Home
NBA 2K11 News Post

Source - ESPN Videogames

Quote:
"What if Portland drafted Michael Jordan instead of Sam Bowie? It's the question that has been keeping Blazer fans up at night for decades, but "NBA 2K11" is finally going to let you see what life is like with His Airness in the City of Roses. In fact, any NBA fan who ever dreamed of Being Like Mike, or at least having Air Jordan leading their franchise to a title is sure to be intrigued by the game's new MJ: Creating a Legend mode."

Game: NBA 2K11Reader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 108 - View All
NBA 2K11 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Penny Hardaway @ 08/13/10 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Still not sure about this mode...Man, young MJ with today's players...it's like going against everything I believe in. Maybe I'll just play through the Jordan Challenge, then play with the 1990 Pistons until I can't do it anymore, then start a season with the current Pistons.

This. I'm sorry but I can't see myself doing that. Mike's game vs today's is entirely different....he'll always be a Chicago Bull to me. If Pippen,Horace and the rest of his teammates can't be on the team, it just doesn't sit well to me. Looks like I'll be in exhibition mode an awful lot as well as the Challenge Mode.

# 142 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/13/10 06:04 PM
Haha time to build a real Bobcat team with NC very own MJ from NC Tar Heels. Can't wait to try this mode. It's going to bring a lot of fun to the game this year. Cain't wait.

# 143 youvalss @ 08/13/10 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Haha time to build a real Bobcat team with NC very own MJ from NC Tar Heels. Can't wait to try this mode. It's going to bring a lot of fun to the game this year. Cain't wait.
Pretty scary, especially with your username being Legend Killer...

# 144 flyfreebird89 @ 08/13/10 07:10 PM
I was really excited and now that i calmed down, i remember how i hate playing association beyond 3 years or so b/c everyone starts retiring and the league is filled with generic players that all look the same and players sign on teams where they will be on the bench b/c someone is already at their position. Teams throwing all their money at average players. A bunch of ridiculous trades. I HATE all of that.

I really have my fingers crossed for a better CAP mode and for some kind of face recognition technology though.

I guess the only way to make this exciting is to edit Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Kidd, etc all to be in there 20's.

If only we could import created players/legends into our own Draft Classes and use them in this mode or association.

# 145 Goffs @ 08/13/10 07:14 PM
yeah...watch how Jordan ages while his teammates looks the same through the years lol

# 146 aloncho11 @ 08/14/10 03:38 AM
It's an absolute anachronism. I will eventually mod and tweak every 2010 player and replace them by retro ones, so that Jordan plays with and against the players he did throughout his career

# 147 youvalss @ 08/15/10 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
It's an absolute anachronism. I will eventually mod and tweak every 2010 player and replace them by retro ones, so that Jordan plays with and against the players he did throughout his career
What season will you choose to create? His rookie season of 1984-85?

# 148 aloncho11 @ 08/15/10 04:09 PM
Most probably, and then create the corresponding draft classes for the following seasons. Not a one man job though.

# 149 kb2310 @ 08/20/10 02:31 AM
I'm guessing they are going to have old rosters to fit with the time period like in the trailer with snoop dogg rapping like how they showed isiah thomas and joe dumars and the rest of the old pistons

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.