Home
NCAA Football 11 News Post

After the frenzy this morning, EA has posted details on the patch. This is the official blog that will be out soon on the EA site. LTP #2 is also needed for the patch to have the full effect. It is available as of 9:10am eastern.

-----------------------------------------

Hello again NCAA Fans!

I'm Russ Kiniry and I'd like to welcome you to Client Update 2 for NCAA Football 11. You should be able to download the update now (it will automatically download when you start the game). Roy talked about this update coming a while back in his blog 'Thank You' and I brought it up again when we released Live Tuner Pack 1 last week. I am happy to finally say it is here, and we've got a long list of tweaks, tunes, and fixes. Many of these changes were requests straight from you, the fans of NCAA Football, so it was very important to us to get them in the update. Enough words, let's get to the list!

Graphics
  • Uniform degradation has been fixed.
  • Fixed a graphical issue with TeamBuilder sideline home uniforms.
  • Fixed several camera bugs (pulled back on field goals, blurry cameras, and replays after a change of possession)
  • Fixed helmet numbers for Rice and Wake Forest
  • Resolved an issue with Season Showdown, allowing us to turn it back on, so you're upload failure message every time you go in/out of game is gone!
  • Fixed a couple freezes related to lobbies
  • Fixed voice communication in Online Dynasty Hub on PS3
  • Fixed an issue that could lead to a disconnect in online play during play calling
Offense
  • Fixed an issue on a couple plays where the QB would miss a hand off and run backward
  • Reduced the chance that the ball will be knocked out when a receiver is hit at the time of the catch
  • Tuned the CPU ball carrier so that they will break to the outside more often when appropriate
  • Tuned how the CPU ball carriers utilize leans and special moves so that they won't be used in situations when they shouldn't (e.g. a HB in the open field will not put his shoulders down when running forward)
  • Tuned pass accuracy and the ability to lead a receiver
  • Tweaked sideline catch animations in the end zone so that they have a bit more room to play
  • Fixed an exploit where backwards passes could be overly effective
Defense
  • Fixed defensive reaction to pump fake to be more balanced. Skilled defensive backs will not be as easily fooled by pump fakes.
  • Tuned the Aggressive Defensive Line Gameplan to have more risk of jumping offsides
  • Removed a hesitation from defensive lineman pass rush on screen plays
  • Improved flat zone and deep zone coverage
  • Tuned man coverage reaction to the run
  • Adjusted CPU pursuit angles in some specific cases where they weren't being aggressive enough
Special Teams
  • Tuned onside kicks to be less predictable
  • Fixed an issue where catching a kicked ball after hitting the goalpost would result in kicking team getting the ball back
  • Fixed an issue where the punter could line up out of place
  • Adjusted cross bar collision on field goals and extra points
Other
  • Tuned CPU clock management where they would let the clock run out in some cases they shouldn't
  • Fixed a bug with time of possession tracking
  • Adjusted substitutions to be more intelligent (previously would see some weird players in the game with lots of aggressive no huddle)
  • Fixed a couple places where the wrong custom stadium sounds would play
  • Fixed a bug that caused Road To Glory to be simulated day by day near the end of the season
  • Tuned Kick Power and Kick Accuracy of progression of kickers and punters in Dynasty Mode
  • Fixed a couple infrequent game lock-ups

Again, I want to thank you for providing us with all the feedback you have thus far, and encourage you to continue to do so. It's safe to say this is the biggest update in NCAA History. We wanted to be sure that we continue to improve your experience while playing NCAA Football 11, so this update touches almost every area of the game. You can look forward to more Live Tuner Packs for NCAA Football 11 in the near future.

This update is for you Mr. Passionate-NCAA-Football-Gamer.

-Russ Kiniry
Designer NCAA Football

Game: NCAA Football 11Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iPhone / PS2 / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 83 - View All
NCAA Football 11 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 BroMontana82 @ 08/11/10 01:10 PM
can someone confirm or comment on the patch messing up off season training progression on the 360?

# 122 lilloreo @ 08/11/10 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
can someone confirm or comment on the patch messing up off season training progression on the 360?
Already been confirmed as being FIXED with the release of the 2nd tuner file on the 360

# 123 BroMontana82 @ 08/11/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilloreo
Already been confirmed as being FIXED with the release of the 2nd tuner file on the 360
ahhhh ok i missed that part, thanks man.

# 124 Tovarich @ 08/11/10 01:18 PM
Patch 3 better fix all the scheduling problems. That with the wonky depth chart problems a few years in, dynasty is still really messed up and needs to be fixed badly.

# 125 Rebel10 @ 08/11/10 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Dirty uniforms: check
Scuffed helmets: check
weather: clear

This pic made me stop browsing and just look at it. I wish that I could go back in time, like 15 years ago, when I was playing Madden '95 or '96 and be like "Hey, 11-year-old me, look at what football videogames are going to look like when you're 26" and show that image.

# 126 stoncold32 @ 08/11/10 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by

[QUOTE=SECElite3;2041454202
Few things I noticed: XBOX 360 (after patch)

- QBs will run when the pocket breaks down. This was great to see!

