Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Source - ESPN Videogames

Quote:
"What if Portland drafted Michael Jordan instead of Sam Bowie? It's the question that has been keeping Blazer fans up at night for decades, but "NBA 2K11" is finally going to let you see what life is like with His Airness in the City of Roses. In fact, any NBA fan who ever dreamed of Being Like Mike, or at least having Air Jordan leading their franchise to a title is sure to be intrigued by the game's new MJ: Creating a Legend mode."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 VDusen04 @ 08/11/10 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy703
agreed... if you want to make the best sim game it would be of the players of today... not the past but thats just my personal opinion.. yes its cool to have other modes to play, but this just isnt my cup of tea... i also think 2k should make their slam dunk competition like a real slam dunk competition not like a streetball type of thing, now that would get me interested
I can't say I agree with the first portion. The addition of classic teams (and not so incidentally, Michael Jordan) does a ton for me in terms of gameplay. I was very satisfied with 2K10 and I enjoy using current teams, but the option to use classic teams only multiplies replayability for me. I suppose I'm looking for simulation, but I'd include classic simulation in that fold as well. I love using real teams from years past.

However, I'm really with you on the Slam Dunk Competition. My belief has always been that 2K placed it at Rucker to differentiate from what Live had already implemented. I think we've passed the point now of being accused of copying an idea from Live and it should be okay to just go ahead and put it in an NBA arena in the name of simulation. Let's make the dunk contest and three point shootout during All-Star Weekend I say.

Edit: Apologies if above is off-topic. I responded as 23's post was being written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syncity14
Great idea, wrong jersey tho. I'm sure they'll fix it
I was thinking, maybe the Jordan picture is just mislabeled as "Rookie Jordan". The earliest Jordan we're supposed to have access to is the 1986 vs. Boston version, yes? In that case, the jersey would indeed be accurate. I'd bet this picture is supposed to be '86 Jordan.

# 102 eko718 @ 08/11/10 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy703
sorry if i want to have complete control over my player and everything they do, thats why im leaning towards elite this year... sorry i dont want to be dragged into long animations all the time... 2k is a great game i just want more control, not more animations.
LOL... have fun with that.
Quote:
I was thinking, maybe the Jordan picture is just mislabeled as "Rookie Jordan". The earliest Jordan we're supposed to have access to is the 1986 vs. Boston version, yes? In that case, the jersey would indeed be accurate. I'd bet this picture is supposed to be '86 Jordan.
How different would the rookie Jordan look anyway? That series against Boston was in his second year.

# 103 NINJAK2 @ 08/11/10 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUSS11
Jordan on any team besides the Bulls (ok, maybe the Wizards too) seems peculiar. I'm definitely surprised by the community reactions. I swear some here would eat up anything 2K fed to them, but if it's what people want then all the power to you 2K. I'll be sticking with My Player though.
It's more of people eating up anything Jordan than anything 2k. I sent that MJ Legend article to people at my office who don't even play video games and never heard of 2ksports. I got a call at my desk less than a minute later saying they were going to buy that game because they love MJ. MJ still has pull.........

# 104 23 @ 08/11/10 10:28 PM
What im telling you is...

Stop derailing the thread with multiple posts about controls.

http://osatwork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431446
Talk about controls there all you want to

# 105 VDusen04 @ 08/11/10 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
How different would the rookie Jordan look anyway? That series against Boston was in his second year.
Naw, I meant the jersey would be accurate if this were indeed the '86 Jordan mislabeled as rookie Jordan. I made a post confirming the jersey was incorrect but then I had a second thought about the earliest Jordan included being from '86. In his first year the away uniforms were in cursive. Not so in the Boston series. I was not complaining. I was reaffirming.

# 106 Bornindamecca @ 08/11/10 10:39 PM
This mode alone makes it a must buy. I hope we can age in My Player as well though. Also hope we don't have to switch teams in Be A Legend mode.

