) or the comments on my own YouTube playlist demonstrating the problem and seeing comments like "this is just good football north-south running" or "I don't ever see this problem" or "you guys are imagining things, quit complaining."
Yeah, pretty comical. If you play this game for more than a couple days you will see this all the time, and even start anticipating it. It was kind of sad not having to take a proper angle to a sideline runner just because I knew he would break it back inside and get tackled by four guys. In a game last night, I was about twenty yards deep playing a safety, and when I twitched toward the sideline the halfback turned and literally ran horizontally back into my defensive line - even though I was the only defender outside and he had an auto-ten yard gain, more if I missed the tackle. I really hope the patch has done something about this.

# 119 caspermatic @ 08/11/10 01:08 PM
In season progression?

# 120 LionsFanNJ @ 08/11/10 01:09 PM
Man, I'm playing VT and Williams is running all over me. A few times he's broken big ones to the outside, and Taylor has ran some sweet speed option plays for nice gains.

Also, FINALLY the PA boot screen works, and when it works well....nice gains.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.