Uniforms do degrade on all surfaces in all types of weather, including domes (this was tested at the Kibbie Dome)

- Runners still protect the ball in the open field but it is just not as frequent

A few questions for some of you that have played online:

Do the uniforms degrade online?
Are the cheese plays such as the counter, stretch, runs to the outside still difficult to defend against? This is my one true beef with this game.
wait....when you say they degrade on all surfaces are you saying theres dirt in domes, OR just uniforms tearing/ripping?

# 127 JTMoney31620 @ 08/11/10 01:25 PM
Will the patch changes take effect in a dynasty that was started pre patch?

# 128 Dale @ 08/11/10 01:36 PM
are the natural fields degrading btw after this patch?

# 129 crumb @ 08/11/10 01:37 PM
Strange. Played a play now game and the unis and helmets were filthy. Playin my OD game and everything is clean as a whistle. BTW, its raining in my game and not a scuff or anything.

# 130 Card-me @ 08/11/10 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Great.

I love the fact that the "Ballcarrier Glitch and Kickers Glitch" were fixed. These two were becoming game killers for me.

It's too bad the "Penalties" weren't tuned higher.

Good work.
They didn't mention it, but I think they actually were. I just played my first game and had like 5 facemask penalties called. That's the only one that really stuck out, though, as there were just 15 in the game overall (still a little high, but it was Syracuse and Louisville).

I will say this, though. Season showdown working again has reminded me just how much it drove me crazy last year. In the aforementioned game, I was up 42-0 in the first quarter (Playmakers sliders need to be adjusted badly), 4 TDs off of two fumble returns and two INT returns, and as soon as I threw a pass in the second quarter I got a -50 for sportsmanship. I mean, come on, man.

I had to sim the rest of the game, because what fun is it if I have to run 3 times then punt every single possession?

# 131 Playmakers @ 08/11/10 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
People keep bringing up the low elusiveness for WR recruits, but Russ clearly stated it was done intentionally. You can disagree with it from a design standpoint, but it's not something that needs "fixing" like the PA glitch.
Agility should be boosted up but elusiveness is just fine.....

You see i don't think many people really know how elusiveness works and what it does in this game.

I finally convinced guys in the roster section that it helps big time for mobile QB's but you don't want every player in the game having a high elusiveness because it should be for special game changing players like a Peter Warrick or Johnny Rogers type.

The reason why some WR's break so many tackle is because they have a high elusiveness rating along with an OVERATED break tackle rating at default.

If you look at Madden 10 and 11 you'll see only big time WR's have a high elusiveness rating. So it is done by design and i agree with EA for utilizing the same low ratings system for that rating in NCAA 11 like they have in Madden

Why should the college players be rated higher than NFL players in that category?

I wish some guys would actually take the time out to study the ratings and what they are meant for before jumping to conclusions....they are doing the same exact thing in Madden so it's not just NCAA have that rating toned down big time.

# 132 southernbelle @ 08/11/10 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79
Before I left home I played Alabama @ Auburn in the rain and did not see anything. I hope that was just a coincidence.
how is that a "coincidence"?

# 133 crabcola @ 08/11/10 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTMoney31620
Will the patch changes take effect in a dynasty that was started pre patch?
Yes it will apply to previously started dynasties

# 134 Motown @ 08/11/10 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outkaz79
Can someone confirm or not if the uniforms on PS3 get dirty like this? If so can I get a pic? I played one game before I left home and did not see any dirt.
This pic is PS3

# 135 Manbearpig @ 08/11/10 01:52 PM
this game could be great, but the CPU blitzes the corners, safties, and even sometimes LBs ALL AT ONCE on almost every 3rd down, and almost everytime I am able to complete a pass on a screen or slant resulting in a first down, even with my accuracy slider at 10, its a game killer (IMO)

# 136 youALREADYknow @ 08/11/10 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig
this game could be great, but the CPU blitzes the corners, safties, and even sometimes LBs ALL AT ONCE on almost every 3rd down, and almost everytime I am able to complete a pass on a screen or slant resulting in a first down, even with my accuracy slider at 10, its a game killer (IMO)
Change the defensive play calling aggression sliders in your dynasty for all teams.

# 137 Manbearpig @ 08/11/10 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Change the defensive play calling aggression sliders in your dynasty for all teams.
what about for play now? I'm sorry, but the fact that I have to do that for every team just to fix this problem in Dynasty is ridiculous, especially when that means that it will still be a problem in play now

# 138 BadAssHskr @ 08/11/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
what about for play now? I'm sorry, but the fact that I have to do that for every team just to fix this problem in Dynasty is ridiculous, especially when that means that it will still be a problem in play now
going to agree, must be something i'm missing here?

# 139 Ramminyou @ 08/11/10 01:58 PM
Quote:
Huh. Is this post-patch/tuner you're talking about? I haven't noticed it NEARLY as much as I did before today's update.

# 140 Rebel10 @ 08/11/10 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle
how is that a "coincidence"?
Oh you pitchfork hipsters are all the same

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.