# 107 eko718 @ 08/11/10 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Naw, I meant the jersey would be accurate if this were indeed the '86 Jordan mislabeled as rookie Jordan. I made a post confirming the jersey was incorrect but then I had a second thought about the earliest Jordan included being from '86. In his first year the away uniforms were in cursive. Not so in the Boston series. I was not complaining. I was reaffirming.
I didn't think you were complaining at all. I'm thinking this is a young Jordan in 'Create a Legend' mode which is why the uniform is what it is. That looks current day to me.

# 108 VDusen04 @ 08/11/10 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
I didn't think you were complaining at all. I'm thinking this is a young Jordan in 'Create a Legend' mode which is why the uniform is what it is. That looks current day to me.
Ohhh, gotcha. Misunderstanding. My bad, bud.

# 109 Sinner @ 08/11/10 11:15 PM
Going to be fun, noticed they said player trades and signings..hoping they have signings and better trades for my Player mode also

# 110 Live_4real @ 08/11/10 11:18 PM
Another game mode??? Crazy.....

The power that MJ has/had is unbelievable, you can make a My player Mode, and the next year you just do the same but put MJ on it, change the name, and it is an instant success, 2k is doing a great job of selling Jordanīs name....

Now that 2k has all the modes we can have (maybe not) letīs just hope that they do a great job of making them deep experiences, so that gamers will have a hard time selecting which mode to play....

I just simply donīt understand how some people look at that screenshot and say that it is perfect, sometimes I feel like when you like something, you donīt even want to make critical observation about it, when in fact you should.

That player body is not accurate, I am sorry, the face actually is very nice, but the body is off, and it is not any crime to say that...

2k on the MJ-factor

PeAcE

# 111 2kfanatic @ 08/11/10 11:24 PM
Being the 2kfanatic that I am, This is great news although I think the young MJ should be a bit skinnier.

# 112 aloncho11 @ 08/11/10 11:43 PM
Can we retire MJ at any point in his career? I wanna play just 10-12 seasons... and not 18-19 seasons when he's close to 40.

# 113 LeBronistheKing @ 08/12/10 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncity14
Great idea, wrong jersey tho. I'm sure they'll fix it

If you are refering to it being the wrong jersey because you think it should look like this you are actually mistaken. Because the screenshot is from the 1986 season which is when they switched to that jersey.

# 114 TUSS11 @ 08/12/10 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
It's more of people eating up anything Jordan than anything 2k. I sent that MJ Legend article to people at my office who don't even play video games and never heard of 2ksports. I got a call at my desk less than a minute later saying they were going to buy that game because they love MJ. MJ still has pull.........
That's true.

# 115 Goffs @ 08/12/10 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
LOL Peter Moore "They’ve got a great product and I’m sure their cover boy isn’t going to impact that."

# 116 MukaMuka @ 08/12/10 01:38 AM
Bad move 2k you loaded so much content onto this game that this will likely be the last NBA game I will ever need or buy. I can play these modes for years. I just don't see how I would need 2K12 and beyond, lol

# 117 portlandblazer @ 08/12/10 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBronistheKing
If you are refering to it being the wrong jersey because you think it should look like this you are actually mistaken. Because the screenshot is from the 1986 season which is when they switched to that jersey.
what makes you think the jersey is from the 86 season? if you actually read the article it says you take a rookie jordan into the currant nba.

# 118 youvalss @ 08/12/10 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
what makes you think the jersey is from the 86 season? if you actually read the article it says you take a rookie jordan into the currant nba.
It seems like the old Boston Garden.

# 119 Jonesy @ 08/12/10 01:59 AM
The thing that has me most excited about this announcement is the possibilities for recreating multiple legendary seasons.

I mean all you have to do is create a pretty realistic 85-86 roster (or download one from the guys who do this so well) which should be much easier seeing as we have already been told we can import the legends into the rosters. Put Jordan on the Bulls (where he belongs, it just wouldn't seem right for me to have him on any other team) and play through the seasons with him transforming his body, skills and looks over time to mirror real life. Sounds like a little slice of heaven to me.

# 120 neptuneniq @ 08/12/10 02:09 AM

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.